Your viewing journal

Kokkoku ep 11
I thought that the big bad
might have been stalling for time at the end of the last episode, but Juri was having none of it, but it appears her powers only weakened him as he escapes and tries to run away and regain his strength. Juri resigns herself to remaining in stasis and attempts another go at the big bad who has a unique way of regenerating.
I liked this episode more than most of the recent ones.

Killing Bites ep 10
Cool fight first half with Hitomi (AKA Ratel) revealing her true form and surprise, surprise unlike the males her true form still has human breasts or maybe that's because in the flashback in the second half it is revealed that she was born a Therianthrope rather than manufactured. Young Hitomi is cute!

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens ep 10
The final goal is revealed and all the various characters introduced over the series are involved one way or another.

Citrus ep 11
Yep as I thought from last time it's another love rival. One episode left, I hope it resolves itself well, but most of the interesting elements have been over taken by clichés.

Karakai Juozu no Takagi-san ep 11
Another step closer. Again one episode left, I hope it finishes the way I think it's going to otherwise it's a massive tease 😉

Dagashi Kashi s2 e8
Quite a funny episode this one as the Endou siblings meet Owari.

And last, but not least...
A Place Further Than the Universe ep 12 (twice)
Oh man, this absolutely slayed me 😭 I had tears in my eyes from the start, but that final scene set me off worse than that scene at the end of AnoHana!

A Place Further Than the Universe (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-4

APFTTU_-_003.png

A Place Further Than the Universe Episode 12
Another amazing episode. I was in tears at the end.
I actually thought this was the last episode, but then I saw that the finale is actually next week!

Citrus Episode 11
You know, I think Yuzu should just get over Mei and get together with Harumin. I really liked Yuzu and Sara's friendship, and I hate that the show is pitting the two against each other as rivals. Next week is the last episode, so we'll see how it goes for everyone.

Black Clover episode 24 and The "most nonchalant reaction to being abducted" award goes to...

Overlord II episode 11 Damn, never mess with Butlers.

Gantz episodes 4-21/skimmed through filler 22-26 (Complete. An intriguing concept executed decently, but with some problems. Gantz is an example of a cult classic in the sense that it's predominantly watched for the violence and risqué content. It does this well and has some impressive action setpieces, and plenty of nudity for those who like fan service.

Gantz is entertaining enough, but the lead character never really develops a likeable enough personality to care about his dilemmas, and everyone else dies without me really caring about them either. The manga develops him from where the anime should have ended-episodes 22-26 are meh-tier filler. It's a shame that Gantz never got a continuation, though maybe one day we might see one.

Overall, this was decent. It had some great episodes here and there and enjoyable action, but suffers from a lack of likeable characters to really drive forward the intriguing story that's being set up here. I recommend the manga and other adaptations, and I hear the live action films are decent enough as well.) 3.5/5 Season two would get 3/5 due to the meh filler, but overall 3.5/5

After the Rain ep1

maxresdefault.jpg
You can't just go posting Gotoh pics like that Prof, that's not a fair tactic to get people's attention.

I didn't really know what this show was, but after having looked into it to the point of being stupidly drawn into reading a thread on ANN, I now want to watch the show less than I want to personally shoot a lot of moralising armchair psychologists.

Ancient Magus Bride (Dub) Ep 20

A Place Further than the Universe (Sub) Ep 12
Bruh, This killed me emotionally inside 😭. Just trying to hold back the tears from the beginning wasn't easy. That final scene of Shirase having to accept the truth the hard way sent me over the emotional edge which also reminded me of those death scenes from Clannad. DAMN.

Caught my brother watching elfen lied so I was watching a few episodes with him, he has completed it but says he doesn't see how it's a cult classic. He hasn't been hanging around the right cults it seems...

A Place Further Than The Universe (episode 12....once)
Really liked this. The best of this season for me is between this and Yuru Camp. If this gets a second season (which I expect it will) I don't think it'll have the same tone at all, but I'm open to it.

Himouto Umuaru-Chan R (complete)
I think I like this more than some because I can relate to the character of Umaru's brother. My sister was always the same as her, to the point that I bought my nephew an Umaru-Chan cushion/pillow thing and he thinks it's his mother with a hangover so we call it his "mam cushion" now :p.

cushion.PNG

Children of The Whales (complete)
That was well bobbins :(. Didn't like the ending, but it was no worse than the beginning or the middle to be honest. I just didn't care about the characters or what was happening to them.

