Your viewing journal

Gleipnir - Episodes 1 & 2
Agree with what Professor Irony said about the over the top ecchi - I find it particularly tasteless in this series. Still, I'll keep watching and see where the plot goes.

Kakushigoto - Episodes 1 & 2
Super cute and wholesome, great music too.

Gankutsuou episode 7-10
Your Lie in April episode 7-9

Your Lie is starting to worn out for me, the more I see its shounen elements, the more it spills its empty platitudes. It's still well-crafted for sure, but I'll probably do the same as I did to Monogatari SS - give it a score and move on without a review.

I was going to say wait till the end for a gut punch in the feels, but you said the end had been spoilt so apart from the nice art, animation and performances there won't be much to watch it for.
I'm someone who hates spoilers though. If I find something out I try to forget it and leave the show/film/game till later, but more I try to forget the more I remember the spoiler 😅

I was going to say wait till the end for a gut punch in the feels, but you said the end had been spoilt so apart from the nice art, animation and performances there won't be much to watch it for.
I'm someone who hates spoilers though. If I find something out I try to forget it and leave the show/film/game till later, but more I try to forget the more I remember the spoiler 😅
Yeah, the ending will probably never have the same gut punch as Monogatari SS episode 20. I hate spoilers too; they can make or break an experience, which is why I'm usually careful when sharing even light spoilers. But that's the Internet for ya. You look up a meme and you get spoiled about Your Lie in April when someone puts in a meme, "Where is Kaori? Proceeds to sob." God, that meme is old and unfunny af.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG (English audio) - Episodes 8-14

No.Anime NameTypeWatchedTotal
#01Ghost in the Shell: ARISEOVA Series04
#02Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 1st GIGTV Series2626
#03Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIGTV Series1426
#04Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State SocietyMovie01
#05Ghost in the Shell: The New MovieMovie01
#06Hellsing UltimateOVA Series1010
#07Mobile Suit Gundam the OriginOVA Series66

High Score Girl II (dub) eps 7-9 (complete)
Tournament and a bit of a bittersweet ending.
There's the same great characters like the mother of the male MC and the sister of the female MC. And even though she's silent Akira is still quite expressive. The love triangle comes to a head and I had trouble picking my favourite and to be honest I don't think Haruo deserves either, cos he's pretty much the cliché dense male lead you see in most rom-com anime. Neither of them deserve their fate.
The animation does suffer a bit from the usual oddness that comes with CG stuff.
8/10
Even though I think the whole run of the manga is adapted I've put on my PTR list.

Breakwater ep 2
Cast away.

Black Clover episode 130 Captain clashes.

Diary of our Days at the Breakwater episode 2 Miscasting.

You’re Under Arrest! Fast & Furious episodes 6-17

Keishichou Tokumubu Tokushu Kyouakuhan Taisakushitsu Dainanaka: Tokunana (huh?) episodes 7-12 (End) tonight. The second half was especially good; even if parts of the story were fairly predictable, there were some interesting surprises as well. Kind of like Witch Hunter Robin, but with "dragons" instead of "witches." Very entertaining none the less, and a definite purchase for me if it ever sees a Blu-ray release.

Oh, the shorter title for this is Special 7.

Last edited:
GATE (Japanese audio) - Episodes 13-16
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG (English audio) - Episodes 15-20

GATE's second half joins Batch #B.405 backlog haul. A few more titles may join depending on my mood.

No.Anime NameTypeWatchedTotal
#01GATETV Series1624
#02Ghost in the Shell: ARISEOVA Series04
#03Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 1st GIGTV Series2626
#04Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIGTV Series2026
#05Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State SocietyMovie01
#06Ghost in the Shell: The New MovieMovie01
#07Hellsing UltimateOVA Series1010
#08Mobile Suit Gundam the OriginOVA Series66

Rewatching Silver Spoon (currently at episode 9)
Summer 2013 was the season I started watching currently airing anime, and this was one of the shows I watched at that time.
Always felt it was very underrated, it exudes such a relaxing atmosphere and Hachiken's development as a character is incredibly well written. It's also genuinely educational and taught me a lot about the farming industry.

Ahiru no Sora episode 27 Strength under the basket.

TAMAYOMI: The Baseball Girls episode 3 Getting serious.

Tower of God episode 3 Hesitation marks.

You’re Under Arrest! Fast & Furious episodes 18-26 (Complete. Still good fun though the character design changes were noticeable and the drama towards the last few episodes was a bit hit and miss. The bonus hot springs episode was also a massive tease which I’m never a fan of.) 3.5/5

Yumeiro Pâtissière
episodes 1-6

Tuesday 14th & Wednesday 15th.

Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater Episode 2 Unintentional miscasting.

Infinite Dendrogram Episode 13 (Complete)

Kiss×Sis Episode 1-12 and Kiss×Sis OVA's 0-11 (Complete. Disturbing and incestuous step-sibling shenanigans with an even more morbid story plot. What I did find the most disturbing about this was the mind sets of certain characters.) 2/5

Plunderer Episode 14 Spying and Snooping.

Tamayomi: The Baseball Girls Episode 3 Serious motivation.

Tower of God Episode 3 A good episode this week.

Kaguya-sama S2 ep1

It's nice that this is back, but I kind of miss watching it with other people - it's not the same when you're alone (sad violin, etc).

Kakushigoto ep2

Continues to entertain, but I'm not sure what to feel about the wrap-around story it's hinting at. Coming from the Zetsubou-Sensei author, I suppose this was to be expected, but I'm not convinced the scenes of older Hime really add anything as yet.

Back