Your viewing journal

Attack on Titan: The Final Season Part 2 episode 81 The Awakening.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 236 On the move.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc episode 11 Only if you leave. (Complete. A solid arc overall and stronger for me than the previous.) 4/5

Shenmue the Animation
episode 2 Scrap.

Tokyo Mew Mew episodes 13-33

Hal (Blu-ray)

Another 'what is real in a world of androids and AI' film that I knew very little about and while fairly simplistic (it's only 60 minutes long) it was an interesting take on the genre.

Macross 7 - Episodes 4 & 5 (Blu-ray)

Ranma 1/2 - Episodes 62 - 64 (Blu-ray)

That's season 3 finished and I can understand why this seems to be the point that a lot of people starting dropping Ranma 1/2. I find it very funny and every episode has made me laugh out loud so far but the antics of Ranma, Akane, Ryoga et al. do start to get very repetitive. I'm sticking with it though as I want to complete the franchise.

Megaton Musashi - Episodes 10 - 12

This first half of Megaton Musashi has failed to capture me. It isn't bad per se but just very, very by the numbers.

Last edited:
The Orbital Children
Another fun sci-fi series from Den-noh Coil's Mitsuo Iso. Could do with a rewatch as I didn't quite understand the significance of the sounds Konoha could hear throughout the series. That issue aside it was still a fantastic ride echoing similar elements from his previous work like great child characters, hard sci-fi themes and some good socio-political commentary all wrapped up in a fantastic production worthy of the extraterrestrial setting.

Last edited:
Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 episode 6 Helping Hand.

SABIKUI BISCO episode 6 A Mentor’s musings.

Tokyo Mew Mew episodes 34-48

Attack on Titan: The Final Season (English Dub) Episode 75

Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles (English Dub) Episode 8

Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 6

Snow White with the Red Hair (Rewatch) Episode 1-9

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Entertainment District Arc - Episode 11

Attack on Titan: The Final Season (Part 2) - Episode 81

Komi Can't Communicate - Episode 1 - 8

I knew I'd enjoy it but I'm loving Komi so far, one of my favourite recent anime based off of the first eight episodes, look forward to the rest as well as the second season.

Life With an Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated Into a Total Fantasy Knockout episode 6 Squidnapped.

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt episode 6 Nominee.

Tokyo Mew Mew episodes 49-52 (Complete. I decided to check this out after seeing it recommended in the recent AUKN 2002 themed article and it’s a fun if repetitive series that could use some narrative improvements that I hope the upcoming adaptation can provide.) 3/5

Tsurune (Rewatch)
episodes 1-14 (Complete. A solid rewatch for a series that I enjoyed back when it aired.) 3.5/5

Ranma 1/2 ep2-5

Was quite surprised that the recap scene that repeated the end of episode 2 at the start of 3 had been reanimated using different camera angles and a slightly different sequence of events (Kuno now carries several buckets of water instead of just one, for example), instead of simply reusing the same footage. It almost feels like they wanted to make a Rashomon style comment about different characters seeing the same event differently, but then it just seemed to move on? Still kind of neat anyway.

Baccano! eps 1-3

Princess Connect! Re: Dive s2 e6
Mysterious Knight.

Attack on Titan Final Season p2 e6
At ease soldier.

Demon Slayer: Entertainment District Arc ep 11 (complete)
Together forever.
I think this could have been a little longer or maybe the fight, as epic as it was at times, could have been shorter, taking up over half the episodes! Or they could have interspersed the story from the final episode in between the beats of the fight. I would have liked more exploration of the entertainment district and a bit more investigation into finding the cause of the problem they were sent to investigate before kicking off as it seemed a bit too easy. Together with the Mugen Train Arc (the vast majority of which was, obviously, already in the can) there were 18 episodes, 8 short of the first season.
Art and animation were great and probably better than parts of Mugen Train!
8/10

Belle

A random find to see it being displayed at my local cinema (11 other viewers), especially as I had some odeon cinema tickets from Lloyds Bank to use up, I decided to give it a go.

Quite a good movie, good character development.

February 15 & 16th.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro (English Dub) Episode 6

In the Land of Leadale Episode 7

Life With an Ordinary Guy who Reincarnated into a Total Fantasy Knockout Episode 6

Police in a Pod Episode 7

She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man Episode 6

Snow White with the Red Hair (Rewatch) Episode 10-24 (Complete. A solid rewatch to a series that I thoroughly enjoyed back when it originally aired, which has now become one of my favourite romance animes.) 3.5/5

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt
Episode 6

It's been a while since I've posted about a specific episode but I just watched Princess Connect Re: Dive Season 2 episode 4 and damn that one sure deserves a mention. Definitely a good candidate for episode of the year for the sheer animation quality alone. Episode director Takahito Sakazume and producer Kan Mizoguchi did an exceptional job at gathering one of the most star studded animator lineups in recent years. From Attack on Titan's action animation director Arifumi Imai to Black Clover director Tatsuya Yoshihara. Konosuba's character designer Koichi Kikuta and Jujutsu Kaisen OP director Shingo Yamashita. From industry titans Hironori Tanaka and Kou Yoshinari to rising stars China and Eri Irei and many more. Never thought I'd see all these names on the same episode.

Sakugablog posted a more in depth article here.

Princess Connect Re: Dive Season 2 episode 4
Did you go straight into episode 5? I assume it had much of the same staff as they were a two parter.
It gets even more epic, especially the climax (spoilers obvs):

Back