Your viewing journal

Orgun said:
Star Knight Tekkaman Blade II - Episode 1

Standard ditzy girl becomes superhero fare so far, not sure if I like the change in direction compared to the TV series.

From memory (which is admittedly vague) Tekkaman II is slightly darker later than I. I also seem to remember the events of I have not left Blade himself in a good state.

Pokémon the Movie: The Rise of Darkrai

I'm the pretty diehard Pokémon fan and even I think this movie is absolutely terrible. Definitely my least favourite of all the movies.

Star Knight Tekkaman Blade II - Episode 2

That was a much, much better episode.

alexrose1uk said:
From memory (which is admittedly vague) Tekkaman II is slightly darker later than I. I also seem to remember the events of I have not left Blade himself in a good state.

Blade was wheelchair bound at the end of the TV series but here he hardly features so far other than a mysterious bloke walking around in a yuppie suit and shades. Based on Aki's actions in this episode I can see it getting quite dark.[/b]

bleach season 5 disc 4 and FMA disc 12 tomorrow

i feel they rushed the end of the series a bit they could of added 10 more episodes to had more tension but still FMA is awesome.

we get alot or rushed endings in anime but with FMA i feel it could of been a lil longer then a rush job. but still FMA is awesome

Orgun said:
Blade was wheelchair bound at the end of the TV series but here he hardly features so far other than a mysterious bloke walking around in a yuppie suit and shades. Based on Aki's actions in this episode I can see it getting quite dark.

Yeah I couldn't remember if you saw that at the end of the first season or not, it's been something like 7 years since I've seen the show, as realistically, along with Gundam Wing, it was one of the first shows I saw (my ex had wanted me to get hold of it) and WAY before I actually got into anime.

That's partially why I've picked up the first season as it was on RightStuf's sale, as I felt like some nostalgia :D

Enjoy. I don't remember season 2 as well as season 1 really, so I look forward to seeing what you think by the end. I seem to remember I was intially put off by some of the new cast etc as well, but its all very blurry in my memory now, been too long :)

Horizon e.12 - The Toori/Horizon conversation dragged on a tiny bit, but overall the conclusion to this first section of the series is playing out pretty well.

Penguindrum e.19 - Catching back up with this in time for the end, Masako is really coming into her own, but Sanetoshi is still my favorite character.

Gosick... Gos... ick? Go... sick? Gothic? Up to episode 6.

First episode was dull and obvious, but things really picked up thereafter. Sometimes it veers into explaining a little too much, but it sustains interest. Nice setting and period, too.

Shakugan no Shana III -FINAL- 12
Wow...Shana sure did kick ass in the last scene. Shana may still have the body of a child...but bloody hell she's matured a lot.

Mirai Nikki e.11 - Ninth really is the most fun, and at this point Yukkii should just go the whole hog on his "convince Yuno I'm actually hot for her" plan.

Gundam AGE e.11 - Felt like they squeezed about six episodes worth of Sunrise meandering into one this week, the pacing has been one of the worst aspects of the show so far. Yay for Yurin winning, though.

Bakuman. s.2 e.12 - Iwase's return should be good impetus for a few episodes at least, also scenes between her and Aoki-jou are about as sploodge worthy as this series could possibly get.

Re-watched S1 of Spice & Wolf so that I can move seamlessly onto S2 over the holidays. I'm pleased to report that I enjoyed the second viewing just as much as the first, which is perhaps slightly surprising given that I was just as confused about the economics. I still can't make head nor (wolf) tail of that coin-collecting business in the first arc.

But the writing and characterisation are so good that it doesn't matter. I just love the show.

Max Takeshi said:

Having recently seen the last few episodes of it myself, I'd say it's definitely worth sticking with it - I was quite pleasantly surprised. Gosick has its fair share of teeth-clenching cliches, and it would be nice if the rest of the artwork matched the art nouveau vibe of the opening, but it feels like they were definitely trying to do something a bit different with the show.

Finished some stuff:

Spice and Wolf s2

I think the outstanding first season was stronger, but this was still very worthy and a lovely show. If they ever make more, I'll buy more.

OreImo

I liked this a lot too, though there was a criminal lack of Saori. Kuroneko remained wonderful.

Koihime Musou s1 (and OAV)

For some reason it took me ages to get around to finishing the TV series. The OAV was fabulous though, significantly more fun due to ramping up the craziness and not just being about Chouhi complaining for ages. The fake Ryuubi guy in the last few episodes of the TV show was weirdly hot. With the barebones release and the subtitles which had plainly never been proofread by any kind of native English speaker, it felt almost like a bootleg release.

Mazinkaiser SKL ep1

I don't really know what happened, but it was nonstop awesome, whatever it was.

Sora no Otoshimono ep1-2

I'd sort of ignored this show when it was coming out as the characters looked a bit ditzy and nobody seemed to have anything much to say about it other than "panties" (rarely a positive sign), but then I saw the catchy OP performed live. After looking up the (joke) OP for the second series which had just started, it became immediately apparent that this show's sense of humour was right up my street. The Funimation release seems really nice, especially after the cheapness of Sentai's Koihime Musou set. There is nothing particularly unique about the show itself, but its mean-spirited humour is great and I'm going to enjoy the rest. It feels like a take on stuff like Ah My Goddess for people who didn't actually like Ah My Goddess, or perhaps a less mediocre DearS.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Professor Irony said:
Max Takeshi said:

Having recently seen the last few episodes of it myself, I'd say it's definitely worth sticking with it - I was quite pleasantly surprised. Gosick has its fair share of teeth-clenching cliches, and it would be nice if the rest of the artwork matched the art nouveau vibe of the opening, but it feels like they were definitely trying to do something a bit different with the show.

Now finished up to episode 8 and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Only thing so far is that Kujou can be so infuriating. That and the end of episode 8 felt like the end of the series... the artwork, the music and the story closure. Was odd.

just finished FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST series
FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST THE MOVIE tonight and i will watch the OVAs too
tomorrow il start FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD disc 1
and watch bleach season 6 disc 1 and after that i might watch eden of the east in one night both series and movies but it depends

Back