Your viewing journal

Princess Resurrection Collection 2. I don't enjoy the anime quite as much as the manga, but I do really hope they decide to finish off the anime when they finish the manga, or produce more when more manga is available. It however does not need the filler treatment to pad it out in the meantime. Most of the characters are quite fun and it sticks reasonably well to the manga story but is not as dark.

Moribito Volume 4. A fair wait for what seemed almost fillerish episodes. Not to say they were bad, there was some character development. Though it did start to feel it was slowing down from the previously pace.

chaos said:
Ruraji said:
Highlander The Search For Vengeance
anime? Mm, can you tell me more about this?
Stylistically, it can be described in two words: Yoshiaki Kawajiri. It's not bad. Worth a fiver. I still have hope that the Director's Cut will be released one day, since the American producers cut several scenes for the US edit.

Completed "Fate/Stay Night" on Sunday. Enjoyed the series very much but I hate that feeling, you know the one where you wish there was more to it. I'm infact slightly disappointed in the ending but that's only because I wanted more.... and you know what they say, "Leave them wanting more". Well it defiately had that effect on me anyway. I gave it 7/10 on MAL.

Just started watching "Vampire Knight Guilty" (Ep 1-3). It's ok so far like. Much of the same as the first series but slightly more blood. Who knew Vampires had so many problems lol.

Watched the first ten episodes of Planetes over the last few nights.

It hasn't been amazing. So far, it's lacked anything in the way of a main plot thread, and it's been full of filler - some quite bad, such as a random ninjas in space episode. And the main character, Tanaba, is an annoying bitch who makes a drama out of every ******* thing because of her naivety... I seriously wanted to punch her during the coffin episode. Right now, only her dying a painful death at the end will make up for her existence.

If this series was based in a manga, I'd be fairly surprised. It strikes me as being a series that was created by in-house writers working for Sunrise, or someone they hired from the outside. The episodes lack any flow and, so far, it just seems to be a 7-8/10 series that has 10/10 scores for no good reason. I expected a lot more, yet it's turned out that my first episode impressions from way back, when I couldn't be arsed to continue watching it, were right on the money.

I'll stick to Genshiken if I want to see college/uni club type fun. That had better characters; characters I was able to relate with. In the case of Planetes, I only like Hachi, and he's hardly a top ten character contender. Putting lesser characters in a a space club of sorts hasn't worked so well thus far... not for me, anyway.

I also started Fantastic Children. The fact that the back of the case gives more information than the first five episodes combined bothered me, but the episodes showed a lot of promise. I've ordered the Anime Legends set from SS since I only own the first five episodes on DVD.

Blade Of The Phantom Master. A pretty good film all in all, with an okay story, some action and a main character with a spirit army. It did however feel as though it wanted to be the start of a series or group of films, as the story and action left me wanting more. Worth a watch if you like Berserk or Claymore, but for most it won't live up to those.

Dracos said:
Blade Of The Phantom Master. A pretty good film all in all, with an okay story, some action and a main character with a spirit army. It did however feel as though it wanted to be the start of a series or group of films, as the story and action left me wanting more. Worth a watch if you like Berserk or Claymore, but for most it won't live up to those.

The manga its based off has 17 volumes, the film is only the begining of them

Deaths Jester said:
Dracos said:

The manga its based off has 17 volumes, the film is only the begining of them

What are you doing outside the "Ever enduring Forum Games" section? Tch...

;D

Kanon 2006 episodes 8-16

loving this anime, cant decide if its quite good enough for a 10/10 yet though, that can wait till after i finish.

SundayMorningCall said:
Kanon 2006 episodes 8-16

loving this anime, cant decide if its quite good enough for a 10/10 yet though, that can wait till after i finish.

Did you shed some tears during those 8 episodes? ;)

Anyway, saw Bleach 226...back to fillers after this (a long one aswell apparantly)

plus also watched the last released episode of Clannad - After Story which is the Kyou Afterstory. I rate it the same as the Tomoyo arc from the previous season (obviously i do like both Kyou and Tomoyo ;))

Back