Your viewing journal

Attack on Titan s2 e7-12 (complete)
Didn't answer any of the questions from the first season and the twist half way through (which I still think is a bit weird) and a few other things that happened just lead to more unanswered questions.
The action was good still and there was a bit of backstory for some of the side characters, but this season wasn't as good as the first.
7/10

Encouragement of Climb s1 e1-12 plus special (complete)
Fun show of short episodes that put together come to no more than a couple of normal length episodes, but the story progresses nicely and there's some nice growth on the part of Aoi thanks to Hinatas encouragement!
7/10

As I keep forgetting...

Darling in the FRANXX Episodes 23 and 24
Today's Menu for the Emiya Family Episode 7
Working Buddies Season 1, Episodes 1-12 (and 13)
Chio's School Road Episodes 1 and 2
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Episode 1
Cells at Work! Episodes 1 and 2
Asobi Asobase - workshop of fun - Episodes 1 and 2
Gintama Episode 354
Late night! The Genius Bakabon Episode 1
Mr. TONEGAWA Middle Management Blues Episodes 1 and 2

I have to say Crunchyroll's streaming problems over the past fortnight or so is irritating me and I'm not watching as much I would like... :/

/umiko

Free! Dive to the Future episode 2 A sports anime wouldn't be complete without a character's desire to be stronger. Some nice visuals here as well.

GATE episodes 7-24 (Complete. A very enjoyable blend of fantasy and action with some great ideas and a solid exectution. It's a shame that the second half suffered a bit from some rushed episodes in the middle and a rather uninteresting villain.

Nevertheless it was still a fun series and I enjoyed the cast as well. The ending wasn't that great though there is further material they could adapt in the future.) 4/5 (First cour 4/5 second cour 3.5/5)

Gintama episodes 64-65

South Park Season Three (Rewatch) episodes 1-9

High School DxD Hero (Dub) Episode 11

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory (Sub) Episode 11 - 12 (Complete)

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san (Sub) Episode 1 - 6

Joshiochi!: 2-kai kara Onnanoko ga... Futtekita!? (Uncensored) Episode 3

Tachibanakan To Lie Angle (Uncensored) Episode 1 - 12 (Complete)

Overlord III (Sub) Episode 2

Fate/Zero episodes 15-25 - Yeah I sure did suffer watching this. To be able to build such a great cast that you already know won't survive the season and then blow your expectations in the most painful ways is just plain brutal. As a fan of PMMM I knew going in that Urobuchi would handle this well and he didn't disappoint. As of watching this series ufotable may just be one of my top studios considering their working conditions and the quality of work they produce with animation and digital effects far exceeding most series (and no it's not because they have a high budget).

After the disappointment that was Deen’s Fate/Stay Night adaptation it was a relief to see ufotable take the reins of the franchise and with this I look forward to watching Unlimited Blade Works and maybe revisiting Apocrypha sometime now that I understand the Fate series better. 9/10

Steins;Gate 0 episode 14 – The suffering continues.

Happy Sugar Life episode 1 – Pretty interesting starting episode with some good direction so far. From what I’ve heard of the manga this story is quite the trip so I’ll stick with this one for now.

Girls’ Last Tour episode 12 – What a finale to a great series. Like I said before this is essentially Kino’s Journey with added moe as two girls traverse a post-apocalyptic world with each episode focusing on philosophical themes. Seeing as I’m a fan of CGDCT and Kino’s Journey of course I’d love this kind of show. Sound direction was the biggest highlight with a nice soundtrack and good vocal performances. Hoping for a season 2. 9/10

Steins;Gate 0 (episode 14)
The story continues.
Happy Sugar Life (episode 1)
The end of this first episode was very unexpected for me so I'll be sticking with this one.
The Asterisk War (season 1) (1-12) (complete)
Netflix put up the two seasons listed on MaL as one season (1-24) so on to the next.
Space Battleship Tiramisu (EX1)
The first of the specials released with the BD (apparently). Wasn't that special, but I like the way it fit in with the other stuff.
Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion (1-2)
I really enjoyed this. Someone said previously about how the filter they put over the art works well for stills making it look like a painting, but when there's motion it doesn't work too well. It looks more like blotches on the TV screen when that happens as if its layered above the animation, but it feels like they've tried something different so hats off for that at least. Enjoyed the story and the concept though so I'll be sticking with this one.

EDIT
Forgot this one
Seven Senses of The Re'Union (1-2) (on hold)
Too much like Sword Art Online and a bit crap really, but I want to see what happens and given how light it is I'm gonna put this one on hold for a bit and watch a few at a time later on in the season.

Last edited:
Planet With - Episode 2

Still intrigued by Planet With but the jokes about Soya never getting any meat to eat are already starting to wear thin.

Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Flash Back 2012 (Blu-ray)

A re-watch for the next episode of the mecha podcast.

Dimension W 2-end
Find the idea of drawing energy like that intriguing. Wish they had been a little more specific rather than leaving the concept so vague.

Review Starlight ep 1
For the first 2/3s it seems to be a SoL about girls at dance/drama school then it, um, twisted slightly. Intriguing!

Encouragement of Climb s2 e1-12
That escalated (or should that be elevated) quickly. I don't think taking a noob up Mount Fuji on her 4th mountain climb at over twice the height of her 3rd was the best idea!

Banana Fish ep 3

Dirty Pair ep8

While I dimly remember this one, I did not recall it being so epic. Kei and Yuri storming the prison facility is like a Metal Gear game distilled into ten minutes.

Banana Fish episode 3 This series manages to blend style with dark themes quite well. Decent cliffhanger too.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 65 Probably the best episode so far, felt like old times mixed in with the new.

Gintama episodes 66-81

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san (Sub) Episode 7 - 12 + OVA + Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W (Sub) Episode 1 - 12 + OVA + Haiyore! Nyaruko-san F OVA (Sub)(Complete)
A decent rom-com about a High school boy and his encounter with an alien girl and their daily lives together. The show does have it's funny moments especially when it includes references and parodies to other shows. An enjoyable series nonetheless. 8/10

Back