Your viewing journal

The Boy and the Heron. First visit to the cinema since I watched (cringing) the first Hobbit film). 30 minutes of (unskippable) ads and promos, everyone around me making munching noises and the girl in front wandering in and out every 15 minutes, then asking her friend what she'd missed .... yeah, I don't know why I stopped going either. I enjoyed it but
did I miss the bit where the heron tells us who he is and what he has to do with the family?

Dead Mount Death Play (Japanese audio) - Episodes 17-20
Frieren: Beyond Journey's End (Japanese audio) - Episodes 13-16
MF Ghost (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-12 (Completed)

The Slime Diaries
A fun spinoff to That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. Compared to the relatively dark turns the main show took in its second season The Slime Diaries instead focuses more on the more comedic everyday life of Rimuru's city.

The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You
A series as delightfully unhinged as its ridiculous title. Rentaro and his harem are fun to watch with great takes on the usual character archetypes. Looking forward to seeing what wacky girls join the harem in season 2.

With a lot of seasonal stuff being wrapped up I'm gonna scale back on seasonals in January and focus more on the backlog. I've already made a start on the following series.
Gunslinger Girls
Berserk
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Adachi and Shimamura
NieA_7

Heaven’s Official Blessing Season 2 episode 9 Easy target.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 3 episode 13 Shooting Star. (Complete. An emotional third season that was a great continuation of this franchise.) 4/5

Kiddy GiRL-AND
episodes 4-24 (Complete. A very different series to its predecessor, and one that wasn’t as entertaining overall.) 2.5/5

Beast Tamer
Episodes 8-13
Good fun. Cat, dragon, fairies and now a fox. Only 3 tails. I prefer a nine tailed fox

My Dress Up Darling
Episodes 7-9
Disgusting, I'm only watching to note down all the scenes that should get cut when the BBFC give it a second look.

Attachments

• 462244-tamamo_06.jpg
    462244-tamamo_06.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Sgt Frog episodes 131-141: So much silliness. so much Gundam. I think I'm falling in love with Natsumi and Fuyuki's mum. But I worry that were well over a hundred episodes in and no-one has asked about their dad. Maybe shes a Black Widow?

Haruchika episodes 1-9: I'm loving this combination of high school band and solving mysteries (some quite sad ones). Great way to introduce each member of the band, too. Sadly, the music is taking a back seat to all the action, but the characters are all well formed and entertaining.

Haruchika episodes 1-9: I'm loving this combination of high school band and solving mysteries (some quite sad ones). Great way to introduce each member of the band, too. Sadly, the music is taking a back seat to all the action, but the characters are all well formed and entertaining.

Watched this years back and always found it an underrated show, wish more people would check it out. Want to give it a re-watch sometime.

shangrila-frontier-shangri-la-frontier.gif

The Faraway Paladin: The Lord of the Rust Mountains (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-4
Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episode 23 (Completed)
Shangri-La Frontier (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-8

Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season episode 47 Aftermath. (Complete. A strong second season with superb animation and an unrelenting second half.) 4/5

Killing Bites
episodes 1-12 (Complete. Trashy but fairly entertaining.) 3/5

Kimi ni Todoke: From me to You
episodes 1-9

Last edited:
Pokemon Concierge (English) - Episode 1 - 4 (Complete)

This was an adorable stop-motion Pokemon series, a very relaxing, easy watch. They put a lot of effort into this as the characters (people and Pokemon) and the sets look lovely in this style. Hope Pokemon delves into more of this, be it a continuation or a brand new project. Isn't long either so would recommend, even if you're not big into Pokemon, prior knowledge isn't needed.

Jujutsu Kaisen (Season 2) (Japanese) - Episode 47 (Complete)

This was another great season and though I know a lot of people are a fan of this arc and don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it and it had some great scenes (especially near the end) I honestly feel I prefer season one, this wasn't grabbing me as much personally.

Tokyo Revengers: Tenjiku-hen (Japanese) - Episode 46 - 50 (Complete)

I continue to enjoy this show a lot and though a lot of character motivations are downright silly for what actions they end up commiting, I'm still having a good time with it. I did think this was going to be the final season but with how it ended, there seems to be more, I assume a fourth season will be announced soon enough.

To go on a bit of a tangent though as this isn't a problem with the show but I really dislike how Disney+ present their subtitles and that for English they only have English [CC]. Isn't the end of the world but I wish they had the option for regular subs which had a nicer look to them. For context I am watching via the PS5 app so if it is different on other devices then let me know.

Pluto (English) - Episode 5 - 6

Glasslip episodes 4-13: perfectly ordinary middle/high school crossed lovers romance drama ruined by some silly and pointless mystery about a psychic power and the "new boy" in town. Looked pretty.

Back