Your viewing journal

Dragon Ball-Episodes 79-81

Ushio and Tora-Episodes 15-19

Glad to see the episodes becoming more cohesive as opposed to the episodic format used in early episodes.

Made in Abyss-Episode 10

Well, that was genuinely uncomfortable to watch. It's been awhile since I've seen **** hit the fan so rapidly.

@orgun It really has dated well. The animation and character designs are great, many of the plots are a clever riff on greek mythology and Shoji Kawamori's mechanical design is outstanding. There are so many little details in the Odyssey and the way everything works that gives you a sense of the ship and its technology even in throwaway parts that aren't essential to that episode's story. I love the music as well, the action theme that often plays in a lot of episodes is epic. I own the soundtrack CD and an album by a band called Parallax called "Ulysses 31 Revisited" which is basically a rock cover of the entire soundtrack. Their rendition of that track is really good.

@D1tchd1gger Yeah it's a vast improvement over the UK DVD release. unfortunately I bought those not knowing what I was letting myself in for. Not only was the visual quality bad but the music was a bit warped resulting in a "warbling" sound. On top of that each episode didn't even feature the full intro and ending which in the case of this show is a damn crime! Apparently they sourced it from the Fox Kids TV showings which had the cut down intro/outro.

As for viewing I'm still watching Armoured Trooper Votoms. In the last few days I watched episodes 22-28. Might watch a nice short OVA this weekend or a movie.

Grav finally starts watching a show from the Summer 2017 anime season! And it's...

DJPOnkmXcAAGuGI.jpg

My First Girlfriend is a Gal (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-3

Girls und Panzer Rewatch for the however-manyth time

Episodes 1-6
1/2 through Episode 7

----------------------

Started Girls und Panzer Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu!

My Hero Academia Season 2-Episode 22

Really liking this exam stuff, it's fun seeing how different heroes work together. Super happy to see Momo get some focus, she's a really underrated character.

Dragon Ball-Episodes 82 and 83 (On Hold)

Reached the end of the third season and so I'm putting it on hold until I buy the fourth. Might be a while, I've burned myself out on this a fair bit.

Ushio and Tora-Episodes 20 and 21

Oh, and since I was kinda on the fence about it and it's now been like 3 weeks, I have officially marked Touken Ranbu as dropped. That show was a whole load of nothing. I managed 8 episodes.

My Hero Academia episode 35

Lupin the Third episodes 17-23 (Complete. This was great fun, and the series has aged rather well. I'm looking forward to delving further into the Lupin franchise with part II.) 3.5/5

Lupin the Third Part II
episodes 1-4

Back