Your viewing journal

SAO Gun Gale Online 1-12

Enjoyed this. Engaging and/or crazy characters, a somewhat over the top plot to create stakes and well animated with a lot of good action.

BEM Episode 9
Offering up a helping hand.

Fairy Tail Episode 327
Giving it your all with one final push.

Re:Stage! Dream Days♪ Episode 11
Turning to technology for an answer.

The Ones Within Episode 12 (Complete)
A high-stakes bet. (This was somewhat of a decent series but nothing to spectacular with it's different from the norm trapped in-game fight to survive concept. With it's unusual set of challenges, and unique cast of characters this was a pretty good watch overall.) 3/5

Vinland Saga Episode 11
Smoked out.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 125 Sasuke saves.

Vinland Saga episode 11 Unmasked royalty.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes episodes 55-62

Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-12 (Completed)

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season - 2 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 25 of 26 up-to-date
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 24 of 26 up-to-date

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season: Completed - 1 title:
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 25 episodes length [8/10]

Summer 2019 Season: Completed - 7 titles:
Astra Lost in Space - 12 episodes length [9/10]
Demon Lord, Retry! - 12 episodes length [5/10]
Given - 11 episodes length [8/10]
Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? - 12 episodes length [6/10]
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - 12 episodes length [8/10]
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord - 12 episodes length [7/10]
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 12 episodes length [6/10]

Summer 2019 Season - 7 titles:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - 9 of 13 [2 eps behind]
Cop Craft - 9 of 12 [2 eps behind]
Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? - 9 of 12 [2 eps behind]
Dr. STONE - 12 of 24 up-to-date
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II - 10 of 12 [1 ep behind]
Isekai Cheat Magician - 9 of 12 [2 eps behind]
VINLAND SAGA - 10 of 24 [1 ep behind]

Netflix - 2 titles:
Cannon Busters - 6 of 12 [6 eps left]
Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - 6 of 6 (6 more are coming soon)

BEM eps 7-9
Mans best friend, ear-splitting stuff and meeting a friend.

The Demon Girl Next Door ep 11
Inception fail and a truth revealed.

Wasteful Days of High School Girls ep 12 (complete)
I'll get by with a little help from my friends!
Hilarious at times, with some excellent characters. I particularly liked our central 3. The format of a character per episode didn't always work for me in the middle set of episodes and sometimes it was really hard to follow due to the rapid talking, talking over each other and having to read notes to get the jokes. Will definitely have to re-watch with the dub at some point. But overall I really enjoyed it.
"Hey, can I say something amazing right now?" 8/10

Demon Slayer
ep 25
The training continues.

Lord El-Melloi II ep 12
The true identity of the culprit is revealed, but doesn't go quietly.

Vinland Saga ep 11
Smokey and the bandits.

Hensuki ep 12 [END]

Not great to say the least. 3/10

Laid-Back Camp
ep 9
After the Rain ep 8
SSSS.GRIDMAN ep 10-12 [END]

It was alright... a few good eps. 5/10

Last edited:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest (English Dub) Episode 9

Fairy Tail (English Dub) Episode 324

Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she’s a cutie? (English Dub) Episode 10

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Episode 11
Some bonding and meeting a mer-child.

Cop Craft Episode 11
Guess who's back.

Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she’s a cutie? Episode 12 (Complete)
One final shocking reveal. (Let's face it, this show was just downright weird and creepy in a perverted way, especially when it came to it's female cast of characters and their desired choice of fetishes. Overall this was rather disappointing.) 2.5/5

Teasing Master Takagi-san 2 Episode 12 (Complete)
A Festival and Fireworks. (As good as the first season if not better, and of course the teasing is still as wholesome and enjoyable as ever. A decent second season overall.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
Thinking about coming off my Netflix subscription for a while, so trying to finish / check out as much as possible from there first.

Ingress the Animation ep1-3

As it's a CG anime based on a mobile phone game, my expectations for this were extremely low, but it's a surprisingly enjoyable bit of spy-fi hockum that is probably one of the nicest looking cel-shaded series I've yet seen. It does scream 'PHONE GAME' at regular intervals and it's hard not see the mc as a chuuni wish-fulfilment fantasy (he even wears a single black glove because the power of his magic hand is TOO STRONG), but in the main, I quite like it.

