Your viewing journal

To Love Ru Darkness 12

Wow...the white bar of light even blocked out Momo suggestively eating a melting ice cream suggestively...
Like with the manga, I am loving the character development this series has compared to previous though. Momo <3.

But what...is this the end of the anime series? Seriously? Are they just going to leave everything, like Master out of the anime? As well as leaving out the majority of Mea's development and the resolution to the "weapon" thing? So what was the point of adapting To Love Ru Darkness if it ends so prematurely into the series? What the serious feck? I thought they would have at least went for a 24-26 episode series with an anime-only ending like the first season did.

That's actually really pissed me off...hopefully it gets a season 2 announced soon.

Combat Mecha Xabungle - Episode 42

A great mix of comedy and drama but at this stage of the series it does feel rather drawn out at times.

Been watching Demon King Daimao. Up to Episode 5.

Now this has an interesting setup. Akuto Sai transfers to a Magical Academy and is then told that his future occupation is a Demon King. Naturally everyone, include the girl he has just made friends with, fears him immensely. Sadly everything he tries to do through his actions or discourse is misinterpreted and taken by the students as exactly how the last Demon King rose to power.

The setup is great, but the Ecchi angle spoils it. There's some humorous scenes, but sometimes things feel a little put on.

Episodes 199-203 of Katekyo Hitman Reborn. Have to say, by the end I really loved it and I've become a fan. I really got invested in the story and characters. Tsuna is more of a realistic main character to me than other shows I've seen. Kind of sad I'm finished now. :( It's one of these shows that you really have to stick it out to see how great it can be. Only wish the manga had continued in english, after this I would be buying it.

Robotic;Notes Ep.12
Sasami-san@Unmotivated Ep.1

Kotoura-san Ep.1

There's no way this show can live up to that amazing first 10 minutes, though it's obviously going a much cheerier route from here on in.

Lupin III: A Woman Called Fujiko Mine ep13 [end]

Ahah. Ahaha. Hah, oh god...

It's canon with series one. That's actually brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tamako Market.

Erm...what? This was hilarious but...odd. Even for my taste xD (Also, Tamako looks like Mio with her hair typed up, while her sister looks a lot like Azusa. Had to be said).

Denpa Onna - Ep 1
Psycho Pass - Ep 12
SAO - Ep 25
K - Ep 13
Sakurasou - Ep 13
Robotics;Notes - Eps 2-3

This new season looks pretty meh. Nothing has really stood out as a must watch show.
I'll probably do what I do most seasons and just read the general reactions to shows on /a/, and watch anything which looks mildly interesting.

I'll most likely try Tamako Market at some point to replace Chuunibyou and Replace K with Robotics;Notes, but other than that, it's a good thing half the shows I am watching are ongoing (Sakurasou/Little Busters/Psycho Pass).

Mayo Chiki 9-13 - Pretty fun, nice to see a show like this with some progress made and the fact the most of the cast think 1 girl is a guy adds a new twist to what could of been very standard.

Shana Movie - Was ok, voice acting seemed to be in a better place compared to season 2 but the fact it was a retelling of the opening arc left me with mixxed feelings. It was part new animation part lifted from S1 and I assume it followed the novel closer as I do recall the Manga playing out similarly (been a while since I read vol 1-3)

Rosencrantz said:
Shana Movie - Was ok, voice acting seemed to be in a better place compared to season 2 but the fact it was a retelling of the opening arc left me with mixxed feelings. It was part new animation part lifted from S1 and I assume it followed the novel closer as I do recall the Manga playing out similarly (been a while since I read vol 1-3)
I've heard that the movie adapts the first novel better (which is the main reason I want to see it. The anime butchered the first 2 novels), but then I saw Margery Daw on the movie poster :S.

Waiting until I get paid so I can buy the movie.....urgh....

Joshawott said:
Rosencrantz said:
I've heard that the movie adapts the first novel better (which is the main reason I want to see it. The anime butchered the first 2 novels), but then I saw Margery Daw on the movie poster :S.

Waiting until I get paid so I can buy the movie.....urgh....

Quite honestly Margery was not needed, there was no fight between the two of them and she performed no key story actions, she was basically just in it. Wirhelmina pops up a couple of times too but at least they were subtle doing it.

Back