Your viewing journal

While you’re here, does Pokān actually have a translation?
I was wondering about that myself, actually, so I did a quick search and turned up this site:

It gives the translation as "vacantly; blankly; listlessly; absent-mindedly". It sounds more like an onomatopoeic word to me, though, so I kept looking and found this:

That one uses a short a sound instead of the long ā, but it adds "openmouthed; with one's mouth wide-open; gaping; flabbergasted" to the list of definitions, as well as the onomatopoeic "with a whack; with a thump", so... take your pick? You'd be a better judge than me, having seen the show.

I wanted to ask, actually: how did you first come across it anyway?

And lastly, also from your post...
Neil, please, stop, it hurts. I can’t take any more
Out of its original context, that sounds like the kind of thing that would be very disappointing to hear in the wrong context.

I wanted to ask, actually: how did you first come across it anyway?
Don’t quote me on this (or go looking for posts from twelve years ago to quote either, they can stay in the past :p) but I believe it was long lost comrade @Voddas (still sitting pretty at No.15 in the most posts chart) who recommended MagiPoka to me. I’ve seen a few AUKN crews come and go, but I’ve been pleased to be part of all of them.

Please, quote me out of context more often Neil, that put a smile on my face.

Edit: Speaking of out of context, I can perhaps see why Magical?Gape might have given people the wrong idea about the show...

Strike Witches: Road to Berlin (English Dub) Episode 2

The Hidden Dungeon Only I Can Enter (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Blue Reflection Ray Episode 6 Tragic past.

So I'm a Spider, So What? Episode 18 Friendly neighborhood spider.

SSSS.DYNAZENON Episode 7 Friend or foe?

Planetes(Sub)- episode 3 insurance

The World Ends With You: The Animation- episode 6 Uncertainty

Burning Kabaddi- episode 7 Burning Ambition

Those Snow White Notes- episode 7 Super Sentai Shamisen(dat colours of the uniform and the reference!)

Back Arrow episode 19 Dissolve.

Blue Reflection Ray episode 6 Tragedy unfolding.

Burning Kabaddi episode 7 Moving forward.

So I'm a Spider, So What? episode 18 Help.

SSSS.DYNAZENON episode 7 Alliance.

The World Ends with You The Animation episode 6 Salvation.

Those Snow White Notes episode 7 Serious.

BIG ORDER episodes 1-10 (Complete. This series didn’t leave much of an impact on me overall, I found it to be average at best and mediocre in other aspects.) 2.5/5

Also more Miami Vice Season Three.

Just finished a rewatch of Ghost In The Shell-Stand Alone Complex-Solid State Society. After rewatching SAC seasons 1 & 2 it was fun to see how Motoko would be sent off.

And lastly, also from your post...
Out of its original context, that sounds like the kind of thing that would be very disappointing to hear in the wrong context.

And here I was shipping the two of you as well 😭

That was a joke XP

I finished watching Yumeiro Patissiere episodes 1-50 so just the 13 episode SP Professional sequel/wrapup series to go now :) I have really really enjoyed this show from start to finish, I am just sad that they did not release it in full HD rather than as an SD-BD as there are HD masters available I believe. But it was still a delightful series and I can't wait to see how SP Profesional concludes things :) I also started rewatching Toradora and K-On! English dubbed as I got K-On!'s most recent US Blu-ray release recently and bought Toradora's CE in MVMs Deal of the Week offer as well :)

Last edited:
Llama Kyon can woo anyone!
Hmm, I don't know about that, I hate llamas, haha... when I was in high school eons ago, I had taken my girlfriend to an ice cream shop that was on a dairy farm that the family ran, and they had a llama behind the barn in a fenced in area. I got a little too close to the fence and the dang thing spuked all over me and my ice cream cone I had only taken one bite from. We had to drive home with the windows down, lol. So Llama Kyon just looks plain scary to me! :oops: 🤣

Hmm, I don't know about that, I hate llamas, haha... when I was in high school eons ago, I had taken my girlfriend to an ice cream shop that was on a dairy farm that the family ran, and they had a llama behind the barn in a fenced in area. I got a little too close to the fence and the dang thing spuked all over me and my ice cream cone I had only taken one bite from. We had to drive home with the windows down, lol. So Llama Kyon just looks plain scary to me! :oops: 🤣

Now that's an A-class traumatic backstory if ever I heard one...

Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (Japanese) - Episodes 9-16

Still not really feeling the tone of the show but I’m pushing through. I still actively dislike quite a few of the new characters, especially Chara Soon. At least Judau is alright.

The Phantom Colony episodes were interesting… if a little frustrating (they’re twin sisters, how hard is that to figure guys come on)… they almost feel like a precursor to Turn A in some ways.

Demon Slayer episodes 1-7

Dr Stone: Stone Wars episode 9

My Hero Academia Season 5 episodes 7-8

Myriad Colors Phantom World episodes 6-13 & OVA (Complete)

The Quintessential Quintuplets Season 2
episodes 7-8

Back