Your viewing journal

Cop Craft episode 10 Rough animation but a decent episode.

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts episode 12 A violent and so-so ending. (Complete. This series had some potential in terms of its ideas and concepts but never quite executed them to their full potential and the result is an anime that’s okay but nothing particularly special. I checked out the manga and it seems to be going in a decent direction so maybe an eventual S2 could improve things.) 3/5

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
episodes 27-34

Shirobako episodes 7-8

The Idolm@ster episode 2

Kino's Journey: Country of the Tower -Freelance-
An OVA for the 2003 series. A nice short about a country obsessed with building a tower. Same philosophical goodness as you'd expect from the main series. 8/10

Last edited:
To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts episode 12 (complete)
This was really hit and miss for me. The concept was interesting enough but it didn't do enough with the regular characters and didn't explore the baddie enough. It felt too much like a monster-of-the-week kind of thing, which it sort of was but would've felt less so if it put more of a plot together. As it stands I think its possible to watch most episodes out of order and it not be noticable.
Not really wanting a second season but I doubt that'll stop it from getting one. 2.5/5

Magical Sempai ep 12 (complete)
Bunny Girl Sempai and fun with balloons 😏
Quite a bawdy comedy with some LOL moments, but also got a bit repetitive. Sempai was a fun character as was Assistant-kun with his remarks, but the bro-con and her brother weren't great and there wasn't enough of the chemistry girl.
Art and animation were pretty good.
6/10

Are You Lost?
ep 12 (complete)
Hmm, a little bit of gross out comedy in this one 🤮, but the last part was funny. Also even if we don't get a second season we know that at least they will be rescued with Papa on his way.
A fun and interesting show with some fanservice that wasn't too OTT. The art and animation was OK.
7/10

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts
ep 12
Who are the true beasts? Set up quite nicely for a second season, but not sure if I'm too bothered.
It started out quite promising, but turned into a MOTW show where pretty much everyone's story boiled down to the same thing "we had a good life, got invited to join a shady military team, s*** went South and now I'm living with this thing I can't control" the only difference was that some embraced it and some wanted out. Cain seemed suitably evil for a bad guy, but didn't get enough screen time.
Art was mixed sometimes good, sometimes bad, and the same could be said for the animation (it suffered so bad in one episode it was like watching a slideshow!)
5/10

Demon Lord, Retry? (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-10
Given (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-9
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-12 (Completed)
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World
(Japanese audio) - Episode 24

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season - 3 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 24 of 26 up-to-date
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 24 of 25 up-to-date
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 24 of 26 up-to-date

Summer 2019 Season - 14 titles:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - 9 of 13 [1 ep behind]
Astra Lost in Space - 11 of 12 up-to-date
Cop Craft - 9 of 12 [1 ep behind]
Demon Lord, Retry? - 10 of 12 [1 ep behind]
Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? - 9 of 12 [1 ep behind]
Dr. STONE - 11 of 24 up-to-date
Given - 9 of 11 [1 ep behind]
Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? - 9 of 12 [2 eps behind]
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - 10 of 12 [1 ep behind]
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord - 10 of 12 [1 ep behind]
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II - 10 of 12 up-to-date
Isekai Cheat Magician - 9 of 12 [1 ep behind]
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 12 of 12 [Completed]
VINLAND SAGA - 10 of 24 up-to-date

Netflix - 2 titles:
Cannon Busters - 6 of 12 [6 eps left]
Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - 6 of 6 (6 more are coming soon)

Ace of Diamond: Act II episode 25 The Cutter.

Are you Lost? episode 12 A hopeful ending. (Complete. A solid comedy series with a likeable bunch of castaways trying to survive any way they can. Not much to say really it was good overall.) 3.5/5

Black Clover
episode 101 Returning home.

Magical Sempai episode 12 Chemistry girl gets a look in and the last of the magic-based lewdness. (Complete. Lewd and fun but admittedly the humour did wear a bit then by the end of the series. I’ll also echo @D1tchd1gger in that there wasn’t enough of chemistry girl too. Overall a fun watch each week but not an anime I’m likely to revisit.) 3/5

Toy Story (Film)
I’m still impressed with how well this has aged for the most part (the humans and Sid’s dog are the weak link) and the new 4K release reveals small details that weren’t noticeable before, such as some subtle grime on Woody’s hands in an early scene and textures on some of the furniture in Andy’s room. The story itself is a classic and it was a pleasure revisiting it, especially seeing how the characters were before they mellowed out with each sequel-Woody in particular. 4/5

episodes 35-38

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest (English Dub) Episode 8

Cop Craft (English Dub) Episode 9

Fairy Tail (English Dub) Episode 323

Are You Lost? Episode 12 (Complete)
A nauseating final episode, but at least the final segment was funny. (This was an interesting show. To sum this series up, its basically the anime version of "The Island with Bear Grylls" but just with teen girls who are all likeable and their fight to survive anyway they can. 3.5/5

Magical Sempai Episode 12 (Complete)
Bunny suit and baloon fun. (This was a lewdly fun anime short with its comedy. Senpai was such a really fun likeable character as is Assistant with his verbal retorts. Shame the same same can't be said about the siblings. I was really hoping chemistry girl would have gotten more screen time. 3/5

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World Episode 24
A very solid episode. Those reveals tho...

