Your viewing journal

Ok folks it's time for the big one

Death note disc 1

Tomorrow

Ok guys I might watch this with my mom tomorrow ep1 but I'm not sure I showed my mom the case and she said it looks interesting but I'm not sure, I mean she said she,ll watch it with me but you know how there are some weird or awkward moments in a anime that makes you say thank god no ones watching this with me that's not a fan. Should I worry?

I might watch it before watching it with my mam SOOO yeah.
What do you guys think

So far this week:
Rewatched Accel World 1+2
Baka and Test 1-13 + Specials
Gurren Lagann 19-27 (Why the hell did I put this off for so long???)
Samurai Champloo 24-26
Steins;Gate 8-12

animefreak17 said:

Death note disc 1

Tomorrow

Ok guys I might watch this with my mom tomorrow ep1 but I'm not sure I showed my mom the case and she said it looks interesting but I'm not sure, I mean she said she,ll watch it with me but you know how there are some weird or awkward moments in a anime that makes you say thank god no ones watching this with me that's not a fan. Should I worry?

What do you guys think
Eh, Death Note was one of the first anime I watched, (Haruhi was my first), and IMO it's good for one watch and one watch only.
It's good, but personally I think it's overrated and has a bad eng dub, but that's just my opinion so feel free to ignore and/or disagree.
As for awkward moments... I don't really remember anything TBH, sorry.

animefreak17 said:

Death note disc 1

Tomorrow

What do you guys think

This might help

hey dont tell me whats going to happen

put your self in my shoes and ask your self would you watch death note with your mother who

likes walking dead, supernatural, teen wolf, crime dramas,

AF17: It's a Shounen Jump series so there's no extreme fanservice in it of the kind that might concern you. It's one of the more mainstream geeky titles out there as most of the characters are reasonably normal people, setting aside the supernatural powers at work, so I think if your mum doesn't mind the sinister premise she might get a kick out of it. I know a lot of people who aren't that keen on anime in general who really enjoyed Death Note.

R

20thCenturyBoy said:

Say I Love You Ep.2

This show is moving things along briskly to say the least. Everyone's being quite brutally honest as well, none of this being coy stuff. Might actually get a show that deals with people being togetherfor a change rather than a will-they-won't-they up until the dying seconds of the last episode. The kissing was coming across a bit rapey at the end though.

Sorry, I've done a wee bit of time travelling here, but I agree with what you've wrote. I think this is why I've been enjoying the four episodes I've seen thus far. There seems to have been a distinct lack of the formulaic beating around the bush and coyness that so often plagues these anime school romance dramas. And at the same time the characters feel relatively grounded so far, with none too much of the unintelligible madness that often has me scratching my head or shouting at the screen. I hope it will keep it up, and as you said, actually explore the relationship as opposed to just continually throwing artificial spanners into the works, for the sake of pissing me off.

Rui said:
AF17: It's a Shounen Jump series so there's no extreme fanservice in it of the kind that might concern you. It's one of the more mainstream geeky titles out there as most of the characters are reasonably normal people, setting aside the supernatural powers at work, so I think if your mum doesn't mind the sinister premise she might get a kick out of it. I know a lot of people who aren't that keen on anime in general who really enjoyed Death Note.

R

thank you RUI.

its only going to be the first episode anyway, i said if she didn't like the first episode il stop it from there

Mangaranga said:
Eh, Death Note was one of the first anime I watched, (Haruhi was my first), and IMO it's good for one watch and one watch only.It's good, but personally I think it's overrated and has a bad eng dub, but that's just my opinion so feel free to ignore and/or disagree.As for awkward moments... I don't really remember anything TBH, sorry.

Lies. He's going to take that potato chip...AND EAT IT!! :lol:

I personally loved the dub, but as you say, your own opinion, that's cool.

vashdaman said:
Say "I love you" ep 1-4

I'm actually really enjoying this so far. I only started it on a whim really, so I'm pleasantly surprised that it's not making me constantly cringe as I feared it might. But this is proper shojo. My manly pride is now at an all time low.

Great to see someone else on board with this show, it's really good. I love good, proper dramatic shojo and this show has it in spades, it's like Kimi no Todoke except the male lead here isn't quite so perfect. You need a show like this to balance out your Manliness Meter, otherwise you'd be far too manly and would likely explode from all your awesome bulging muscles and facial hair.

Medaka Box Abnormal Ep.4

K Ep.5

Mamurou Miyano and a lovely panty shot, what more could you want?

Btooom! Ep.5

:D Another panty shot, hooray!

death note episode 1 watching with mum

she said she likes it and want to watch it the next episode tomorrow night, she said the shimigami looked weird and asked why they looked different and i said maybe because each of them are representatives from each culture and religion.

me i thought it was awesome i have to watch it again when im finished

Lupin III: Farewell to Nostradamus (1995)

I've wanted to see this one ever since Auntie Helen gave it a good write-up in the Anime Movie Guide, but alas it was rather disappointing. There are plenty of impressive set-pieces, but the story that ties them together is loose and poorly scripted. I'm actually curious to go back and look at the dub for this one - were it liberally re-written, it might actually improve matters somewhat. Expect a longer review soon.

Tenchi Muyo OVA eps. 1-6

(There be some mild spoilers herein. I'm assuming everyone who wanted to watch Tenchi already has, but I'll edit if necessary.)

Oh, nostalgia, you have betrayed me once again. This was one of the first anime I truly loved, but almost two decades on I find it doesn't have whole lot to offer beyond nostalgia value and some really nice design work and music.

The first episode is excellent, mind, showing Tenchi's rebellious side for the first and only time before he became the prototypical bland harem lead. We also see Ryoko at her mischievous, destructive best as she pursues Tenchi through the school. Her character took a massive hit when, in episode 5, she claimed to have watched over Tenchi since he was a child, desiring nothing more than to be by his side. I much prefer the Ryoko who tried to kill him 4 episodes earlier.

And then a one-dimensional bad guy, from whom even the great Norio Wakamoto cannot salvage anything, comes out of nowhere and stinks the place up. The comedy, of which there wasn't much to begin with in all honesty, goes bye-bye for nearly two whole episodes.

I'll probably watch the second OVA just to confirm that it is the inferior retread I've always considered it to be, and that should be more than enough to convince me to scratch the upcoming Blu-ray set off my "to buy" list.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Tenchi Muyo OVA eps. 1-6

Heh, I really don't think I could go back to Tenchi at all now - certainly not with a straight face... Even a few years after the initial release, I remember rewatching it and seriously questioning what exactly I saw in it the first time round. Looking back, I kind of wonder if it was possibly just the first harem show to come out here officially; its popularity greatly helped by our lack of familiarity.

I do agree about that first episode though. Other than the snes RPG (surprisingly good fun), I think that was probably the best thing to come out of the franchise.

Back