Your viewing journal

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 3

So this is for kids? So why was Commander Bruzar bleeding so much? But bloody hell did he hang in there xD

Also, Yurin is so proving to be the most interesting part of the series for me so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alice said:
I may look more into the manga - I only own the first 5 volumes but I'm very curious to see how it continues. Has there been any recent news on when it will resume or is it still on hold for the indefinite future?

Sadly the manga still seems to be stuck in limbo :(

If there is a miracle and Yazawa Ai is able to pick it up again, I think there'll be a lot of rejoicing. It was right at the height of its hype when it stopped.

R

Taka88 said:
Do you think I will like ghost in the shell movie ? I heard many people say it is confused story.

It's not that confusing really, IMO the series is more confusing and both are only confusing in the "you need to pay attention" sense, rather than actually being especially complicated.

vashdaman said:
I can't help Prof Irony on Un Go.

Eh, I feel like it could go either way at the moment. I would agree that the cases have been difficult to follow thus far though - would be interesting to know what length the individual stories they're adapting actually are.

Speaking of things that could go either way, I finally got around to

Guilty Crown ep1

I definitely enjoyed it more than I thought I would, based on the trailer. It's lovely to look at (possibly not so much the design of the main character; he has the face of Yui from K-On) and the plot does have potential but I dunno... I'd like to see them do something more inventive with the story before I commit myself.

And Freud would have a field-day with the way Shu acquires his weaponry.

I actually seem to have had a sudden change of heart over Un Go, Well in regard to the second episode anyway. You see my stream stopped before the last ten minutes. Now that I have just watched that last ten minutes I now think it was actually a rather decent episode and a much better then the first. I don't really know why but I think the ending was rather good, it wasn't anything to do with the revelation of who the killer was (that was the pretty blatant choice, wasn't it?) but yeah I thought it ended OK, and I'm interested in the seemingly corrupt chairman guy(the one always on the computer) and his crew that are foiling the "defeated" detectives hard work.
Also I'm strangely turned on by transformed Inga, you know she'd get kinky with you!

Anyway back to the Persona 4 anime for me! Oh how I've missed you P4. It is essentially an exact carbon copy so far (I've only seen the first ep) of the game (even the same glorious music). Still I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. Its still got a little bit of that special P4 charm. Although it is simultaneously reminding me of the trauma P4's grinding did to my psyche, and how when I was playing it I became obsessed with trying to mack all the female members of the team (I had just split from girlfriend and had way too much time for P4 on my hands...).

Oh how I wish my school days were like my P4 characters filled with killing demons and macking multiple beanies on the side, instead of truancy and well...truancy.

Watched the first two episodes of Usagi Drops. Brilliant. Its funny, sweet and clever. The animation and art direction in particular are exceptional.

How have I not heard of this until now? Very pleasant surprise.

Rui said:
Sadly the manga still seems to be stuck in limbo :(

If there is a miracle and Yazawa Ai is able to pick it up again, I think there'll be a lot of rejoicing. It was right at the height of its hype when it stopped.

R

Oh, that's really sad. We can only wait and hope, I suppose!

Paradise Kiss: 3 - 7

I'm going to be sad when I finish this too! It's a shame it's only 12 episodes long. Yazawa Ai creates amazing characters. I'm a tiny bit in love with the opening theme as well, haha.

Lawrence said:
vashdaman said:
Watched the first two episodes of Usagi Drops. Brilliant. Its funny, sweet and clever. The animation and art direction in particular are exceptional.

Sad to say, the anime doesn't adapt the full series, or so I am told.
Some would say "happy to say...".

ilmaestro said:
Lawrence said:
vashdaman said:

Sad to say, the anime doesn't adapt the full series, or so I am told.
Some would say "happy to say...".
Yeeeeeaaaaah....when I looked up the manga ending *shudders*.

EDIT:

Un-Go 2

Okay...I'm confused. Can someone explain the actual outcome of the case? Because...confusing.

Sengoku Basara 1-2

Cardboard cut-out characters fight one another in the most OTT manner imaginable. It's almost as if Sengoku Basara is based on a video game or something... oh wait. I have no idea what the hell is going on here but it's reasonably entertaining in a switch-off-brain-enjoy-flashy-animation kinda way. Credit to I.G. for going balls-out with the self consciously outrageous action and cheesy dialogue.

Only problem is that, so far, it's been a bit of a sausage fest; there's only one female character who's had any screen time as yet, and she spent most of that screen time desperately trying to contain a heaving bosom within scant clothing and blushing at the attention of her boss. Women, know your place.

Just finished watching Fortune Arterial.

Kind of enjoyed it, alright... DID enjoy it. Was nothing spectacular, and needed to be longer. The 'Arterial' of the title made things different to the usual H-game adaptation fare.

Kaiji 2 - eps 23-26

And so it ends. I was reasonably happy with how it ended and despite going on for a bit too long the Bog ended on a high. I don't know if I was just noticing it more but the soundtrack started to really stand out towards the end. Before I felt it wasn't as good as Kaiji 1's but now I have my doubts.

I still wish I could remember what episode of Nana I was on. All this talk of Nana lately reminded me of how much I was enjoying it before I had to stop watching. I might start again from the beginning but at 47 episodes that's quite daunting.

Back