Your viewing journal

PandoraHane said:
Joshawott said:
Shakugan no Shana II 8-12

Damn it Todd Haberkorn. He used his usual voice for Khamsin...which does not fit the character at all, especially considering how Khamsin is supposed to be the oldest Flame Haze. This set of episodes reminded me of just how much I missed Ogata in season 3. She was definitely my favourite female cast member in this series.

I also noticed some very visible fragments during episode 12. They were very brief; when the nominations of the costume contest were called and it was cutting to Shana standing on the school roof. It only lasted about a couple of seconds, but it was really noticeable.

I think Junko Minagawa just makes such a great Khamsin, then again I'm a little biased in that regard. She is very much my favourite seiyuu, she was always going to be hard to match. Yet sometimes I think a little more thought should be put into casting about whose voice truly fits the character, like you say. Todd for instance, great as Watanuki from xxxHolic, but his voice just isn't suited for a character like Khamsin.
Junko Minagawa's Khamsin was definitely one of my favourite castings for Shana and although season 3 wasn't the strongest story wise (because JC Staff are "amazing" at adapting light novels), one thing I could never fault it for was the casting. I absolutely despised Cathy Weseluck's Khamsin in the Ocean dub (it was the main reason I always watch season 1 subbed) so I was hoping for better from FUNimation...and nope. Todd Haberkorn was great in D.Gray-man, Ouran and Fullmetal Alchemist, but he's definitely becoming one of FUNimation's most over-used voice actors. I do also wish these "actors" would try and use some more variety once in a while.

I've also figured out what I don't like about Kent William's Alastor - his voice sounds too light. It doesn't have that deep, powerful tone that Masashi Ebara and Paul Dobson had.

Planetes ( 1 -26) I really enjoyed this, its nice to see a) a proper sci-fi series, and b) a show about adults.

Madoka ( 1-3)

Madoka on Blue-ray = £24.99
Blue-ray player £70.00
My boyfriends face when
Mami gets chomped on
at end of episode 3 = Priceless.

I've been making my way through Steins;Gate, the first new anime I've watched in a while. The otaku pandering is hard to ignore--amongst the female cast you've got the tsundere, the ditzy/on another planet one, the mature but shy one, the genki girl, and a trap, along with a generous helping of otaku humour and references--but it hardly matters because the characters are delightfully eccentric and interesting, especially the self-professed mad scientist lead. And also because the done-to-death time travelling theme is given a fresh twist, resulting in a compelling story and some great character moments.

To Love Ru Darkness 10

Anime On Demand...please do something about your subs. I'm fairly sure the Principal isn't "The most dangerous individual school".

fabricatedlunatic said:
I've been making my way through Steins;Gate, the first new anime I've watched in a while. The otaku pandering is hard to ignore--amongst the female cast you've got the tsundere, the ditzy/on another planet one, the mature but shy one, the genki girl, and a trap, along with a generous helping of otaku humour and references--but it hardly matters because the characters are delightfully eccentric and interesting, especially the self-professed mad scientist lead. And also because the done-to-death time travelling theme is given a fresh twist, resulting in a compelling story and some great character moments.

It's a great show, probably my favourite of the last couple years. I think the characters are the kind of people you get quite attached to, while they can all be put in a stereotype and are outwardly quirky I think just about all of them go beyond those templates and you see something a bit deeper and more within them.

Corra said:
Planetes ( 1 -26) I really enjoyed this, its nice to see a) a proper sci-fi series, and b) a show about adults.

Madoka ( 1-3)

Madoka on Blue-ray = £24.99
Blue-ray player £70.00
My boyfriends face when
Mami gets chomped on
at end of episode 3 = Priceless.
Should of seen my mums face whenMikami was writing the names in the death note near the the of the series it was funny her hands was over her head and her eyes looked like they was about to come out of her head, just fantastic and it was her first anime

Last edited by a moderator:
Kokoro Connect Ep.14-17

At first I thought this arc was gonna be retreading some of the same old ground, but it quickly went beyond that. The face off between Inaban/Iori was intense. It was kind of a let down, yet extremely apt that
Heartseed just vanished from their lives without us ever finding out any great detail about him, he entered and exited their lives at random
. I think the kidnapping was a bit over the top. I imagine some people on here are going to be disappointed that Taichi chose Inaban. I felt sorry for Iori, but I personally preferred
Inaban, or should I say Dereban
throughout.

Nekomonogatari: Black Ep.1

Dear God, it's good to have this series back and showing why it's better than everything else. Breast fondling and panties ahoy!

Kokoro Connect 14-17
I was really surprised by this arc. The last one was really meh, so I wasn't expecting much but...wow was I surprised. My thoughts on episode 17 can be summed up with this image though::
32665116.jpg

Also I'm going to be honest, Iori really, really pissed me off in this arc. I understand that this whole mess has been really hard on her - but she wasn't the only one going through crap. She was speaking to Inaba like she planned to interrupt her potential romance with Taichi from the beginning. Then there was the whole episode 16/17 stuff...when Iori said that "All of this is partly my fault"...no no no Iori...it was all your fault. YOU were the one who rejected that guy, YOU were the one who really rubbed Setouchi the wrong way, YOU were the one who made the Cultural Research Society the biggest target for people to get to you.

I also didn't like how she totally took the attention away from Taichi and Dereban because Iori had to be the centre of attention >>.

I absolutely adore Dereban though <3.

Here's a Tumblr post I wrote summing up my thoughts

Combat Mecha Xabungle - Episode 35

animefreak17 said:
@Orgun

well Ghost in the Shell is one of tho.......................???? wait you have a son, thats 4 people i know who has family of there own and watches anime.

Two in fact, the eldest (who got me SSS) watches quite a bit of anime, although now he's 18 we don't watch so much together anymore, the youngest is getting into some of the mecha stuff now (a chip off the old block).

Watched the first Berserk movie tonight. Not bad, but it is obviously only the opening of a bigger storyline. It's got me curious about the series aswell.

Orgun said:
Combat Mecha Xabungle - Episode 35

animefreak17 said:
@Orgun

well Ghost in the Shell is one of tho.......................???? wait you have a son, thats 4 people i know who has family of there own and watches anime.

Two in fact, the eldest (who got me SSS) watches quite a bit of anime, although now he's 18 we don't watch so much together anymore, the youngest is getting into some of the mecha stuff now (a chip off the old block).

*NICE* :thumb:

Back