Your viewing journal

Bungo Stray Dogs season 2
Another great season. I especially enjoyed the flashback arc at the start of the series.

Bungo Stray Dogs Dead Apple
Great spectacle. Really uses that movie budget to go all out in the action.

Bungo Stray Dogs season 3
I did enjoy this but probably not as much as the first 2 seasons. As much as I liked the short stories that were needed to put things in place before the main arc at the end it did feel like 2/3s of the season was needed for that which seemed a little much.

Not sure how I knew nothing about this show going in, it's very well made with interesting characters on all sides, interesting power sets and some great action to boot.

Eps 1-7 of Yakitate!! Japan

Which inspired the LN series "I have circulation problems so my hands are naturally cold, but I'm still determined to become a baker!" :p Jokes aside I hope I actually finish this series one day, I watched the first 13 episodes or so years ago and it was a lot of fun :)

Still watchin' Fullmetal :)

Gundam Reconguista in G (Japanese) - Episodes 5-9

Still not really sure about anything happening, more characters are in the mix too. I’m just sort of along for the ride atm.

Black Clover episode 163 Seal and slash.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season episode 29 Quite the prelude.

Tenjho Tenge episodes 1-13

Chidori RSC (Rifle is Beautiful) (English Dub) Episode 7

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season Episode 30 Prelude to war.

World Witches Series: World Witches Take Off! Episode 5 Vacation?

Magical Princess Minky Momo (1982): Episodes 1-4

snapshot_15.52.042.jpg
She can use the Minky Stick. She can use it to legally beat you.

Absolutely joyous. Why the papareho papareho doriminpa does this not have an official English release? I watched this mainly out of historical curiousity and did not expect it to hold up nearly as well as it does, but the story of "What if Mr. Benn and Cutie Honey had a daughter?" still proves incredibly charming, genuinely funny and surprisingly high-quality nearly 40 years later. You'd have thought I'd know better than to underestimate a show meant for little girls which unintentionally attracted an adult male fan base (but wheras the Japanese adult male fans of a little girl's show in 1982 got decades of industry pandering, the western adult male fans of a little girl's show of 2020 are treated to articles in apparently serious media publications explaining why they're a bunch of literal Nazis. Hey ho. What a difference a few decades make).

snapshot_14.34.673.jpg
The King believed he had been asleep for 2000 years, but he had in fact only slept through most of 2020.

It's easy to see why Momo attracted the fans it did; also in common with pastel horse show it doesn't treat its audience like idiots. It isn't really even explained in any great detail where Momo is from or what she is even doing coming down to Earth with her toyetic magic caravan, adopting human parents and using magic to help people until the fourth episode. And that's great because (shock, horror) kids can not only handle but can also enjoy mystery and continuity just as adults do, something few kids' shows even to this day seem to acknowledge. And further to this, the plots aren't totally predictable either. I would hardly have been able to guess that an episode about a rebellious hunting dog would actually be about giving confidence to girls who wear glasses, or that the episode which appeared to be about a young J.F. Sebastian would actually lead to Momo's backstory.

snapshot_04.22.768.jpg
I think the show is probably wild enough sober, Momo.

On top of all that good stuff Momo also simply strikes me as a really positive show, in a not at all forced or disingenuous way. Momo is eager to help people and always seems to have a blast doing it. Both her and the show seem to embody that childish wonder at all the possibilities of adulthood as well as the potential in everyone to make a positive contribution to both their own and the happiness of others. And now I'm sad not only because I'm not acheiving my potential or being of use to anyone, but also because there's another 59 bleedin' episodes that don't appear to have even been subbed. Back to GE999 for me, I guess.

Bloody Funimation, I had to set sail to watch this episode as the PS4 app played Portuguese subs (even though it isn't an option!)
This has been happening to me for about a month now on one Firestick but not another so it isn't specific to PS4. A friend came across it as well recently. Last week it was Cells at Work, Cells at Work Black and Log Horizon I got it on :confused:

Hortensia SAGA episode 6 False idol.

Log Horizon: Destruction of the Round Table episode 5 Reform.

Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World- 2nd Season Part 2 episode 44 Loss again.

Tenjho Tenge episodes 14-24 & OVAs 1-2 (Complete. A martial arts anime with some edgy undertones and a cast which despite featuring some lengthy backstories didn’t leave me invested much in the story. Some of the fights were decent at least.) 2.5/5

Amon Saga
From the old Manga Collection. It was entertaining though characterisation was thin on the ground. The dub as to be expected from the time was a mixed bag. Some performances were surprisingly good but in general it was let down by the lacklustre yelling and reaction noises (of which there is a lot!)

Usagi Drop
Charming and wholesome. A really interesting study into what it means to be a parent. The characters were interesting and all had their flaws. You could sense they were doing what they thought was right even if you disagreed with them.

Demon Lord, Retry!
I should've guessed from the title this was going to be an isekei! It was a fun watch. I enjoyed the running gag of everyone and everything having a dumb name. The characters were fun and story progression felt different to your usual isekei.

Cells at Work! CODE BLACK episode 8 Clot.

Cells at Work! 2nd Season episode 6 Piggyback.

Dr. Stone: Stone Wars episode 5 Automobile.

Heaven's Design Team episode 6 Murder mystery?

Higurashi: When They Cry - NEW episode 19 Expense of happiness.

Yuru Camp△ 2nd Season episode 6 Lessons learned.

Terra Formars episodes 1-13 (Complete. Violent entertainment with a solid enough premise. The unsettling design of the Terraformars themselves also lends to the proceedings.) 3.5/5

Terra Formars episodes 1-13 (Complete. Violent entertainment with a solid enough premise. The unsettling design of the Terraformars themselves also lends to the proceedings.) 3.5/5
whatever you do don't watch Terra Formars: Revenge (aka season 2), the character designs are completely different (they shonen-fied them) and don't look anything like season 1 or the manga. I managed about 5 minutes of episode 1 and gave it up.

Ep 5 of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd season

Last edited:
Back