Your viewing journal

Tasker said:
I also rewatched it afterwards with the commentary track on, ( as I said, I was bored, ) and I never realised untill they mentioned it, that during the bit where Misato gets blown up, if you slow-mo it you see the body fly in one direction and the legs fly off in another, how sick is that. :twisted:
I have yet to try this, well... I tried with youtube, but the result was in-conclusive. ._.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hyaku said:
DaNiMe said:
Hyaku said:
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai 1- Never even heard of this until this morning, so I thought I'd give it a try; never again. The first episode had me looking at random crap on my desk after about 6 minutes. Dropped.

That could be because it's the sequel to Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry).

Are you pointing out my ignorance there, or reaffirming the strong belief that 99.99% of sequels are miniscule when compared to the original?

Pointing out your ignorance :lol:

Tasker said:
I also rewatched it afterwards with the commentary track on, ( as I said, I was bored, ) and I never realised untill they mentioned it, that during the bit where Misato gets blown up, if you slow-mo it you see the body fly in one direction and the legs fly off in another, how sick is that. :twisted:
Did you also notice that they added sound effects in the dubbed version. I'll never forgive them for that stupid gun splat. -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
Been watching some Guyver recently. I've got the old series on DVD and the first volume of the new one, and it's interesting to see the changes they made. (new series is more spread out)

Neither show are that amazing, but they're both fun. :)

I've almost stopped completely posting in here, xD.

Dennou Coil, 6 - 7
Bleach, 133
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, 1 - 2
Jin-Roh
Lucky Star, 13
Nagasarete Airantou, 13

Watching Later Today-

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, 3
Murder Princess, 4
. . . .Maybe . . . MONSTER, 11

Onegai Teacher 1/2 - Getting back into swings i've started with a series i've had on my list for a while now. I've had a few preconceptions about this show. Is the story interesting enough to sustain me? Is it going to have one cliche after another? The answer is yes and no. In terms of the story, yes, it is interesting to keep you watching for the whole length. Bundled with a decent performance from the original voice cast the characters seem believable and thier reactions having some sense of reality to them. The comedy is light and relies more on the characters reactions rather than the generic slapstick usualy introduced.

The animation is decent. The character designs do look somewhat generic, with the exception of the two protaganists. Kei somewhat reminds me of Negi from Negima. The environments are the strongpoint, good detail and an array of scenes make it a pleasure to watch. Again much like the animation the soundtrack has it's strong points and it's weaknesses. For me the strong points would have to be the opening and some of the tracks. Some can add some atmoshpere to a scene, but in general the majority i find it generic bordering on catchy.

Onegai Teacher strikes me as a show that is going to have to rely on it's characters relationships and a good, interesting story to keep it's head above the water. It's a bit early to judge just yet but i think it can do just that.

What Manga are you watching now?

Well the question is in the title i am watching, at the moment, Akira which has to be one of my favourite Manga films and the film called Judge. Its amazing what people can create isnt it?

Just finished episode 3 of Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou Tou.

Still trying to figure out wether I like it or not. So far the series just reaks of anime cliches with average animation.

Up to ep.24 of Death Note – comes to a nice midway climax (more like two-thirds-way really) with this episode - where's it gonna go next??
Call me a petrol-head, but I was impressed by the fact that they used the correct engine sound on Higuchi’s Porsche 911 - attention to detail - that’s what I like!

Finished off Kino’s Journey with Vol.4 – good little series – I add some thoughts to the existing Kino thread when/if I get round to it.

Back