Your viewing journal

Rosencrantz said:
Joshawott said:
Rosencrantz said:
Shana Movie - Was ok, voice acting seemed to be in a better place compared to season 2 but the fact it was a retelling of the opening arc left me with mixxed feelings. It was part new animation part lifted from S1 and I assume it followed the novel closer as I do recall the Manga playing out similarly (been a while since I read vol 1-3)
I've heard that the movie adapts the first novel better (which is the main reason I want to see it. The anime butchered the first 2 novels), but then I saw Margery Daw on the movie poster :S.

Waiting until I get paid so I can buy the movie.....urgh....

Quite honestly Margery was not needed, there was no fight between the two of them and she performed no key story actions, she was basically just in it. Wirhelmina pops up a couple of times too but at least they were subtle doing it.
So Margery and Wirhelmina were just added in there for the sake of being in the movie? Because obviously, they don't appear at all in the first light novel.

Joshawott said:
So Margery and Wirhelmina were just added in there for the sake of being in the movie? Because obviously, they don't appear at all in the first light novel.

Yep I'd agree with that, they are in it for the sake of having them in it

On another note

Baka & Test S2 1-7

Well at long last the fansubs of Yawara has finally been finished :D ,so i,m going back to the start of this classic and gonna re-watch it from the start,episodes 1-15 are on the cards for today,i forgot how damn amazing and how much hard work Animeigo put into the first boxset,it was a real shame they could not release the rest,but still well pleased that the fansubs finally got completed and i can finally see all of this classic series.

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien/Rumbling Hearts 1-14

I should have watched this sooner, little depressing at times but sort of like a train wreck that you can't look away from. Great stuff.

Inferno Cop 4

I usually dislike these shorts but the ridiculousness of it keeps me watching each week

KyoAni binge.

Tamako Market 1. Well, I was not expecting that! A lot of fun though.
Chuunibyou 1-12. I didn't realise how similar it was to Haruhi Suzumiya in a lot of ways. I thought the romance was sweet as well. I like the balance of comedy and serious too.

Combat Mecha Xabungle - Episodes 45 & 46

It will be interesting to see how this going to end, there are some obvious loose ends but it hasn't really built up to much as yet.

Space Brothers - Episode 40

Continues to be an amazing series.

Back