Your viewing journal

The Promised Neverland ep1

That certainly put its cards on the table a lot faster than I was expecting, but I'm intrigued to see where they'll go with it.

SAO Alternative: Gun Gale Online ep2-3

It's nothing earth shattering, but as a blob of undemanding nonsense, this is quite watchable. Kind of makes me miss MMO Junkie though; I think that show had a more interesting dynamic between its in-game and IRL scenes.

The Promised Neverland episode 3

BanG Dream! Season 2 episode 4

The Quintessential Quintuplets episode 3

Sound! Euphonium 2 episodes 5-10

And here's a kind of final overview of what I'm watching for the Winter 2019 season I guess
Watching
  • BanG Dream Season 2
  • Kaguya-Sama: Love is War
  • The Quintessential Quintuplets
  • Mob Psycho 100 II
  • Mysteria Friends
  • The Promised Neverland
  • That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (2nd Cour)
Delayed Viewing
  • Dororo
  • Kakegurui xx
  • The Rising of the Shield Hero
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind
  • Real Girl Season 2
  • Boogiepop and Others

Last edited:
The Promised Neverland ep 3
Quite a lot of plotting and talking through various scenarios, and then a possible reveal of a spy among the kids or it could be a red herring. Maybe Emma shouldn't be talking out loud in front of other kids other than Ray and Norman!

Girly Air Force ep 3
Training continues and a secret is revealed. Also a new character is introduced.

The Quintessential Quintuplets ep 3
Yep that Nino is going to be a tougher nut to crack than Yotsuba and Miku were.

Hinamaru Sumo ep 15
That was unexpected.

A Certain Magical Index III episode 16 Accelerator continues to be well, Accelerator

Boogiepop and Others episode 5 I continue to be fascinated yet a bit confused.

Date A Live III episode 3 So everyone gets turned into younglings? Can’t say I saw it coming.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind episode 15 Splitting your heart in two whilst waking up feeling so horny.

Doctor Who: The Mind of Evil I’d forgotten how good this story was, despite only having a small number of sets it works quite nicely. It’s a great example of how Doctor Who can do thrillers quite well.

Sound! Euphonium 2 episodes 11-13 (End) - I'm happy to say this is my favourite KyoAni series thus far, beating even Violet Evergarden. While I was already impressed with season 1, this just goes further beyond in every way. Never thought a euphonium solo would make me break down in tears but here we are. In any case this series gets a 10/10 from me. Really looking forward to the movies should they be available here.

A Certain Magical Index III Episode 16
Accelerator being Accelerator is the best Accelerator.

Boogiepop and Others Episode 5
Still interesting even though I've given up trying to make sence of what's really going on.

Date A Live III Episode 3
Natsumi's true identity is finally revealed. That ending though, I never saw that coming.

Domestic Girlfriend Episode 3
Being a Grown Up sure is hard word and stressful.

Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka Episode 3
Some bonding with the new classmate, and a trip to the Pool.

The Price of Smiles Episode 4

Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend episodes 7-12 (End) - I wasn't expecting too much of this series but it's been a pretty good surprise. The characters were pretty fun to watch and the self awareness and breaking of the fourth wall were quite amusing. The animation is also great with some moments that were kinda reminiscent of a Shaft production. 8/10

Season 2 will have to wait until Dororo has ended so I can activate a Prime trial and get a few shows sorted in one go.

Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Special - I'm intrigued but seeing as it's just a one episode special I don't really have any strong feelings towards it. Still interested in the full season. 6/10

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War episode 3

Neon Genesis Evangelion episode 22, so apparently Asuka has some issues which is why she acts the way she does, she was kinda annoying this episode but I can sympathise with her. She has a massive inferiority complex.

Psycho Pass episode 16, this may have been the best episode of this show so far. The ending also took us back to the beginning scene. Kinda unfortunate that the enforcer (probably) died, I liked him. The system is being exposed for what it is, who is the real enemy?

Kaguya Sama: Love is war episode 3, fun episode yet again, love the ending, was a nice touch.

Bermuda Triangle: Colourful Pastrale episode 3 It all feels a bit underwhelming but I am fascinated enough with some aspects to keep watching.

ENDRO! episode 3 Suitably cute and charming, this is slowly growing on me.

Fairy Tail: Final Season episode 293 This is...our battle!

Grimms Notes: The Animation episode 3 A two parter I see, well now I’ll have to keep watching. Also seeing those creatures and Cinderella gave me serious Kingdom Hearts vibes.

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War episode 3 A fun episode. I’ll Keep watching this too.

Radiant episode 17 Some fascinating and thought provoking stuff, though I feel like the adaptation in general has cut corners here and there-comments from manga readers have confirmed this which is a shame.

Outlaw Gangster VIP (Film) A solid film, and the first of six, so I’ll be working through them over time. 3.5/5

Grimgar: Ashes and Illusions episodes 1-9

SAO Alternative: Gun Gale Online ep5

It would be nice to see some more acknowledgement of the apparent disconnect between LLENN’s cutesy persona and the sheer brutality she is clearly capable of in battle - as is, it seems a bit out of nowhere when she does something more ‘advanced’ off her own bat.

Hyouka ep1-3

Probably just going to end up buying this, now that it’s no longer on Crunchyroll.

The Quintessential Quintuplets Episode 3
Kaguya-sama: Love Is War Episode 3
Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 16
Girly Air Force Episode 2

/umiko

Back