Your viewing journal

Did you go straight into episode 5? I assume it had much of the same staff as they were a two parter.
It gets even more epic, especially the climax (spoilers obvs):
While it is pretty good, episode 5 doesn't share much resemblance to episode 4 in terms of staff. Aside from having a different director there's only four returning animators for this one. Shu Sugita and TOMATO's scenes were fantastic but overall it's your usual episode of Priconne.

Episode 4 is up there with the likes of Hakuyu Go's Mob Psycho 100 II episode 5, Fate/Apocrypha episode 22 and Nakaya Onsen's Fate/Babylonia episode 19. These kinds of episodes happen very rarely in the industry.

Requiem for the Rose King ep 6
Turncoat.

Hakozume ep 7
Stakeout and friendly chat.

Love of Kill ep 6
Cliffhanger... Except I think the OP spoils the identity of the culprit.

Sabikui Bisco ep 6
Frozen friend.

I'M KODAMA KAWASHIRI ep 6
Chocolate!

but overall it's your usual episode of Priconne.
Just skimmed through both. I think in terms of animation, yeah episode 4 is better, I think I remember 5 as being great because it had a lot of interesting and impactful story beats, which, if I'm remembering the episode of Mob Psycho you mentioned correctly, had both!
Reading the article the director does all the storyboards and is down as in charge of series composition on MAL, so he must be a massive fan of the game to know so many different story lines and reinterpret them in anime form. The part of the story of the 2 episodes concerning Kasumi is a re-mix of her bond story in the game, she's the latest character to appear in the Global version. I had to roll for her as she's voiced by Inori Minase! He also must be a fan of her as I think she's had the most lines out of any of the other girls outside of the Gourmet Guild in just 2 episodes. And the cast is chock-full of big talent.

Dai-Shogun Episodes 1 - 12 (over the course of the last couple weeks)

latest title from my backlog, nothing that special, ending was a bit weak like it was going for another series.

Reading the article the director does all the storyboards and is down as in charge of series composition on MAL, so he must be a massive fan of the game to know so many different story lines and reinterpret them in anime form.
Storyboards for almost every episode. For this season Kanasaki's done the storyboards for 4 episodes so far. Episode 4 was storyboarded by Takahito Sakazume while episode 6 is by Koichi Kikuta. Still impressive to have storyboarded 15 episodes across 2 seasons.

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 2 episode 6 Defiance.

Ultra Maniac episodes 18-26 (Complete. A humorous comedy romance with a mostly likeable cast that only fell short for me when some romance elements felt clichéd in execution and I also found the ending to be a bit too forgiving for one of the characters’ actions.) 3.5/5

Umi Monogatari
episodes 1-9

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 1

In the Land of Leadale (English Dub) Episode 1

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 2 Episode 6

Shenmue the Animation ep1-2

I’m still inclined to feel that the story of Shenmue was never its greatest asset as a game, but, much as I miss the scenery-chewing camp of Yakuza, this is clearly a quality production - the action is nicely done and 80s Yokohama is lovingly realised on the screen.

After maintaining my 1 episode per week limit I've now finished the first batch for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean. Despite this it seems there's still no word on when Netflix will upload the second batch. Loved the weekly releases they did for Blue Period and Komi Can't Communicate so it's disappointing to see them return to batch releases like this.

That aside it's yet another wacky time with the Joestar family. Jolyne provides an interesting change as the first female JoJo and the prison setting is used effectively. Sadly due to studio priorities (shakes fists at Urusei Yatsura) and streaming demands (barking at Netflix) this instalment isn't as visually impressive as past seasons.

Slow Loop episode 7 Doting.

Teasing Master Takagi-san Season 3 episode 7 Presents.

The Case Study of Vanitas Part 2 episode 18 Without you.

World’s End Harem episode 7 Bedsitter.

Umi Monogatari episodes 10-13 (Complete. Though at times visually pleasing and sporting some decent leads the story and its darker twists and turns didn’t engage me that much.) 3/5

Utawarerumono (Rewatch)
episodes 1-11

Girls Frontline (English Dub) Episode 3

Restaurant to Another World Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 10

CUE! Episode 7 Joining and Observing.

Girls Frontline Episode 7 Showtime.

Slow Loop Episode 7 Dote.

Teasing Master Takagi-san Season 3 Episode 7 Gifts.

World's End Harem (Uncensored) Episode 7

Arifureta From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 2 episodes 3-4.
Princess Connect! Re Dive Season 2 episode 3.
Attack on Titan The Final Season part 2 episodes 1-2.

Please Teacher episodes 1-6 (before my Region A BR player got grumpy): Haven't seen this for 20 years or so, but I remember a lot of the story. Good romantic fun in a story where a schoolboy marries his hot alien teacher to maintain her cover story.

Also been watching the Laurel & Hardy definitive BR, which is a well-restored hoot (though very violent - how did Ollie not end up with brain damage!?).

Slow Loop ep 7
Belated celebration.

The Case Study of Vanitas s2 e6
Saving you from yourself.

CUE! ep 7
Blinding.

Akebi's Sailor Uniform ep 7
Guitar.

My Dress-Up Darling ep 7
Research.

Akebi’s Sailor Uniform episode 7 Make mine music.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Part 2 episode 20 Them bones.

Lupin III: Part VI episode 18 Culprit.

Miss KUROITSU from the Monster Development Department episode 6 Blush.

My Dress-Up Darling episode 7 Home visit.

Utawarerumono (Rewatch) episodes 12-26 (Complete. An early favourite of mine that has held up nicely all these years later.) 4.5/5

Utawarerumono: The False Faces
episodes 1-6

Finished Season 2 of Fire Force. That was a blast. Some really good story arcs throughout.

I need Season 3 asap. I've read there's going to be a Fire Force related announcement in SJ next week, with the final chapter, but i won't hold my breath.

Finished Angelic Layer, rewatched all of Boogiepop Phantom and have almost finished rewatching Eureka Seven (on episode 49) all dubbed, the dub for Boogiepop Phantom is actually pretty solid and far better than the one for Serial Experiments Lain IMO, I also tried watching Angel Beats and I do like it but certain things about it were just too upsetting for me to handle at the time, so I'm leaving it for later (also I was watching subbed cuz I like the Japanese vocal performances a lot but struggled to devote the time to that).

Last edited:
Back