Your viewing journal

Attack on Titan: The Final Season THE FINAL CHAPTERS (Japanese audio) - Special 2 (Completed)

And so this series is now done. 10 years and each season had gotten better. I knew the ending was very mixed amongst the community but I was also fortunate to not even know about how it turns out, and after watching this I honestly didn't hate it either. I suppose one section you could say is a bit silly (the chat between Armin & Eren and then forgetting about it due to Eren's power) but I didn't hate the turnout overall. Made perfect sense to go in that direction because keeping Eren alive would have made for a worse ending in my opinion.

Overall a solid series from start to finish.

Under Ninja ep5

16-Bit Sensation ep5

Finding myself starting to second guess where this might be headed (the fact that there’s a game which would take Konoha back to the earliest point in the timeline seems like a strong hint) but it’s still a charming little series.

Lupin III: Part 2 ep53-54 (English dub)

54 was the strongest episode in quite a while, pitting Lupin against Detective Hanshichi, the protagonist of popular early Japanese crime novels, here rendered as washed-up has-been on the verge of retirement, but still a figure of hero worship for Zenigata. I think it just gets everything right; the story has some complexity to it, there’s a good dynamic between the characters and plenty of action.

Komada - A Whisky Family

A very gentle drama about a young woman trying to keep her family’s distillery afloat, this is a good looking and elegant film, but I think its grounded nature and low stakes may frustrate anyone hoping for the same sort of energy as Shirobako - it definitely feels as if this is pitched at an older audience. If the subject matter appeals to you though, it’s well worth a look; it captures the distillation process in loving detail that I think would have been hard to achieve in live-action.

Lots of non-anime stuff and some rewatching of old favourites.

To Loveru Motto episodes 1-9: Starting to get really fed up with the recurring plotlines and Yuuki's terrified prude reaction to partial/full nudity. The most irritating thing about this series is that it appears to be completely out of order. Lala's two sisters appear as a regular part of the house, with no explanation or introduction, in the first episodes then disappear. THEN, in the last chapter of episode four, they escape from home and arrive on earth to move in. Also there is a little girl creature living in the house. No idea who/what or why she is there. I will continue to grit my teeth and get to the end of the collection (maybe), but I doubt it'll be staying on my shelves.

Attack on Titan: Final Episode of the Final Part of the Final Season
To you, 10 years in the past, here's the end of Attack on Titan at last. In many ways, this was what the ending had to be, at least from the point Eren unleashed the rumbling onwards. There was no going back after that. Likewise, Mikasa and Armin had to be the ones to kill him, since they least wanted to do so.

The main thing that shook me about this ending is how it stayed the course in its brutal nihilism about human nature. Lasting peace can't be bought with blood, even if you drown 80% of the world in it. No war can end all wars; it only plants the seed of the next one. Eren achieved what he intended, to free his friends and his people from the tyranny of the mainland, but as a person whose only remarkable trait was his anger, he could only achieve that end through the genocidal path the Attack Titan's foresight laid out for him. Consequently, he didn't stop the pendulum of violence and hate, he just swung it far out to one side, only for it to swing back the other way and see Paradis destroyed generations later. Removing the power of the titans ultimately changed nothing, since they were only ever one weapon among many. There will always be another excuse to kill, another weapon, and another unwitting child granted the power to use it without the wisdom not to.

Or, to put it another way:

I Shall Survive Using Potions! (English Dub) Episode 3

Spy x Family Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 28

Attack on Titan: The Final Season - The Final Chapters Special 1 & 2 Journey's End. (Complete. As others have stated already, AoT manga and anime endings left many within the AoT community with mixed feelings (myself included). Setting that aside, As a series as a whole, this for me has been one hell of a ride these past 10 years and a solid watch from start to finish.) 3/5

Talentless Nana
Episodes 10-13
I thought I'd got to the point where these endings didn't annoy me. Obviously not.
Still an enjoyable watch.
Edit. I wanted to mention that I went into this show without much research. I actually thought it was a typical I'm going to get stronger to save the world and not let down the team type of shows. So I was surprised to find that it was more murder mystery detective. I think it's reasonable to describe it like that.

Baldr Force Exe
Episodes 1+2
It was cheap so giving it a go.
Edit. It's short so finished all 4 episodes. Fast paced, some might say too fast but I wouldn't.

Last edited:
BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War (English Dub) Episode 26 (Complete... for now.)

Berserk of Gluttony Episode 6 Another sinner.

