Your viewing journal

Attack on Titan: The Final Season episode 68 Misconception?

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 185 Coming to terms with technology.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation episode 5 Kidnap.

Non Non Biyori Nonstop episode 5 Koma-plushie.

Yatogame-Chan, Kansatsu Nikki 3 episode 5 Life in Tokyo.

Taisho Baseball Girls episodes 1-12 (Complete. A sports-based anime with a historical backdrop that made it feel more unique by being set in the 1920’s and featuring numerous references relevant to the time period. Otherwise, it’s about what I expected from an anime of this genre and the big game played out pretty much as expected.) 3.5/5

Tales of Zestiria the X
episodes 0-9

Rascal does not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai After the disapointment of my last watch I opted for a show with pedigree. This was good, great even. The last arc had me tearing up. Though sorry guys I don't think it's as great as Monogatari, Araragi's pervertedness still wins the day.

Last edited:
Attack on Titan: The Final Season (Japanese audio) - Episode 9
Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation (Japanese audio) - Episode 5
So I'm a Spider, So What? (Japanese audio) - Episode 5

The past week or two I had spent some time going through some of my on-disc anime backlog and that is pretty much wrapped up for now as I don't want to delve into the burning out phase once again (8 films & 4 shows total). Since I have started playing GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst, the progress of the simulcasts may end up being rocky over the next week or two but I am hoping to maintain a good pace.

Attack on Titan: The Final Season (English Dub) Episode 64

Sword Art Online Alicization -War of Underworld- Part 2 (English Dub) Episode 23 (Complete)

Attack on Titan: The Final Season Episode 68 False understanding.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation Episode 5 Abduction.

Non Non Biyori Nonstop Episode 5 Koma-doll.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki Season 3 Episode 5 The tokyo way.

Mardock Scramble 1-3

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Oh, these are actually a couple of favourites of mine. 😀

Mardock's an interesting one for me, because although I think the story itself has some issues, I really do like the characters, so I actually prefer it to Ghost in the Shell, whose characters I've never been especially interested in (aside from Batou and Togusa as they are in Innocence, my favourite incarnation of GitS).

Gankutsuou is another favourite, but I'll say no more until you've finished it. 🙂
The art style is very Marmite, though.

Hokuto no Ken - Episodes 68 - 72

ARIEL - Episodes 1 & 2 [Final]
ARIEL Deluxe - Episodes 1 & 2 [Final]

Another re-watch of ARIEL this time for a special episode of the Retro Anime Podcast for Mecha March (also doing a Retro Mecha Podcast special and Craig is doing a Anime Heads Retro World blog feature as well).

Landlock
Great art and designs. Pacing arguably too fast. Wouldve been better as a series than a 90min film so the good world building could have been more explored and the characters more fleshed out.

On my (long) list to watch this one. I’m glad it’s got a fast pace. Although not great it’s too fast but should be a fun watch.

Red Hawk
Entertaining. Gets better as it goes along.and by the end I was pretty invested. Also the dub improves as the films goes one and has some great sweary bits in the final act.
Ah Red Hawk the anime that’s not technically anime coz it’s Korean.. I still have the Manga UK (The Collection) DVD, I always thought it was fun and was a good one to turn to after Street Fighter II, will have to dig it out for another watch... one I always liked from ‘The Collection’ thats generally hated was Vampire Wars.. be interesting to see if I still enjoy it now as it’s been a while.

Stellvia episodes 14-26 (Complete. A sci-fi series with a focus on its characters as the tightly knit cast face ups and downs in their job roles and relationships. Another series I likely would have missed if not for Discotek releasing it.) 4/5

I have the old Geneon thinpak DVD tin release, maybe I'll actually bother to watch it now since you liked it :)

Been rewatching both FMA series, I've finished 2003 which I still love to bits and am now on Brotherhood which is also excellent :)

New Game! + New Game!! (English) Rewatch

Been watching this while playing some games recently as a way to switch off. It’s definitely become one of my comfy shows over the years, so I’m happy it’s finally available on blu-ray in the UK now. Lucky Star and Hyouka are the other 2 shows on my comfy list, can put any of these on and just chill out.