Last edited:
Are You Lost? episode 12 [End]
A good short series with some fun characters. Pretty much a time waster for the season providing some great survivalist humour. 7/10

The Idolm@ster
episode 3

Girls Frontline Chibi Theatre episode 9

Last edited:
Are You Lost? episode 12 (complete)
This could've been much better than it was. I like the concept but I would've much preferred it if it focused more on the SoL aspects of things and sort of tried to be Yuru Camp on a desert island. The characters were likeable and not annoying but at the same time were no different than other animes with the exception of Homare.
I think I would've dropped this at episode 5 maybe if it wasn't so short or if there were more shows on a Tuesday so that helped it. If it was on Friday's this season I wouldn't have stuck with it at all. Also I'm hoping the ending is more of an indication that it all gets resolved, as opposed to a second season because I don't really want one. 5/10 for me.

Magical Sempai episode 12 (complete)
This is another one that was saved by the fact its so short. Near enough every joke consisted of "Sempai tries magic trick. Magic trick goes wrong. Semapi shows underwear. Wooo :( ". That sort of got a bit tried and tested towards the end but this coupled with Are You Lost? worked out as a single episode really so it was more something to turn your brain off to.
Senpai was such a really fun lickable character
Honestly not sure if that was intentional mate but I wasn't impressed with this series and I doubt it'll get a second season. If it does then I don't think I'll bother - I can't see them changing the formula at all so this one's a 4/10 for me.

Yu-No episode 24

School Babysitters ep 9
Fate/Apocrypha ep 17-18
Gabriel DropOut ep 5
Flying Witch ep 5
Laid-Back Camp ep 7
Astra Lost in Space ep 12 {END]

Can't fault it much, would like to see more on the romance front but that's subjective and in line with my personal enjoyment. It was different from what we usually see, both from a story perspective and animation wise. I do recommend it a lot. Definitely wanna own this anime and give it a rewatch after that. 7/10

Last edited:
Astra Lost in Space (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 (Completed)
Demon Lord, Retry? (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-12 (Completed)
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?
(Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-12 (Completed)

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season - 3 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 24 of 26 up-to-date
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 24 of 25 up-to-date
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 24 of 26 up-to-date

Summer 2019 Season: Completed - 4 titles:
Astra Lost in Space - 12 episodes length [9/10]
Demon Lord, Retry! - 12 episodes length [5/10]
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - 12 episodes length [8/10]
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 12 episodes length [6/10]

Summer 2019 Season - 10 titles:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - 9 of 13 [1 ep behind]
Cop Craft - 9 of 12 [1 ep behind]
Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? - 9 of 12 [1 ep behind]
Dr. STONE - 11 of 24 up-to-date
Given - 9 of 11 [1 ep behind]
Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? - 9 of 12 [2 eps behind]
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord - 10 of 12 [1 ep behind]
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II - 10 of 12 up-to-date
Isekai Cheat Magician - 9 of 12 [2 eps behind]
VINLAND SAGA - 10 of 24 up-to-date

Netflix - 2 titles:
Cannon Busters - 6 of 12 [6 eps left]
Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - 6 of 6 (6 more are coming soon)

Astra Lost in Space episode 12 A solid ending. (Complete. A sci-fi series with enough twists and turns to keep the story interesting and an enjoyable watch each week.) 3.5/5

Demon Lord, Retry!
episode 12 Hotsprings and halos (Complete. A fun romp, even if it wasn’t exactly all that great overall.) 3/5

How Heavy are the Dumbbells you Lift?
episode 12 Another competition. (Complete. Good fun and somewhat educational, not that I’m likely to be hitting the gym anytime soon but this was better than I was expecting.) 3.5/5

episodes 39-40

Nisemonogatari 1-11 Still good but not as good, was glad to see Kiss-shot become happy again though. After Kizu I'm wondering if I have inadvertently seen the peak of the show because I never quite got off the hype train.

Kino's Journey: Life Goes On
Movie working as a prologue to the main series. Some really good direction in this one. 8/10

Kino's Journey: Country of Illness -For You-

A movie that sees Studio SHAFT handling production. Another good philosophical ending to.this one. 8/10

Will definitely look to watching the 2017 adaptation soon.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou: Quiet Country Cafe episodes 1-2 [End]
Another set of OVAs. Still good iyashikei and the soundtrack is pretty great as well. 7/10

The Idolm@ster
episode 4

Back