Your viewing journal

That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime ep4

Not exactly action packed this week, but I like that the art style shifts slightly so that the elves in Rimuru's mind's eye are proper 90s Lodoss War style characters.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind ep3

After next week, I think I may change to watching on alternative fridays, so I can get two episodes at a time. I like Part 5 so far, but it feels like an hour long format would be more satisfying, in terms of pace.

Dirty Pair ep16

The Prince and the Pauper shtick isn't exactly new, but the show has a lot of fun with it. I also increasingly wonder how much time was devoted purely to creating new outfits for Kei and Yuri - it feels like they have at least one entirely new costume every week.

Made in Abyss (English Dub) Episode 1—8
This show is really good. The art and animation is beautiful. I'm liking the whole fantasy and exploration side of it.

OVERLORD III (English Dub) Episode 13 (Complete)
Best season so far. Hopefully a 4th season isn't to far away. 4/5

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (English Dub) Episode 1

Conception: Please Give Birth to My Child! (Sub) Episode 3
WOW... to think they would go that far, A "Threesome" of all things. Yep this is approaching "Hentai" levels. That talking raccoon is really getting annoying.

Jingai-san no Yome (Sub) Episode 4
Seriouly, just exactly what is that thing, it looks like an invisible Mummy.

Xuan Yuan Sword Luminary episode 4
This is a bit meh but I like the characters so I'll stick with it a bit more.

Jingai-san no Yome episode 4
This is too short and because of that it doesn't give enough backstory as to why the getting married thing is all taken as being normal.

Run with the Wind episode 4
This is starting to feel like it might go a bit towards the generic side. Again, I like the characters so we'll see what happens.

The Girl in Twilight episode 3
I'm thinking of dropping this - it's just very very average. I'll give the fourth episode a watch today but if it wasn't already on then I wouldn't sit around waiting for the next episode.

Is The Order a Rabbit?? episode 7
Still not as good as the first series, and still got a similar feel to Kinmoza.

Conception ep 3
The plot invents a way to include a threesome, but does very little with it. Plenty of innuendo, but not that much in the way of ecchi. Then when they enter the dungeon at the end it cuts out the action.
Feels like a total waste of time. Dropped.

Tokyo Ghoul:re s2 e3
Some cool fights I suppose, but I either don't know or have forgotten who, most of these people are so don't particularly care about them.

Rascal/Bunny-senpai eps 1-4
I didn't watch this at first because the premise sounded a bit stupid (I realise Conception did as well, but I thought I'd watch it for a laugh) and it still is, but taking Adolescence Syndrome as a supernatural phenomenon it can be over looked much like the stuff that happens in Haruhi and Kokoro Connect which this gives off strong vibes of.
The characters are all great especially the main pair. Their relationship has great chemistry and feels quite realistic, bar the AS bit obviously. The forth episode seemed to be a little bit of a down turn, but was still very enjoyable. I guess we're going to get more different AS phenomenons as we go along, very much like KC.

Hanebado! (English Dub) Episode 13 (Complete)
This is one of the best sports series I've seen in a while. The show itself had everything you would expect from a sports anime, good art and animation, likeable characters, intense rivalries, plenty of action and drama. This was definitely worth watching. 3/5

Made in Abyss (English Dub) Episode 9—13 (Complete)
A really good series. I really liked it. 3/5

As Between the Sky and Sea (Sub) Episode 4
Ruby's first day with the team doesn't go smoothly.

As Miss Beelzebub Likes (Sub) Episode 3
This episode was just too adorable. That's definitely one assistant you don't want to make angry

My Sister, My Writer (Sub) Episode 3
That opening segment was so uncomfortable to watch, The rest of the episode was decent enough besides the animation quality.

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (Sub) Episode 4
A very enjoyable solid episode. Another AS phenomenon case, and some misunderstandings. After the first time reset, I was expecting this to end up like the "Endless Eight" scenario from Haruhi, but thankfully it didn't (thank goodness). I'm really curious to see the other AS phenomenons that we're about to get.

