Your viewing journal

Denno Coil 6- hmm So Amasawa isn't a complete bovine, but she is good at pretending she is. Wondering how long till everyone works out they are on the same side.
Zero no Tsukaima - Futatsuki no Kishi - 01 ... Fast forwarded most of it as it was totally cringe inducing, but at lest they seem to have got to aplotat the end
Nagasarete Airantou, 14 - Catching up to the manga (translated ones anyway). So going to get some new material soon... excellent.
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World Vol 3 Kinda underwhelming ending. It wasn't bad, just Armageddon through butterflies? Also felt like it was only a half hearted attempt to end the world. Prefer my villains to truly be committed to world destruction. The peril was never really perilous enough.
Code-E 1 Girl makes EMP blasts when scared, excited etc. In Japan... man is she in for an interesting life. While only the first episode has potential.
Gunparade Orchestra 1-2... Mecha piloted by school kids... guessing its a sequel to Gunparade March, but nothing yet has made me think you can't watch it independently

Najinca Blitz Tactics Eps 1 - 12 If you can ignore all the panty shots, the fact that 99% ( no exageration ) of the characters in it are female and that it's as cheesy as hell, it's actually not got that bad of a story arc.

I finished Evangelion (which was absolutely, jaw droppingly excellent!) so I've got Tokyo Godathers, Millenium Actress, and Karas waiting for me on DVD now! :)

I've just realised I'm really far behind in what I watch. I'm 4 episodes behind with Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS, 2 behind with Lucky Star, 1 behind with Hayate no Gotoku and I need to start Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai and I need to finish Devilman Lady and Utawarerumono.

Zero no Tsukaima: Futatsuki no Kishi - 01

I'm only in it for the cute girls. But seriously, the episode seemed rather typical and was pretty much what I expected. Nothing much happened except for the twist at the end.

CitizenGeek said:
I finished Evangelion (which was absolutely, jaw droppingly excellent!) so I've got Tokyo Godathers, Millenium Actress, and Karas waiting for me on DVD now! :)
Get Perfect Blue after you've watched Tokyo Godfathers and Millennium Actress. It's one of my favourite films. Paprika is another Satoshi Kon film to watch out for when it's released in September.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 1st Gig 1 - Started to rewatch this again, i watched up to about 3/4 of the way through the series while i was sick one time so i totally lost sight of who was who and where the hell the plot was going, really looking forward to watching this one. Got halfway through the first ep but was then sidetracked, peeved at the lag that the subtitles have, anyone else have this problem or is my dvd player on the way out?

Gundam Wing 15 - Started rewatching this series since i caught bits and pieces while i was at secondary school. Its ok, but they re-use snippets so often that it gets a bit tiring, just waiting for it to all kick off and have Heero get his gundam back.

Liquid Skin said:
[Got halfway through the first ep but was then sidetracked, peeved at the lag that the subtitles have, anyone else have this problem or is my dvd player on the way out?
It's the actual DVD. Manga had a bad time with the first Gig and it was mainly due to sloppy subtitles. The seemed to have cleaned up their act for the second Gig though. It irritated me so much though that I got fed up and ended up importing the series.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
CitizenGeek said:
Get Perfect Blue after you've watched Tokyo Godfathers and Millennium Actress. It's one of my favourite films. Paprika is another Satoshi Kon film to watch out for when it's released in September.

I held off on Perfect Blue as lots of people told me it was too confusing. I'll see how I get on with Tokyo Godfathers and Millenium Actress, then decide wether I'd like Perfect Blue or not. I can't wait for Paprika! Watching the trailer for that trailer is what made me want to watch some of Kon's stuff!

CitizenGeek said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:
CitizenGeek said:

I held off on Perfect Blue as lots of people told me it was too confusing. I'll see how I get on with Tokyo Godfathers and Millenium Actress, then decide wether I'd like Perfect Blue or not. I can't wait for Paprika! Watching the trailer for that trailer is what made me want to watch some of Kon's stuff!
Perfect Blue isn't confusing when you reach the end of the movie. Paprika is the most mind boggling movie he's done. As good as it was I'm going to have to watch that again to understand it some more.

Kenichi - 37
Naruto Shippuuden - 019
Zombie-Loan - 01
Bleach - 133
D.Gray-man - 40
Claymore - 14 - 15
Nagasarete Airantou - 14
Tokimeki - 21
Kaibutsu Oujo - 08 - 09

Zero no Tsukaima - 2nd Season - 01 - Finally got to see the first episode of the second series, and I love it, the humour is still ther and the story pics up exactly where it left off at the end of series one.
Best bits have to be how the two of the main characters Louise and Saito's relationship has moved on, they aren't master/pet anymore they are more like friends with Louise realising her feelings for Saito more and more.
Infact Saito no longer has to sleep on the floor and is now allowed into the bed although she still punishes him (lots in this episode) by blowing him up when he looks at other girls.
Brilliant and I can't wait to see more of this.

Only a couple of episodes lined up for later today, firstly Dennou Coil 1, since i've heard good things round here, i thought why not give it a try, so looking forward to that, also plan to restart Haibane Renmei.

Onegai Teacher 3/5 - Sat down tonight and watched three more episodes of Onegai Teacher and i must say i'm really warming to this show. The story is moving on now and evolving around the relationships between Kei and the other characters and how his new life is conflicting with his old ways. Nothing really goes on in terms of story, it's more of a side story with character development thrown in. It doesn't make it any less enjoyable though, episode 4 or 5 are by far the best i've seen of this show.

There is a nice blend of drama and comedy. The drama isn't serious enough to be undermined by the comedy but it has the power to appeal on a different level. If you don't like comedy you can look past it and still get a good experience watching the show. The comedy isn't full slapstick or in your face, it's just brilliantly written and i really enjoyed some of the funny moments. A few i even laughed out loud, that's something i hardly do unless i'm watching a pure comedy show. Marie is great comedy relief and the little tidbits are great, for example in episode 5 with the little girl walking her dog.

Great little series, funny yet sincere. Don't let the whole alien thing put you off, it doesn't interfere with the story as much as you think.

Back