Overtake! Episode 6 Slip n slide.

The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, REALLY Love You Episode 5 Date.

The Family Circumstances of the Irregular Witch Episode 7 Crude cookies.

Dark Gathering episode 18 Well-fed.

MF Ghost episode 6 Eurobeat intensifies.

One Piece episode 1082 Seafloor secret.

Overtake! episode 6 Traction.

Shangri-La Frontier episode 6 High-level.

THE IDOLM@STER Million Live! episode 5 Streaming.

Haven't you Heard? I'm Sakamoto! episodes 1-12 & Special (Complete. This was a reasonably entertaining comedy, but it falls into the “unlikely to rewatch” category unlike other comedic anime.) 3/5

Heart and Yummie (Film)
A solid film, if a bit predictable - the included shorts were neat too. There’s another film in the Discotek that I’ll watch further down the line. 3/5

Heaven’s Official Blessing
episode 1

The Concierge
This was really fun. Light, funny and filled with shenanigans. it does feel like several small set pieces or chapters that get connected together, eventually leading to an ending that works out just alright, but since its not all that long anyway, not too much to complain about for how entertaining it is.

Phoenix: Reminiscence of Flower & Phoenix: Eden17 - Episode 4
Having skipped out on this till now, the film version is the first viewing of it for me and its decent sci-fi fare, even if it simultaneously feels like it throws a bunch of stuff in its latter half out and also a bit underbaked with said elements, perhaps because of its source material being heavily adapted and changed to fit the run time, though I am mostly unfamiliar with it. Also, I know its worse in the source, but its pretty funny/awkward in how the shape shifting alien is introduced into the story, I liked how the audience in general at SLA seemed to think the same thing 😅
Also watched the 4th episode of the TV/ONA version (on Disney+) to see what changed (assuming it was just that episode), as the film is advertised as having a different ending. While that is the case, it's not as major as you might assume. For sure there are changes but I think you can see either without thinking you missed out on anything massive.

Gunbuster - Episodes 1 - 6 [Final]

I really wanted to watch Gunbuster again with Aim for the Ace still fresh in my mind to understand just how much it really influenced it and yeah, Gunbuster for the most part completely re-uses the basic situational context and character dynamics of Aim for the Ace and overlays the science fiction of an invading alien race and the devastating effects of time dilation. The first episode of Gunbuster is basically the first third of Aim for the Ace condensed down to 25 minutes. Aim for the Ace is a fantastic show and this re-watch has actually made me appreciate Gunbuster even more in how it re-imagines the story. Aside from the Aim for the Ace angle I'll never tire of watching Gunbuster, it really is an outstanding OVA, looks incredible and still has the best ending of any anime I've seen.

Golden Warrior Gold Lightan - Episode 10

Last edited:
To Loveru Motto episodes 10-12: OK, so the mystery little girl was a originally plant in the garden. And that's all the information they're prepared to give. I assume (hope) the manga has all the details. Creepy scene where Yuuki's sister gets in bed with him.

The Coccoon of Caprice (the Eden of Grisaia part 1): More of Yuji's dark history, getting closer to the current day. Enjoying this despite the bleakness. It's obvious who the secret operative co-ordinating Yuji's life is, isn't it? I assume it will be revealed at the end.

To Loveru Darkness episodes 1-9: Lala (you know, the princess who came to earth and got engaged (married?) to Yuuki has been relegated to a bit part and Yuuki is being swarmed by every other girl. Every joke ends with Yuuki falling over and either grabbing sensitive parts of a lady's anatomy or landing under the crotch of a lady (all wearing alarmingly short skirts). It gets tedious very quickly.

Shy episode 6 Spread.

Stardust Telepath episode 5 Foreheads.

Heaven’s Official Blessing episodes 2-11 & Special (Compete. A very solid fantasy series - now to play catch up to season 2.) 4/5

Heaven’s Official Blessing Season 2
episodes 1-3

Shy (English Dub) Episode 4

The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, REALLY Love You (English Dub) Episode 2

A Playthrough of a Certain Dude's VRMMO Life Episode 6

I'm In Love with the Villainess Episode 6

Shy Episode 6

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Season 2 episode 18 Honey.

Hina Logic - from Luck & Logic episodes 1-12 (Complete. I went into this with middling expectations but it was quite an easy watch overall.) 3/5

Hi☆SCool! Seha Girls
episodes 1-6

Last edited:
Back