Your viewing journal

orgun

Death Scythe
Super High Speed Galvion - Episodes 1 - 6

I watched this raw in the 00s but wanted to rewatch it now that there is a good fansub available, I've always liked Galvion's design by Koichi Ohata.

Spirit Hero Wataru - Episodes 22 - 25

Back Arrow - Episodes 12 & 13

SSSS Dynazenon - Episode 1

I thought this was a good first episode and I really enjoyed it, looking forward to watching more.

The strength of mecha anime in 2021 makes this old fan very happy!

Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood ep 2
Dangerous secrets.

ODDTAXI ep 1
Well it certainly has its odd moments, but there's plenty of humour and a little bit of drama too.

Fruits Basket The Final Season ep 1
Nightgown Festival.
Oh look, another bad Soma parent!

Combatants Will Be Dispatched ep 1
Konosuba in Spaaaaaaaaaaaace!

Megalo Box: NOMAD ep 1
All washed up.

Now over to the Salaryman X JK corner:
Higehiro: After Being Rejected, I Shaved and Took in a High School Runaway ep 1
I'm not typing that in every week! This started as an opposite to Koikimo in that the girl was the one being pushy, but the male MC doesn't reciprocate. Seems a bit more of a dramatic show than Koikimo though with seemingly a bit of a sad backstory for the girl.
Whilst the guy wasn't being pervy the camera was a bit with cleavage and panty shots! Also the subtitles were a bit annoying as it kept saying "teenage girl" instead of "high school girl" every time he said joshikousei or JK. What makes it weirder is that 2 other shows I watched on CR had the correct translation!?

Koikimo ep 2
Cultural festival.

NormanicGrav

The Quintessential Pouts
AUKN Staff
Hyouka (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-9
SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-9

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Joran: The Princess of Snow and Blood episode 2 The treasurer.

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent episode 1 Looks to be another pleasant fantasy outing for the season.

The Slime Diaries episode 1 Looks to be a laidback spin-off focusing on the SoL elements of the series - should be good fun.

.Hack//Sign episodes 8-18

Dragon Slayer

Mad Scientist
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 29

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Episode 1 Looks like a decent weekly outing.

The Slime Diaries: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 1 Already looking like a fun spin-off. Until season two returns, this will suffice quite nicely.

Shadow Cat

Thousand Master
I've just had a really weird moment where I can't remember if SAO Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season actually finished the arc... or what happened over the last few episodes

I remember about having to get to a terminal to log out, someone misses the terminal and has to wait like... 200 years?

All while there is a gunfight in the overworld and I think a few died (one using the VR headset?) and the rest excaped

NormanicGrav

The Quintessential Pouts
AUKN Staff
Hyouka (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-11
Hyouka - What Should Be Had (Japanese audio) - OVA (Completed)
SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-12 (Completed)

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Full Dive: The Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Sh*ttier than Real Life! episode 1 Quite the anime title and quite a way to start the series.

Hetalia World★Stars episodes 1-2 I didn’t realise this was getting another season but it’s nice to see it return.

Super Cub episode 1 An atmospheric outing for the first episode.

.Hack//Sign episodes 19-25 + Intermezzo & Unison OVAs (Complete. Though at times a bit slow this was a solid series that tackled the themes of living in a game and the sinister mechanics within fairly well. The OP is quite catchy too.) 3.5/5

.Hack//Legend of the Twilight
episodes 1-3

CommanderZx2

School Idol
Just saw the first episode of Super Cub, it's really good and not at all what I was expecting. It's not at all like Bakuon!!, but instead more along the lines of Non Non Biyori, but with much much fewer characters combined with depression of isolation.

ActionFaust

Dragon Knight
Watched For Whom The Alchemist Exists recently. Quite refreshing for an isekai to have more traditional fantasy influence rather than the RPG video game style that you'd see every season. Even more interesting was the focus on a female main character and the lack of a harem. It's no masterpiece but it's nice to see an isekai break away from the usual tropes. With Shoji Kawamori as chief director the final battle is very reminiscent of the over the top battles you'd expect from Macross with some visual nods and even a couple Itano Circuses! Very good fun and a recommendation for those who want something different from the usual isekai

zrdb

School Idol
Fate/Stay Night~Heaven's Feel-3-Spring Song-all I can say is that this trilogy has been a fantastic viewing experience. This final movie really went all out and blew the lid off. As always ufotable and Yuki Kajiura went all out. 9 out of 10 points.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Fairy Ranmaru episode 1 Not quite sure what to make of this so far.

Zombieland Saga: Revenge episode 1 Setting the stage for a new season.

.Hack//Legend of the Twilight episodes 4-12 (Complete. A bit of a step down from //Sign, losing much of the atmosphere in favour of a more adventure-comedy approach. The adventure itself was okay to watch but didn’t carry as much intrigue.) 3/5

.Hack//Roots
episodes 1-4

Last edited:
Super Cub ep 1
Was not expecting that. Thought it'd be the usual CGDCT show with club shenanigans, but it was quite peaceful and the MC is quiet and shy. I feel that the interaction with the bike shop owner is probably the most she's had for a while, but looking at the key art there are some friends on the horizon.

Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song eps 1 & 2
To prevent a future apocalypse where AIs and humans have a war (that old sci-fi chestnut), a program is sent back in time to help the only AI (the titular Vivy) that can be used, for reasons! Only problem is she's an AI whose only mission is to sing.
I found it quite interesting so far and the banter between the program and Vivy is fun, although the program has moments where he's a bit of a motormouth which is hard to follow.
Also there's one bit at the end of episode 2 where you think it's closing out and then boom new scene without any context that probably could have been placed at the start of the 3rd episode. Hope it's a one off.

Moriarty the Patriot s2 e1
Prima Donna.

Zombie Land Saga: Revenge ep 1
Blood on the Dance Floor

Just realised I forgot to post the simulwatch episodes yesterday:
Gurren Lagann eps 10-12

Girls wIth Guns

Death Scythe
Finished off the second half of Violet Evergarden, episodes 8-13 + OVA, with the neighbor couple and my mother. This was a first-time viewing for only the neighbor guy, who thouht it was very good. It had been so long since the girl and my mother saw the series, they didn't remember a lot of the details from the episodes, so they enjoyed it just as much this second time through.