Your viewing journal

The Pilot's Love Song 8

Bloody hell

That was a massacre. Machine guns against bolt rifles? No chance. This episode was chaotic as hell and kind of clumsy, but still very involving. It always had the feeling of potential tragedy from the beginning and now that's coming true.

Then there was that blue plane. And then that letter. Wow. Looks like we're finally about to see how this links to The Princess and the Pilot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hokuto no Ken II - ep3

Well, this series certainly has one thing the first never had.

cSeOpvI.jpg

Hulk. Hogan.

Monogatari Second Season ep 7-10. Skipping ep 11 (recap episode).
Nobunaga the Fool ep 7. Impressive episode. This series is shaping up well.
The Pilot's Love Song (Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta) ep 8. The battle was more impressive in this episode than in the last (if a little inconsistent), with some real consequences for the characters (the ones that survived that is). I don't understand how a letter from an unknown civilization with an unknown language can be translated without something like a Rosetta Stone, but I'll overlook it.

Took a break from anime as I was reading my entire comic collection which covers 28 years of collecting! But now I fancy so more anime so I decided to rewatch Casshern Sins. Although the story isn't amazing, the animation is stunning, and the air of melancholoy and sadness about it makes it something special. Watched the first couple of discs.

I've been given a couple of hundred quid to spend as I see fit, after ordering some more comics I thought maybe I'd buy the anime Another. Any good?

Senran Kagura 1-2

Having played the original game intensively over the last week, I'm both impressed with how many subtle nods the anime has managed to put in (like Katsuragi sleeping with the cow pyjamas costume from the game) and how it has tried to translate things like the game's generic puppet enemies to Haruka's abilities. I am mixed on how they changed the narrative though. I can respect that the main reason was most likely to add a stronger narrative structure, but I am mixed about changes such as replacing Asuka and Homura's first meeting to Homura pretending to be lost, as opposed to her help Asuka with a mugger like in the game and introducing the Hebijo ninja one by one as they "test" Hanzo, as opposed to the game, where they only revealed themselves after luring each of the Hanzo ninja to separate locations as direct challenges. The main problem I have with the way the Hebijo were presented in these first two episodes is that it makes them feel like generic villains (especially in the case of Homura).

Also, was there any need to obscure our view of the Hebijo ninjas when the opening theme in the first episode revealed them? Speaking of opening themes, the game's was way better.

I'll continue with this series and see where the anime goes - I mean, I absolutely love the game, but this certainly is one of the more interesting adaptations of late.

Samurai Flamenco (Japanese Dub) - Episode 18

I really liked this episode. It actually made sense even if it came out of nowhere, the first half starting off like it's the final battle and confrontation while the second half concludes to have an End of Evangelion style decision.
Now we have four more episodes left and I have no idea what they could do next.

Kill la Kill (Japanese Dub) - Episode 20

Now this went into a complete role reversal. Not long now, four episodes left.

Back