Your viewing journal

Gankutsuou episode 11-12
Your Lie in April episode 11

Yep, not much watching done again. I think I'll give Hitman 2 a break now so I could focus on finishing up these two.

Balance: UNLIMITED ep 2
Kanbe really is the Japanese Bruce Wayne, he's even got a bat cave!

Kakushigoto ep 3
Accidental Casanova.

Tower of God ep 3
Some interesting backstory in this episode.

GATE (Japanese audio) - Episodes 17-18
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG (English audio) - Episodes 21-26 (Completed)
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society (English audio) - Film

No.Anime NameTypeWatchedTotal
#01GATETV Series1824
#02Ghost in the Shell: ARISEOVA Series04
#03Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 1st GIGTV Series2626
#04Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIGTV Series2626
#05Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State SocietyMovie11
#06Ghost in the Shell: The New MovieMovie01
#07Hellsing UltimateOVA Series1010
#08Mobile Suit Gundam the OriginOVA Series66

Kakushigoto episode 3 Unexpected attractions.

The 8th Son? Are you Kidding Me? episode 3 More than a party.

The Millionaire Detective - Balance: UNLIMITED episode 2 Disguises of varying success.

Yumeiro Pâtissière episodes 7-17

Gankutsuou episode 13-14
Your Lie in April episode 12-14

Admittedly, Gankutsuou isn't nearly the epic masterpiece I set out to watch. I felt that as a revenge story, its pacing could have picked up a lot more to make it more dramatic and larger than life. Therefore, I feel it would've been better off as a big-budget Hollywood movie. As it happens, there was a Hollywood adaptation of the novel back in 2002. Though I haven't watched it, it's received mixed reviews, as do most movie adaptations of works that are considered masterpieces.

Your Lie, on the other hand, is doing a lot better with my expectations. It's turned out to be a lot more depressing than I initially expected with its first 11 episodes. I initially thought it might be one of those sappy anime that try to show how joyful life still is in spite of all the tragedies, but it's harder to believe that is the case with every episode. Looking forward towards the ending.

Edit: And episode 15 of Gankutsuou blew me away. Phew. Everything built up to this moment, so I guess the pacing was necessary. The inevitability of revenge, the bitterness of choosing vengeance over everything else. Very poetic stuff.

Last edited:
APPARE-RANMAN! ep 2
Slowly introducing the other characters. Maybe they'll be ready to start the race at the end of the next episode, just in time for the delay to kick in.

Wave, Listen to Me ep 3
New beginnings.

Listeners ep 3
"It's better to burn out than fade away"

GATE (Japanese audio) - Episodes 19-24 (Completed)
Ghost in the Shell ARISE: border:1 Ghost Pain (English audio) - OVA
Ghost in the Shell ARISE: border:2 Ghost Whispers (English audio) - OVA

No.Anime NameTypeWatchedTotal
#01GATETV Series2424
#02Ghost in the Shell ARISEOVA Series24
#03Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 1st GIGTV Series2626
#04Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIGTV Series2626
#05Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State SocietyMovie11
#06Ghost in the Shell: The New MovieMovie01
#07Hellsing UltimateOVA Series1010
#08Mobile Suit Gundam the OriginOVA Series66

A Certain Scientific Railgun T episode 12 Getting some real Dr Kanou vibes from the antagonist here.

APPARE-RANMAN! episode 2 This is getting postponed after next week but I’ll keep on watching when it resumes.

Bungo and Alchemist -Gears of Judgement- episode 3 I have no strong feelings either way for this, not sure if I’ll keep watching or not.

Listeners episode 3 I have similar thoughts for this series as Bungo above.

Sakura Wars The Animation episode 3 Struggles.

Wave, Listen to Me! episode 3 Drunken parting.

Yumeiro Pâtissière episodes 18-30

A Certain Scientific Railgun T Episode 12 Just as it was getting even more interesting, it get's delayed.

Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Fifth Plate Episode 2 Despite being delayed also, I'll continue on watching it once it resumes.

Oreshura Episode 1-8

Gankutsuou episode 15-17
Your Lie in April episode 15-17

Gankutsuou's getting better, as I mentioned last post. I'm liking how epic and dramatic the story's becoming, fitting for a revenge story.

Your Lie's not bad, but I'm getting annoyed by some of the side characters, particularly Nagi. It's just one of those tropey things you'd find in anime, the bratty little sister having a crush on her brother. Points off from YLIA. You know this gripe is definitely gonna appear in my final review, especially with how much I hate cliches.

Assassination Classroom Season 2 episodes 1 to 25 (although not all at once, did 20 episodes yesterday with the final 5 this afternoon, I blame the rain forcing me indoors rather than my usual afternoon walk). Forgot how moving episode 24 is.

Back