Your viewing journal

Episodes 1-14 of Mushishi, I don't know where to begin, but if I watched this in Japanese when it was first subbed I'd probably have utterly detested it for its episodic content and lack of coherent storyline. The storylines never cease to amaze me, truly of the best series I have watched. The music completes me and Ginko is like... the perfect main character.

Watched from episode 10 of Gundam to 27 in a few days, it was pretty enjoyable and entertaining along the way, but now I'm starting to feel the burn, it's like I'm grinding in some uninteresting RPG like Monster Quest. At least Char is back now, so the plot actually picks up.

Picked up on Ouran again only watched two episodes yesterday but it's gotten a little more serious, learning about the characters attitudes towards one another and they're all falling for Haruhi in some way, sort of. this only got a fifteen for the twins homosexual antics, right? It's the only thing I could see why it got it.

Finished Queen's Blade and Eden of the East, neither were particularly great final episodes, Eden of the East was fairly enjoyable however, I hope the movie adds gives us a better explaination of things to come and NOT be a movie that summarizes everything in like an hour and a half. Queen's Blade was just trying to hard, and it's now a Shounen tournament with tits... but I'll watch next season.

Watching all these serious and slow series or series lacking real action, I've needed the need for some needless destruction my answer was soon met when I stumbled upon a youtube video of Birdy the Mighty Decode, looking more into it, it's a fairly short series, good music, nice fight scenes, a female who can fight and directed by the director of Noein? SOLD.

07-Ghost : Latest ep. New character sounds promising.

Also addicted to Korean drama's at the mo. Can't rate Brilliant Legacy highly enough. The twists and turns are fab.

RetroRainbow said:
Although I'm not too fond of Key works, I feel that Air is the best series out of the unholy trio, as unrealistic as it may be. The crow/reincarnation thing was just a major headache, but I admit, the ending with Mizusu (?) and her aunt got me pretty hard. I felt like that made up for all the squandering around. And some of the character designs were just horrid, weren't they? Like that little girl with the two red ponytails. It looked like she had sideburns, really.

If Air is the best, I'm staying well away from any of the other series made by the same people! I actually heard it's the worst of the anime made by them... or should I be saying based on the work of the people who made the visual novel it and other titles were based on? I'm unsure if the animaton studio behind Air has only worked on a limited number of moe series.

I don't like the character designs at all. Not only do the females all look ugly (no danbooru searches made by me), I can't tell the age of the characters based on their looks. There's one character who is supposed to be the mother of 'Gao', yet she looks (and acts) like a school kid. She has no wrinkles or anything that would suggest she's an adult. Since I'm the sort of person who digs realistic art, it isn't a good thing that I found myself struggling unable to judge characters based on their appearances.

Inatead of botherting to watch any more, I decided to rewatch Godfather 1 and 2 instead. After seeing average anime, I need to see some high quality content to make up for and help me forget what I've seen, and live-action content makes for a nice chsange of pace. I'll more than likely have another look at Air in a day or so... I risk putting it on-hold forever if I don't.

Lupus said:
Episodes 1-14 of Mushishi, I don't know where to begin, but if I watched this in Japanese when it was first subbed I'd probably have utterly detested it for its episodic content and lack of coherent storyline. The storylines never cease to amaze me, truly of the best series I have watched. The music completes me and Ginko is like... the perfect main character.

:thumb:

SundayMorningCall said:
Haruhi! season 2 episode 3, argh, i wanna know what happens next!

the episode was awesome as allways by the way

DAMN YOU WOMEN, TELL ME FANSUBBERS

NOWWWWWW

in pm

plus i just finished elfien lied, totally not what i was expecting, i really thought nana would die in an ep and they where just stretching it

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah My Buddha Volume 3. For such an obvious fan service show it is still pretty funny.

Darker Than Black Volume 5. Started to loose my interest at times, but looks like it is trying to get back to the main story.

Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple Season 1 part 2. I don't know what it is, but there is still something about the show that I like. Although I am not sure what the quality will be like towards the end at 50 episodes.

Finished off watching Tenchi GXP - Very average show compaired to the other Tenchi shows, not helped by the fact the main characters got right on my tits.

Back