Your viewing journal

Black Clover episode 137 Some food-themed filler.

Diary of our Days at the Breakwater episode 5 Getting stuck in and an unexpected visitor.

Muhyo & Roji’s Bureau of Supernatural Investigation 2nd Season episode 17 An unorthodox exam.

UMAYON episode 5 Oodles of ramen noodles.

Hozuki’s Coolheadedness 2 (Rewatch) episodes 15-26 (Complete. As enjoyable as it was when watching weekly, with the bonus that it was two-cour. I’d love to see more of this series be adapted in the future.) 4/5

Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel I. presage flower Film [Rewatch]
A recap before...

Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel II. lost butterfly Film
Man as if the first film wasn't already amazing enough ufotable absolutely delivered on this sequel. This is the point where it really diverts from Unlimited Blade Works with how it challenges Shirou's ideals as a hero of justice and resulting in him becoming a hero for one. Music and animation continue to be fantastic as expected of Yuki Kajiura and ufotable respectively. Also can't end this post without mentioning Nozomu Abe's work on the Berserker vs Saber Alter scene. Can't wait for the third film!

Fate / Apocrypha ep5-6

I remember there being some mixed opinions on Apocrypha when it came out, but I've quite enjoyed it so far. The temptation to describe it as a 'Saber rattling action series' is overwhelming though.

I'll get my coat.

Ahiru no Sora episode 42 Trying to prevent a repeat.

DECA-DENCE episode 5 Fight and flight.

Mr Love: Queen’s Choice episode 4 Key.

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- 2nd Season episode 30 A fabricated world and partner in crime.

Human Crossing episodes 1-13 (Complete. A selection of self-contained storylines that were more curios than anything else. Some had their merits and others just left me indifferent.) 3/5

Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater Episode 5 Mucky work and a surprise visitor.

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- 2nd Season Episode 30 The trial continues.

Umayon! Episode 5 Eating race.

Crossing Time [Rewatch] episodes 1 and 12
Only watched these two episodes as I remember them standing out in this mixed bag of a series. Acting as a two parter bookending the series it stands well on it's own as an amusing yuri short. Would've preferred a short series focusing on these two characters instead as their dynamic was pretty fun.

No Guns Life 2nd Season episode 17 See-through.

The Millionaire Detective - Balance: UNLIMITED episode 4 Dog hunting.

Joshiraku episodes 1-13 (Complete. It was interesting seeing a different take on Rakugo from a comedic standpoint as we follow five aspiring performers and their escapades as they discuss various topics that often escalated as the episodes progressed.) 3.5/5

Violet Evergarden: Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll Film
Ah I've missed the Violet Evergarden experience of being reduced to a sobbing mess. The film continues with what made Violet Evergarden such a wonderful series with its powerful writing and animation.

Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club - Muteki-kyu*Believer Music Video
I guess this kinda counts as a preview for the Nijigasaki anime as it's the first music video produced by Sunrise. Production is an improvement from past entries with a change in character designer and better CG scenes. Really looking forward to the main series now especially with Nijigasaki straying away from the usual formula.

RahXephon: Pluralitas Concentio Film
An alternate interpretation of the series with a condensed story and new scenes. The pacing is pretty wonky as expected and several subplots were understandably cut from the film.

Cat's Eye ep14

Fate / Apocrypha ep6-9

Perhaps watching four episodes in a row was a mistake, but the show's attempt to mount a large battle scene has been rather disappointing. It feels scattershot and, by constantly homing in on individual duels, lacks a sense of scale. Now it's also just dragging on. Kind of feeling like the show is a little less interesting in general when buddy cop duo Mordred and Shishigou are offscreen for a while.

Back