Your viewing journal

Black Summoner
Episodes 1-4
Easy watching. I'm sure some of the characters are straight steals.

The Slime Diaries
Episode 1
I know the production timeline doesn't work but these should have been bundled with the 2 seasons.

Astra Lost in Space
Episode 1
Not sure yet.
Wasn't Zack in Darling in the Franxx.

Last edited:
My mother wanted to check out some new anime today, so we watched:

Frieren episodes 1-2. My mother likes this one but said it is too soon after the passing of my father 6 weeks ago, so these episodes hit her pretty hard. We'll have to wait a while longer to watch any more.

I'm the Villainess so I'm Taming the Final Boss Eps 1-2. I just finished this series a few days ago myself, and thought my mother might actually like this one, even if it is based on a gaming structure which she would normally have zero interest in. I explained to her beforehand about Otome games and routes and how the re-incarnated MC is attempting to"deconstruct" the game in this anime, so she tried it and is really liking it so far. She wants to watch a few more episodes this evening - if she can manage to stay awake, lol. Sigh, old people - I'll tell ya... :rolleyes:😜

I'm going to go take a nap now.

Last edited:
BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War (English Dub) Episode 22

Horimiya: The Missing Pieces (English Dub) Episode 13 (Complete)

My Tiny Senpai (English Dub) Episode 11

Temple: No One Can Live on Loneliness (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Berserk of Gluttony Episode 2

Overtake! Episode 2

The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, REALLY Love You Episode 1

The Family Circumstances of the Irregular Witch Episode 3

Dark Gathering episode 14 Tunnel of fear.

MF Ghost episode 2 Vision obscured.

Overtake! episode 2 Roller coaster.

Shangri-La Frontier episode 2 Weak point.

THE IDOLM@STER Million Live! episode 1 First concert.

31 Days of Halloween 2023! Day VIII: Ed Wood, Sleepy Hollow (Films)

Gokusen
episodes 7-13 (Complete. A very enjoyable series that I wish there was more of.) 4/5

Golden Time
episodes 1-4

My mother wanted to check out some new anime today, so we watched:

Frieren episodes 1-2. My mother likes this one but said it is too soon after the passing of my father 6 weeks ago, so these episodes hit her pretty hard. We'll have to wait a while longer to watch any more.

I'm the Villainess so I'm Taming the Final Boss Eps 1-2. I just finished this series a few days ago myself, and thought my mother might actually like this one, even if it is based on a gaming structure which she would normally have zero interest in. I explained to her beforehand about Otome games and routes and how the re-incarnated MC is attempting to"deconstruct" the game in this anime, so she tried it and is really liking it so far. She wants to watch a few more episodes this evening - if she can manage to stay awake, lol. Sigh, old people - I'll tell ya... :rolleyes:😜

I'm going to go take a nap now.

My condolences again I hope you and your family are doing ok ❤️ I'm 34 and I go to bed really early some nights haha guess I must be a bit of an "old soul" ;P

The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You ep1: Why is it that this insanely stupid romantic comedy is a far more competent romance show than the one I watched a couple of days ago? The title makes this sound irredeemably terrible, but it's actually pretty ok as a tongue-in-cheek nonsense show with reasonably attractive animation. I was worried that with such a boastful premise all of the girls would be two-dimensional cut-outs, and so far that's kind of true - but even so, they're treated with more dignity (within the scope of a gag series) than most of the fetishised wish-fulfilment archetypes that have infested other shows of late. There's no way that we're going to meet 100 girls in a single season, though. It's super dumb but it earns a second episode to see whether the energy can be maintained.

16bit Sensation: Another Layer ep1: Another time travel show for otaku, this time focusing on the bishoujo game industry. The nostalgia is very well done; my first visit to Akihabara was only a year or two after this was set so I really appreciate the little details in every scene. I've played a few bishoujo games in my time but they're not really one of my main interests so the character interactions are going to be make or break for whether I continue with this show (and it's hard to get a feel for those when most of the first episode was spent on setup). I'll give it a second episode to see how I feel. I miss the 90s.

R

Orange episodes 1-13 plus the movie

Interesting concept for a school based show, refreshing to see none of the usual fan service (ie an episode where the female characters go into swimsuits etc, other than cheerleaders). Bit hard hitting in places

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation II (English Dub) Episode 36 (Complete)

The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 23

A Playthrough of a Certain Dude's VRMMO Life Episode 2 Upgrades.

I'm In Love with the Villainess Episode 2 Intentions.

Shy Episode 2 Self struggles.

Orange episodes 1-13 plus the movie

Interesting concept for a school based show, refreshing to see none of the usual fan service (ie an episode where the female characters go into swimsuits etc, other than cheerleaders). Bit hard hitting in places

I loved the manga this is based on, not seen the anime though - the lack of fanservice is possibly because it's shoujo rather than shonen :)

Me & Roboco ep7-8

Mashle ep3-4

xxxHolic ep1

I’d wanted to see Holic for a number of years, but having only ever seen the promotional art for it, I found the actual show a bit plain looking, to be honest. The story is fine and the dynamic between the two main characters is quite engaging, but considering what Shaft were doing with Zetsubou Sensei or even what Gonzo were doing with Gankutsuo around this time, I’d expected more interesting use of texture and pattern here.

Golgo 13 (1983) - This was educational having (as far as I remember) never seeing something directed by Osamu Dezaki. It's oozing style and has incredible lighting. At the same time I'd probably never watch this in full again because it was hard to get invested in. I will watch something else from Dezaki, likely Dear Brother if it ever comes back into stock.

Would also recommend the Black Jack and Aim for the Ace movies if you’re interested in Dezaki’s visuals in something less oppressive.

Back