A Place Further Than The Universe (episode 12....once)
Really liked this. The best of this season for me is between this and Yuru Camp. If this gets a second season (which I expect it will) I don't think it'll have the same tone at all, but I'm open to it.
I really don't think it needs one to be honest, depending on the last episode. Would I like to see more of these girls? Abso-f'in-lutely, but as the English subtitle says it's A Story That Leads to the Antarctica and that's done.

That being said it seems to be popular in Japan so you never know. Maybe they go back or go somewhere else or maybe they do their own thing and it's just them catching up with each other and goofing around! I'd be down for that.

magic madoka (dub) 5- 12 (complete) -i was going to make an analysis of the episodes and kyubey but after doing my haberdashery and work last week I couldn't really be bothered, more concerned with just watching it. If your watching the series blind though, it looks like just another innocent magical girl series, albiet with the witches changing the animation in surprising and imaginative ways, then the penny drops, the series becomes more mature and it's own thing once the twist is revealed. The very end of the series, which is in place of the usual end of episode previews ends with something familiar to you once you've seen the rest, and leads onto rebellion the movie which I'll probably watch tommorrow now

The Ancient Magus' Bride eps 1-8 (sub)
I'm liking it so far. The individual stories are good and the overall plot is interesting. The relationship dynamic is nice, but he's seems more dangerous than he's letting on and she's more dangerous than she knows. I like the mystical stuff, it was funny when the Queen of the faeries tells the priest that he's an agent of a foreign god and to get lost. Yay, another Simon in anime (and they pronounce it correctly dispite being the Japanese dub which is a bit weird listening to since most of the people are British. I tried the English dub but Chise was a whiney American brat who sounded too young and Elias was also American!)
The character design/animation is a little off to me, but most of the background stuff is pretty good (although London looked fake).

Relife OVA 1-4 I've really missed this series so glad it has a conclusion. Im not a Manga reader so I can't comment on if it was rushed or missed things out. What I will say is that its one of the best character driven anime I've seen. It avoids major cliches despite being set in a high school. The ending was pretty satisfying, if you like your romance this is a fantastic show.

Space Dandy eps 1-6 I like the characters an its funny in places but its too silly for it's own good at times. I really liked episode 5 as it toned down the slapstick. I'm not sure what to make of the series as a whole yet.

I didn't really know what this show was, but after having looked into it to the point of being stupidly drawn into reading a thread on ANN, I now want to watch the show less than I want to personally shoot a lot of moralising armchair psychologists.

There certainly hasn't been anything to raise an eyebrow over thus far. I'm just puzzled by this strange alternative timeline in which Captain Gotoh manages a family restaurant.

zgxtMHr.png

There certainly hasn't been anything to raise an eyebrow over thus far. I'm just puzzled by this strange alternative timeline in which Captain Gotoh manages a family restaurant.
I'm definitely somewhat interested in watching now, it just stuck me how obsessed many comentators seemed to be about the "real world implications" and all that old balls. People were even using the word "problematic" which immediately has me grinding my teeth. Can people not just enjoy stories for what they are any more?

Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card (Dub) Episode 9
Overlord II (Dub) Episode 8
ReLIFE (Dub) Episode 1-13 (rewatch)
Overlord II (Sub) Episode 11
ReLIFE OVA (Sub) Episode 1-4

Boruto: Naruto next Generations episode 50 Damn 50 episodes already? And they wasted it on a recap episode...great.

Gintama episodes 1-8 Pretty good so far, not sure if I'll tackle this now or in the future since it's quite the undertaking and I have a sizeable backlog.

A Place Further Than The Universe episodes 1-10 decided to catch up on this before its last episode. It's very good, and the cast are likeable and have relatable issues. The end of episode 5 made me think for a bit as to why it occurred, which doesn't happen with a lot of anime I watch (I'm still conflicted tbh but the characters moved forward and the story is progressing nicely so it'll be interesting to see if they acknowledge it in the last episode.)

Last edited:
Back