Revue Starlight Special (Sub) Episode 1

RErideD: Derrida, who leaps through time: episode 8 ehh.. okay nothing special.
Golden Kamuy Season 2: episode 3 good episode.
Skullface Honda-san: episodes 1-2 very funny.

Re-watching:
Wolfs Rain(Japanese Audio/Subbed,Blu-ray):
episodes 7-9 beautiful.

Rascal does not dream of Bunny Girl Senpai episode 4 More great banter and more relationship development...over and over again.

RErideD: Derrida who Leaps through Time episode 8 The ride continues.

31 Days of Halloween Day #24: Slugs (1988, Juan Piquer Simón) It’s a film about killer slugs eating people. If you find that entertaining then you’ll like this. I found it reasonably enjoyable with an exploding greenhouse being a particular highlight. The effects were decent as well, and whilst it’s nothing amazing, it’s better than I was expecting. 3/5

Shirobako episodes 10-24 (Complete. Another workplace based anime that really sat well with me. I liked how much more insight to the behind the scenes of making an anime. An especially interesting instance was a ruthless meeting for voice actors that boiled down to “popular sells”, the lack of care that most people had in the room was particularly frustrating.

The characters all felt fleshed out in the sense that they found aspirations and goals to try and achieve, as opposed to running on the spot for the duration of the anime. They also have to deal with having to redo everything from scratch on more than one occasion, and you really feel their pain. This is another one I highly recommend.) 4/5

Cells at Work ep9-10

Coming up for the end now. It’s been an enjoyable series.

Explorer Woman Ray ep1

Not a lot to it, but it’s quite nicely animated. I hear the same cannot be said of the second half, unfortunately.

Bunny Girl Whatsitface Episode 4
I do enjoy this but I can never remember the proper name. I've settled on Bunny Girl Whatsitface now.

Between The Sky and The Sea Episode 4
Dropped this one. The only thing keeping me watching it was the fact it was set in Hiroshima and it had things in it that I did when I was there like when they were sat at a table eating Hiroshimayaki with the spatula. It's really really average though and I can't be bothered with it anymore.

Banana Fish episode 16 A pretty funny episode this week. Some nice evasion techniques as well.

Merc StoriA: The Apathetic Boy and the Girl who lives in a Bottle episode 3 Another pleasant outing though Hits the fan by the ending.

Zombieland Sagas episode 4 The Manager acting normal is unsettling.

31 Days of Halloween Day #25: House (1985, Steve Miner) An entertaining haunted house movie that’s pretty damn funny and quirky at times. Quite a gem really. 4/5

Doctor Who: Spearhead From Space A story recorded entirely on 16mm meaning it got a nice Blu Ray release. It’s a solid first outing for Who in colour, with the signature shot of the autons breaking through shop windows and the first appearance of Dandy action man Jon Petwee, who sadly doesn’t get much to do for a while asides from act comedically. Thankfully once he gets going the Pertwee charm kicks in. This was one of the early serials I owned on DVD so I’ll always have a soft spot for it. 3.5/5

Last edited:
A Certain Magical Index III (English Dub) Episode 1

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight (English Dub) Episode 1

Merc Storia: The Apathetic Boy and the Girl in a Bottle (Sub) Episode 3
A rather pleasant episode, tho by the ending things get ominous.

Zombie Land Saga (Sub) Episode 4
A normal acting manager is a weird manager. The poor woman, she didn't deserve that, it was still funny in a slightly twisted way.

Zombieland Saga Episode 4
I don't think this'll top the second episode, but it seems to be the only one I look forward to each week.

SSSS.Gridman Episode 3
Only just got round to watching this, but it was okay.

Banana Fish Episode 16

Gamers! Episode 8

ZOMBIE LAND SAGA ep 4
Seems like the steam it gathered in the first 2 episodes is running out. Quite generic bonding scene with one wacky moment (also seemed to be an advert for the town in Saga they went to), very generic idol scene with a slightly wacky moment and an admittedly funny sequence, but still nothing as good as the first 2 episodes.

Back