Your viewing journal

Suppose a Kid From the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town (English Dub) Episode 2

Azur Lane: Slow Ahead! Episode 10 Hot-spring.

Otherside Picnic Episode 11 Rescue.

Suppose a Kid From the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town Episode 11 Impending danger.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 2 Episode 11 Tongue-tied.

Otherside Picnic episode 11 Marines in need.

Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved into a Starter Town? episode 11 Plotting.

True Cooking Master Boy 2nd Season episode 22 Changing destiny.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 2 episode 11 Halloween thanking.

Twin Star Exorcists episodes 41-50 (Complete. An uneven anime which lets down a fairly interesting premise due to some clichéd character archetypes and lacklustre story arcs. I may check out the manga to see how the story was meant to develop but this was rather underwhelming overall.) 2.5/5

Unlimited Psychic Squad
episodes 1-3

OMG someone else who knows The Tragedy of Man! I keep meaning to watch it and I've seen Feherlofia and Janos Vitez by Jankovics, I am super excited about the Arbelos Blu-ray of both those films (though I'm planning to just buy the standard edition as I'm not really into slipcovers or posters) :)

Yes, I've got the Hungarian Blu-Ray of The Tragedy of Man - it's another incredibly dense animated film with English subtitling that seems to mimic Old Testament language. The most ambitious animated film of this century - if not ever - at least until Yuri Norsein finally finishes The Overcoat. Jankovics deserves to be better known; I'm very excited for the upcoming Arbelos Blu-Ray.

Ajin Season 2 (Japanese) - Episodes 5-8

Shimomura... must... protecc. Even tho I know she could beat the ever loving sh*t out of me. Anyway, some decent ground was covered in these episodes and we’re gearing up for the big finale. I’m really interested in how they end the series because from what I know there’s not a huge amount of the manga covered, I wouldn’t mind a cliffhanger for a third season to potentially adapt more but I also don’t want a cliffhanger for something... yeah... probably isn’t gonna happen.

The Comic Artist and His Assistants
Episodes 1 - 12 plus the OVAs

Not particularly a series I will be rushing to re-watch. Bit funny at times but mostly "what the heck" and "why on earth are the girls putting up with him" and other sillyness.

Black Clover episode 168 A need of strength.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season episode 33 A rage to fear.

Unlimited Psychic Squad episodes 4-12 (Complete. A solid esper-human conflict storyline.) 3.5/5

Urara Meirochou
episodes 1-3

Ajin Season 2 - Episodes 9-13 Complete

Quite a satisfying ending, leaves room for a third season if Polygon can or want to do one but isn’t just left hanging like I was concerned about. I definitely have to read the manga at some point tho as a few characters don’t get any arc resolution.

Cells at Work BLACK ep 10
The title kinda spoilt the events, but I didn't think that he'd be the one to die. I thought maybe one of the white blood cells would when they were fighting the bacteria.

Kimono Jihen ep 10
Cold hearted.

Wonder Egg Priority ep 10
Boy what a ride... through hell!
Massive minefield of gender misconceptions in this episode as the member of the group we follow in this episode is already established
as being body conscious because she's tall and is boyish (not quite sure why she wouldn't wear more girly attire and grow her hair out? because she definitely wants to be seen as a girl). She keeps getting asked out by girls, but she finally gets asked out by a boy only to be rejected when they realise she's a girl 😞 Then in the dream world she has to defend a person who was born female, but who identifies as a male, but then killed themselves after getting pregnant after being raped 😡 🤬 Not for the faint hearted this one! The monster, in every sense, then also mistakes our heroine as a boy!
After beating the monster and "winning", the prize was a sham and she a visit from shinigami! Talk about a bad day!

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episode 24
WONDER EGG PRIORITY (Japanese audio) - Episode 10

2021-03-17.png

2021-03-17_2.png

Black Clover - Episode 168
The end of episode with elves took me by surprise. This series is getting better and better with each arc, and sadly there are only 2 episodes left.

Hortensia SAGA episode 11 Bearer.

Log Horizon: Destruction of the Round Table episode 10 The young ones.

Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World- 2nd Season Part 2 episode 49 Convince.

Urara Meirochou episodes 4-12 (Complete. A fun fantasy series with some darker moments here and there.) 3.5/5

March 16th & 17th.

Burn the Witch (English Dub) Episode 1-3 (Complete)

Chidori RSC (Rifle is Beautiful) (English Dub) Episode 11

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 27

LBX Girls Episode 11 Final preparations.

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 49 Persuade.

Redo of Healer (Uncensored) Episode 10

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season Episode 34 Fear the wrath.

World Witches Series: World Witches Take Off! Episode 10 Errands.

Finished rewatching Scrapped Princess and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, also rewatched episodes 1-22 of Cowboy Bebop and now I'm gonna wait until the movie arrives on Blu-ray and then watch that before I watch episodes 23-26 :) I also finished rewatching Totoro and rewatched Laputa and Nausicaa after they arrived in the post 1-3 days ago, I am now rewatching FLCL (on Blu-ray for the first time) and Land of the Lustrous on Blu-ray also (previously gave up on the simulwatch for health reasons but still wanted to finish it, I'm on episode 4) - I watched/am watching all of these dubbed except for FLCL which I am watching subbed.

The big news here though, is that I finally watched and utterly loved Erased. Really really good show, I bought the standard editions in collector's box from AL's Early Bird Redux or Xmas deal or something like that and I had never seen a single episode, complete blind buy, but I got really into it and watched the whole thing dubbed in one day! I'm not always great at finding interesting things to say about what I watch but I would recommend it anyway, I can see why it was so popular :)

Last edited:
cJX91RXl.png

Higurashi: When They Cry Gou (Japanese audio) - Episode 24 (Completed)

Gou is a very interesting addition to the Higurashi series. This series takes place after the events of both the visual novel, the manga adaptation and the 2006 anime seasons (Higurashi, Higurashi Kai, Higurashi Rei) [basically if you read/watched either one of those three you are good to go!].

While folks were rather confused about whether this was supposed to be a remake because the author referenced it as "newcomer friendly", deceiving is a pretty notable theme throughout the whole of Higurashi Gou ~ characters make you assume it could go one way when it ends up on another, the author makes you think it's a remake when it's in fact a sequel, and a character is introduced to be connected to something when in reality it may not, and more - in other words, the author likes to play around. In a recent interview, he said both lies and truth are sprinkled throughout.

As for criticisms, my personal issue with Higurashi in general has been the repetitiveness of the beginning aspects of the story in most of the arcs (and it's usually the second half of that arc where the best parts are located) so for Gou's first cour it is pretty decent but the issues are still there. The second cour on the other hand is a lot better, because it's completely different to the usual structure and is the season's strongest aspect overall.

With Higurashi Sotsu announced for July 2021, Higurashi Gou offers a solid venture and more mystery that may even link to a certain other When They Cry series but most importantly is not a newcomer friendly show because it spoils all of the surprises that were presented before.

Grav's Rating: 8/10 [1st Cour: 7/10 - 2nd Cour: 9/10].

Back