Your viewing journal

Azur Lane: Slow Ahead! Episode 4 Beach fun.

Otherside Picnic Episode 5 Close encounters of the military kind.

Suppose a Kid From the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town Episode 5 Confide and consolation.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 2 Episode 5 A thrilling race.

Otherside Picnic episode 5 Soldiers.

Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved into a Starter Town? episode 5 The Apprentice.

True Cooking Master Boy 2nd Season episode 16 Cooking with fire.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 2 episode 5 To win somebody’s got to lose.

Stellvia episodes 1-13

City Hunter ep1-6 (rewatch)

The Discotek BDs are a huge step up from the old ADV release in terms of picture quality, but much as I like the show, I'd forgotten quite how rough City Hunter can be early on. Everything still looks and sounds great, but the first clutch of episodes are very uneven tonally and not a great introduction for anyone coming into it anew. It's hard not to read Ryo as an outright molester in the comedic scenes and, away from those, it feels like the series was originally intended to be a lot darker in tone that what it later became, even though the anime glosses over some of the manga's more downbeat details. It's also quite apparent that they really needed Kaori as a foil for Ryo to make the formula work; the episode where she is introduced is considerably more entertaining than those around it.

By ep6, everything is starting to fall into place, however. The action is noisy and splashy, but ultimately as harmless as an episode of the A-Team, while the gag about Ryo trying to steal a cardboard cutout of his favourite actress is genuinely funny!

After War Gundam X (Japanese) - Episodes 27-31

Starting to feel the effects of the show being cut short, heading into single digits left and I don't feel like it can effectively conclude everything properly. We haven't even properly been introduced to the space colonies. It doesn't effect my enjoyment of the show but much like the original Gundam I can feel the pace accelerating very quickly.
The Frost Bros reveal their intentions! And... I still don't care for them. I think it would have worked much better to have the Freeden crew racing against a group of people from the colonies trying to gather Newtypes rather than the Frosts as there's at least some stakes there.

ID:Invaded
Cracking show. Great crime drama with a nice sci fi angle that was unique and interesting. Some of the big reveals were a bit obvious but I still really enjoyed the ride

Heroic Age
Quite a classic feeling show. Basically a fantasy dressed up to look like a sci fi. But all the tropes and plot amd even the language being used were full on historical/fantasy. I enjoyed it but I did get a bit bored at times.

Black Clover season 2
Another great season. Shonen can be so uplifting to watch! People finding their place in the world and a chosen family, fighting for what's right, extreme determination. All good stuff. Shonen may be tropey but it's good because its tropey.

Landlock
Great art and designs. Pacing arguably too fast. Wouldve been better as a series than a 90min film so the good world building could have been more explored and the characters more fleshed out.

The Victim
Solid little horror film. The twist part way through was very surprising and made it more interesting.

Wonder Egg Priority ep 4
We meet the final member of the group from the promo art/OP/ED.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby s2 e5
The big race is here!

Otherside Picnic ep 5
Unexpected meeting.

Chidori RSC (Rifle is Beautiful) (English Dub) Episode 6

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season Episode 29 Suspicions and scheming.

World Witches Series: World Witches Take Off! Episode 4 Budget woes.

Black Clover episode 162 Mark.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season episode 28 Whispers.

Stellvia episodes 14-26 (Complete. A sci-fi series with a focus on its characters as the tightly knit cast face ups and downs in their job roles and relationships. Another series I likely would have missed if not for Discotek releasing it.) 4/5

After War Gundam X (Japanese) - Episodes 32-39 Complete

Yep, this definitely near the top of my Gundam list. Frost Bros discount Team Rocket shtick aside, I think it’s a pretty well balanced exploration of some of the franchise’s themes. Would it have benefited from being a bit longer? Probably, but I think the execution over the last 9 or so episodes is enjoyable despite the absolute break neck pace it takes on. Many events that would take 3 or 4 episodes to fully play out are condensed into a single episode.

Almost as a counter to having easily the worst antagonists, it has some of the best protagonists. The Freeden crew are interesting and have great chemistry, some didn’t get quite enough screen time imo. There’s also some side characters that should have joined the crew to become main characters but I’ll let it slide since Carris shows up again and sort of joins the crew.

It’s a shame it was cut short as I’d like to see a fully realised version. An absolute joy to watch after the... experience... that was Turn A. Worth the watch for any Gundam fan and like most of the other AUs it’s a pretty good place to start if you haven’t seen anything else in the franchise.

Akudama Drive ep4-7

This has improved quite a bit in the last couple of episodes - it feels like the plot is moving along faster and there's some actual development in the characters.

You pretty much had the same criticism I had with regards to the film - the idea of the story being told through reality and fiction was quite messy throughout so there were many moments where I wasn't sure if it was supposed to happen main story-wise or not.
It’s the only Satoshi Kon film I no longer have. I rewatched it and just didn’t think it was as good as his others. So I let it go.

Given The Movie - well that’s one third of the 2020 anime films I want to see. It was very good as good as the tv show now to wait for it to get a western blu Ray release.

The Asterisk War Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 4-6
K: Return of Kings (Japanese audio) - Episodes 4-7
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episode 18
Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town? (Japanese audio) - Episode 5
WONDER EGG PRIORITY (Japanese audio) - Episode 4

Vatican Miracle Examiner 1-4 from an MVM mystery box. This was bad, dropped. I turned it off halfway through ep 4 in fact

It advertises itself as a mystery story, two priests from the vatican go to South America to investigate a miracle of a virgin pregnacy and a statue of the virgin mary crying. Yeah right, the solution to the mystery might shock you.

Nazis. Hitlers cryogenically frozen body was readily available to artificially inseminate the woman. For reference the Nazi twist was actually introduced right at the very end and explained away as "yep this makes sense" when all the previous episodes were hinting at a hidden satanic cult.

The crying statue turned out to be condensation caused by water when somone dropped it onto a guy to murder him and then washed it under the tap. Yep this statue was big and heavy enough to murder a guy, it was an actual lifesize statue of the virgin mary propped up on a massive pedastal that must weigh absolute tons. Was just casually carried by one scrawny guy to a fountain and washed. Aaaarrrrghh logic!

Given Movie (Film) A solid sequel to the series with more catchy music and relationship drama/development. 3.5/5

Hortensia SAGA
episode 5 A Delayed episode.

Log Horizon: Destruction of the Round Table episode 4 Vote.

Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World- 2nd Season Part 2 episode 43 How they met.

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online episodes 1-9

Last edited:
Eps 26-50 of Turn A Gundam...finally finished it. It felt like a chore watching this, compared to other gundam i have watched i found it boring with unlikeable characters. If i had to choose characters i liked the most out of that uninspiring cast it would be Loran, Harry and Guin

Back