Your viewing journal

Servant x Service ep 7.
Rozen Maiden (2013) ep 8. The finale is taking shape.
Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt ep 1-2. It was a mistake to watch the first ep while eating :eek:
Chihayafuru s1 ep 3-17. Watched over two days. I'm addicted to this now :thumb:
Teekyu s1 ep 7-8.

Sword Art Online, episodes 7-9.

Hallelujah! Some semblance of plot; things are starting to look up, although my socks are still firmly in place.

Joshawott said:
The pacing of the earlier episodes comes from how the story adapted the light novels. Originally, it was only a single novel that focused purely on Kirino and Asuna. However, after the success of the first novel, more were written, including side stories focusing on other things that happened during Kirino's time in Sword Art Online. When it came to making the anime, the decision was made to place those events in chronological order instead of publication order.
Yeah, I've seen this being discussed elsewhere, but it still doesn't sit right with me. From my perspective as someone who hasn't read the LNs (and probably never will), the series should have either fleshed out the gaps in the narrative with original content to help ease the audience through the side stories, or just not include them, going straight from episode 1 to 8.

My biggest gripe thus far are the characters' reactions to the situation they have all found themselves in. Apart from Asuna and Kirito's dinner time chat about the real world in episode 8, everyone appears to have forgotten they're in a game. I want to learn how players are coming to terms with their predicament, because it seems most don't give a toss that their bodies are no doubt being fed through a tube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairy Tail collection 1 eps 19-24

Very enjoyable. A fun couple of stand alone episodes then the next arc kicks off. So it ends on a cliffhanger, but as the next half season set is out on sept 2nd I can hang on, so have preordered from Amazon.

Bleach: Fade to Black - Film

I enjoyed this film, it was rather entertaining to watch. Just a simple shonen film: predictable, action scenes, you know the drill.

EDIT 23:01 24/08/2013

Scrolls to Screen: The History and Culture of Anime (via The Animatrix) - 22 Minute Documentary

Interesting documentary about how the Matrix creators were influenced by Anime and how it was used for the Animatrix shorts.

Watched Howl's Moving Castle with my family. Most of it was my step-dad asking why Sophie kept on changing back and forth....urgh, learn to pay attention.

Joshawott said:
Watched Howl's Moving Castle with my family. Most of it was my step-dad asking why Sophie kept on changing back and forth....urgh, learn to pay attention.

actually i always woundered that my self, iv watched it 4 times and i still dont get it

animefreak17 said:
Joshawott said:

actually i always woundered that my self, iv watched it 4 times and i still dont get it
The Wicked Witch Of The Waste's curse could not be broken by her because the only way it can is through love. The constant transforming between her actual and older selves is tied directly to Sophie's feelings - she appears younger when she feels closer to Howl or when she sleeps, but older otherwise.

I think.

Sword Art Online, episode 10-12.

And we go from slightly better to worse.

Just everything about this show and its characters grates on my nerves. I really want to like it or, at least, find some faint glimmer of enjoyment I can latch on to. With each new episode I see promises of better story-telling, development of SAO's main story arc, but none of them are ever delivered to their full extent. Forced emotional developments, more character-cum-cannon fodder.

These three episodes - especially 10 - mark a major stepping stone in Asuna and Kirito's relationship, but unfortunately that is ruined by past episodes' rather patchy and ill-paced nature. It all seems forced. Not to mention episode 12's easily guessed revelation that Yui is, indeed, an AI, who apparently sucks at her job of monitoring the players' mental health. Really, out of all the players left, only Asuna and Kirito seem to be at ease with the situation? Well, knock me down with half a dozen bear arses - this is an MMO, after all - the 11 other previous episodes must have all been a lie.

Something positive: Credit where credit is due, episode 12 did negate some of my previous post's criticisms. And the inclusion of the side stories is beginning to make more sense, although I still think they were treated cack-handedly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dragonball season 2, disc 1

A couple of filler episodes then the next big arc kicks off: The Red Ribbon Army one. They are also searching for the Dragonballs. Most of this disc involves Goku climbing a Game Of Death style tower.

Watched about 10 mins of Madox 01 before turning it off. Not good at all and I hated the character designs they looked so cheap.

Blasted through a load of stuff over the last few days:

One Piece Ep.609
Attack On Titan Ep.20
Monogatari S2 Ep.8
Berserk Movie 1
Mardock Scramble 2nd Combustion

Jounrey To Agartha

Quite a bit more violent/darker than I expected it to be

Gintama The Movie

The dub cast was okay, but could've been better. Not as funny as I'd have liked.

King Of Thorn

Had this on basically as background noise, but oh my God what is with the accents in the dub? Just dreadful stuff.

Loups=Garous

Had to turn this off because even with only about 40 mins left I had absolutely no idea what the hell was going on and why. People are being killed because they draw??

Majestic Prince - Episode 20

The last few episodes have been pretty decent, MP might just end up dragging itself from mediocre to average in my estimation.

Back