Bottom Tier Character Tomozaki-kun ep 5
Shopping trip.

Cells at Work s2 e5
Motivation.

Kemono Jihen ep 5
Mindless work.

The Promised Neverland s2 e5
Disguise.

Cells at Work BLACK ep 7
Caffeine.
Bloody Funimation, I had to set sail to watch this episode as the PS4 app played Portuguese subs (even though it isn't an option!) and the FireStick app froze every 10 seconds!

Horimiya ep 5
Bad dad.

Otherside Picnic ep 6
Waiting for the train.

Attack on Titan Final Season ep 9
More flashback and the aftermath of the events from the previous few episodes.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki s3 e5
Tokyo fangirl.

Non Non Biyori Nonstop ep 5
School project.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby s2 e6
Re-finding motivation.

Mardock's an interesting one for me, because although I think the story itself has some issues, I really do like the characters, so I actually prefer it to Ghost in the Shell, whose characters I've never been especially interested in (aside from Batou and Togusa as they are in Innocence, my favourite incarnation of GitS).

Gankutsuou is another favourite, but I'll say no more until you've finished it. 🙂
You're right about the characters being more likeable, though I guess I felt that maybe the writing could've done then more justice. I'm terms of the coldness of the characters in the original GitS, I think it supplements the existential themes quite well and that didn't register for me until you mentioned it.

Gankatsuou having a marmite art style is a good way to put it! It's of the sort though that you don't need to like to appreciate.

Gundam Reconguista in G (Japanese) - Episodes 1-4

All I can say is... what?!
I watched the first 9 episodes last year and just kinda stopped. I had the same problem last time as I do now, it moves so fast that I just can’t get to grips with who anyone is, what their motivations are and who any of the groups in play are. And so much happens in the first 3 episodes, I’m friggin exhausted. It’s a bit of a frustrating watch so far because sometimes things just happen. I’m not going to dump it again, with it being the shortest TV show in the franchise I’ll power through it.

Also I could have totally lived my entire life without seeing the Mobile Suit Toilet.

Here you go Neil, a link to some photos of the Japanese releases for Mardock Scramble that I picked up back in 2015, they are English subtitled, and came with some interesting little goodies you might like...

Mardock Scramble Japanese Box Sets

I have the UK Gankutsuou Steelcase set but that is one I have yet to watch. Will have to get on it, lol.

Last edited:
Otherside Picnic episode 6 A question of trust.

Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved into a Starter Town? episode 6 An unorthodox Tournament Arc.

True Cooking Master Boy 2nd Season episode 17 Boat battling.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 2 episode 6 Nothing left?

Tales of Zestiria the X episodes 10-12 (Complete. A solid fantasy series for which I’ll get around to the second season eventually - the PS5 Funi app doesn’t have it subbed currently for me.) 3.5/5

Tanaka-Kun is always Listless
episodes 1-12 & shorts (Complete. A laidback comedy with a likeable cast and feel throughout.) 4/5

Last edited:
Azur Lane: Slow Ahead! Episode 5 Making friends.

Otherside Picnic Episode 6 Trustworthy?

Suppose a Kid From the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town Episode 6 Competition.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 2 Episode 6 Starting over.

Well, like so many other anime I watch, I have not seen the entire series, only the first two volumes. The third JP volume was OOP for quite some time and it took me awhile to find a copy, and I have yet to watch it even after all these years. I found what I did see to be rather intriguing, though. Maybe this will nudge me to watch the entire thing over from the beginning... It's probably a good one to show to the neighbor couple too, but we still have yet to watch all of GiTS SAC and 2nd Gig yet, lol.

I buy way more anime on Blu-ray in a month's time than I watch, it's probably at least a 5 to 1 ratio, so more than half my collection is unopened/unwatched, and much of that sealed anime has been sitting on my shelf for well over 5 years. I've only seen what few episodes I watched online first to decide if I want to buy the anime... I'll never be bored once I retire, that's for surel!

Back