Dragon Pilot ep 3-5

Still slightly torn on this one. I think it's clever and fresh, but the main character is such a cringe-inducing ball of awkward social interactions that she reminds me too much of me I find her a bit grating. Great ED though.

FLCL Progressive + Alternative

"Medical Mechanica plans to capture that monster using this mochi, but I don't think it's possible. And the flower pot is missing."
FLCL Progressive, episode 6

The worrying thing is that that piece of dialogue actually makes sense in context! 😂

These two follow-ups to the original FLCL from 19 years ago are very different from each other, and it feels like it stems from their writing methodologies. Progressive feels like something written by a focus group as they brainstormed the minutiae of the FLCL "formula" and wrote a story according to that template. Alternative, by contrast, comes off as the brainchild of an ordinary fan of the original who's turning their hand to writing something inspired by the FLCL universe. It could almost have begun life as a doujinshi.

I like both series, but, on first watch of each, I liked Alternative that little bit more, even though it didn't "do" as much story-wise. Perhaps on repeat viewings, though, the more ambitious Progressive might overtake its sibling. I'd love to find out one way or the other, and, to that end, a nice UK Blu-ray release would be just the ticket. 😉

EDIT: And yet I now see that both were in fact written by the same person, Hideto Iwai. 😯
That's diversity in writing ability on show there.

Last edited:
Cop Craft eps 9.5 & 10/11
Nice concise retelling of the first arc (2.5 episodes) and then back to the mayoral candidate case. Some interesting detective stuff, but the action has suffered badly.

How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? eps 11-12
New Years and another beach trip. The bit with the guys "dying" in the boat was a bit weird!
Another fun and informative edutainment show. The characters were all fun to watch as well.
And as with all the Doga Kobo I've seen the art and animation were very good, along with the OP/ED.
"SAIDO CHESTO!" 8/10

Isekai Cheat Magician (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-11
VINLAND SAGA (Japanese audio) - Episode 11
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World (Japanese audio) - Episode 25

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season - 2 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 25 of 26 up-to-date
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 25 of 26 up-to-date

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season: Completed - 1 title:
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 25 episodes length [8/10]

Summer 2019 Season: Completed - 7 titles:
Astra Lost in Space - 12 episodes length [9/10]
Demon Lord, Retry! - 12 episodes length [5/10]
Given - 11 episodes length [8/10]
Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? - 12 episodes length [6/10]
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - 12 episodes length [8/10]
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord - 12 episodes length [7/10]
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 12 episodes length [6/10]

Summer 2019 Season - 7 titles:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - 9 of 13 [2 eps behind]
Cop Craft - 9 of 12 [2 eps behind]
Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? - 9 of 12 [2 eps behind]
Dr. STONE - 12 of 24 up-to-date
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II - 10 of 12 [1 ep behind]
Isekai Cheat Magician - 11 of 12 up-to-date
VINLAND SAGA - 11 of 24 up-to-date

Netflix - 2 titles:
Cannon Busters - 6 of 12 [6 eps left]
Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - 6 of 6 (6 more are coming soon)

Heaven's Lost property And with this my MVM christmas mystery box viewing is almost completed. Just Matoi left

This was was ok, I would give it a 7/10 and got some chuckles. I would check out Season 2 but um... (stares at Funimation and it's anime strangle hold) might not be anytime soon.

Magical Girl Lyrical NANOHA Episode 1-13 (Complete)
(A pretty decent series which at times reminded me of CCS. While this show starts off predicatably, it turns out being quite different from a typical magical girl series. The enemy has a deeper side to them and they aren't just the usual maniacal monster hell bent on destroying the world. In the end, this is just a sci-fantasy series that contains a very good combination of well developed characters, interesting situations and impressive magical fights. Overall this was quite enjoyable.) 3/5

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World Episode 25
A solid episode. It's going to be intriguing to see how this all ends.

Ace of Diamond: Act II episode 26 Smiles and scowls.

Black Clover episode 102 Recap and loss.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes episodes 72-76

Back