Your viewing journal

Chainsaw Man Episode 9

Encouragement of Climb: Next Summit Episode 10

Peter Grill and the Philosoper's Time: Super Extra (Uncensored) Episode 9

Shinobi no Ittoki Episode 10

Chainsaw Man episode 9 Taken and recovered.

Encouragement of Climb: Next Summit episode 10 New Class.

Shinobi no Ittoki episode 10 Loss.

Psycho Armor Govarian episodes 14-15

Doctor Who: Planet of Giants

Doctor Who: The Dalek Invasion of Earth

With the cold weather I hide away in my bed watching some more titles from my ever growing backlog:

Black Butler - Book of Circus : Episodes 1 - 10

Been a good few years since I watched the previous series, nice series arc.

Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero Episodes 1 - 12

Bit fan service heavy in places, but had it's good parts, open ending if they ever made more episodes.

Do it Yourself!! episode 10 Spirit.

Mob Psycho 100 III episode 10 Destruction.

The Eminence in Shadow episode 10 Converting.

Psycho Armor Govarian episodes 16-19

Doctor Who: The Rescue

Doctor Who: The Romans

Chainsaw Man ep 9
Long distance maul.
Ok, a bit better. The fight wasn't too bad in terms of action, although still a bit too CG-y. It was also a bit too brief. Makima's power is intriguing, if a bit **** pully! "My colleagues are in trouble, but I'm in Kyoto and they're in Tokyo! I'll just psychically kill the enemy from here" This seems to work a little like a Death Note, but she also, somehow, knew the names of her victims from miles away!

Do It Yourself!! ep 10
Rebuilding.

The Little Lies We All Tell ep 8
Long suffering brothers.

Love Flops eps 7-9
Beach, too good to be true, and down in the dumps.

Yuru Camp△ Movie
All grown up.
The girls are back, but this time they're working women (hard to pinpoint the timeline. Aoi's little sister, I'm pretty sure, is in elementary school in the series and here she's in college. So at least 8 years later) and fairly scattered, but the fates bring them back together again and they then band together to make a campsite!
With a run time of 2 hours I actually found it a bit of a drag. There's lots of call backs and they cram in every beat from the series (camping (natch) cooking (at home and whilst camping), shopping, onsen, etc, etc.). The plot was a bit dull as well, one of the things I like about the series was the exploration part, they'd always go to a new place every other episode or so. Here you get the campsite they are making and their day job place which whilst interesting to see where they ended up was a bit mundane location wise. I assume they asked the mangaka where they felt their characters would end up. Talking of the manga, this was written by the series composer rather than adapted from the manga (which is still in high school), so it loses a bit of the charm of the series too! I will say though the introduction of archaeology as a plot device to add a bit of drama (possibly halting their plans although!) was cool (personally at least), but at the same time felt rather unnecessary.
Art and animation was very good, didn't notice much improvement over the series with a movie budget, but the series is already pretty good too. I will say that the voices are way too low in the sound mix, I had to turn up the volume quite a, but then a bit of music would come on and be really loud.
7/10

Bibliophile Princess episode 10 Liberate.

Psycho Armor Govarian episodes 20-22

Doctor Who: The Web Planet

Doctor Who: The Crusade

Chainsaw Man ep8-9

Pop Team Epic S2 ep9-10

Did not know that a parody of BeBop High School starring Evangelion VAs was a thing I needed, and yet, here we are. Kind of curious to see BeBop High School now actually.

Madam City Hunter (1993, live-action)

Having seen trailers for this that made it look like an absolute turkey, I was quite pleasantly surprised.

It’s fairly well known that the Jackie Chan-starring Hong Kong live-action City Hunter film had an unofficial follow-up a few years later with Mr Mumble (1996), but less widely acknowledged is this little curio, released just 8 months after Jackie’s movie, presumably in a bid to capitalise on franchise’s still strong popularity. This isn’t quite such an instantly recognisable adaptation, particularly in its visuals - with his wild hair and round glasses, Anthony Wong looks more like Otacon from Metal Gear Solid than Ryo Saeba - but the character dynamic is pretty close and the story, about a lady cop’s aging father wanting to marry a triad gangster’s former mistress, genuinely does feel like an episode of the City Hunter anime. Not quite so uncannily close to the source as the French Nicky Larson film, but definitely worth a look for anyone interested in the series.

A Kid from the Boonies etc

Episodes 10-12 finished.

What do you want me to say?
It's stupid, full of slapstick, girls that love the main character and an overpowered but thinks he's weak MC.
I loved it. Finished it in a few weeks and that's me keeping it until my anime days.
There's no plot but there is an overall plot. Just don't look for major character development or a deep plot.

I laughed lots, really tickled my funny bone.
No fanservice.

My-Hime complete series: First from the MVM mystery bundle. While entertaining, I didn't really warm to the characters, found many of the male characters a bit too manipulative and creepy, and thought the ending was just too twee. And what was with the "I love x so you are not even allowed to care about their welfare"?

Edit: forgot to mention that the first episode on disc 3 went out of sync (English dub) by about a second about half-way through.

Last edited:
Super Sonico
Episode 7
On her own for a holiday. Reminded me of stuff I've done. Didn't meet a glassmaker. 😭
Episode 12
Looking for a bit of uplifting.
New Year Concert, no venue, no equipment, no advertising.
What will you do?
Will everyone you made friends with in the previous 11 episodes help?
Who knows?

Big shout out to the old guys from the pub.

Tiger And Bunny 2 [English Audio] Episodes 14-25 -
Despite me thinking the first half was a little disappointing, I came away from the show overall fairly pleased after the second half. Sure, its messy, a little rushed and has some threads left over that could have been explored better, but it's a nice enough conclusion for this show. This may be it for the series (not least because it's barely talked about or mentioned) so, it will have to do and that's fine. 8/10

The Quintessential Quintuplets Movie [Japanese & English Audio] -

The conclusion to the series! This turned out about as well as I could have hoped given the format, and sure it contains some of the same problems I had with the original story here, but its a sweet send off to a pretty good, and fun series. Though, let me be clear, no issues with ending, after all... as if I'd spoil that here : ) It was amusing watching along and hearing the reactions in the cinema on both occasions . Bound to watch this again when I can with the rest of the series. 8/10

Last edited:
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV (English Dub) Episode 0-11 (Complete... for now.)

Akiba Maid War Episode 10

Bibliophile Princess Episode 10

Urusei Yatsura (2022) Episode 9

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These - Intrigue episode 47 Firing range.

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer episode 22 Search the cycle.

My Master Has No Tail episode 11 Trouble.

Psycho Armor Govarian episodes 23-26 (Complete. The concept of being able to conjure up mecha using one’s psychic energy is an interesting one and I found this series fairly entertaining overall. A shame this was one of the Discotek releases that went OOP.) 3/5

Psycho-Pass Extended Edition
episodes 1-3

Doctor Who: The Space Museum

Doctor Who: The Chase

Battle Girl High School episodes 1-5: all very cutesy apart from the battles with the enigmatic aliens. Why does there appear to be just one all-girl school? Where are the boys being taught and why aren't they joining the fight? Are there any boys. It reminds me a little of Is This Order A Rabbit for it's total lack of teenage males and abundance of cute and supportive females. I wonder if there is any connection?

Back