Your viewing journal

I agree it's one of my least favourite anime original arcs, will likely skip it on my rewatch before i watch Kyoto Arc, still it's worth watching to see what you think of it.

tsuritama episodes 1-7

Amagami SS+ (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-10

Here's my current plans for the rest of the week:
  • Tuesday: More Assassination Classroom episodes & finish the last three remaining episodes of Amagami SS+
  • Wednesday: More Blue Exorcist episodes & start a 1-cour title from the on-disc backlog
  • Thursday: More Assassination Classroom episodes & more of the untitled 1-cour title
  • Friday: Finish Blue Exorcist, finish Assassination Classroom, & watch a film from the on-disc backlog
  • Saturday: Finish the untitled 1-cour title and ???

Fate/Extra: Last Encore ep1-3

I know this one didn't get the best reception from those who watched it while it was airing, but I kind of like it? It feels exactly how you'd expect Shaft adapting a handheld Fate game to turn out, with its obstruse dialogue, weird camera angles and oddball visual effects, but I rather appreciate that - I think it has a more distinctive, unusual flavour than the likes of Fate/Apocrypha, which might as well have been A.N. Other Fighting Show.

I think it’s because I’m experienced with the game is why I liked it, as it doesn’t explain stuff well but I also do love that it’s directed by Madoka’s

Dropkick On my Devil! episode 1 Comedic and quirky. Looks like Amazon Instant Video will get some usage this season.

Holmes of Kyoto episode 1 An intriguing blend of comfy SoL and mystery. Was interesting seeing things unfold here.

Kakuriyo -Bed&Breakfast for Spirits- episode 15 Feels like deja-vu, Aoi gets in a big cliffhanger, cliffhanger somewhat resolved, and almost everyone's a d*ck to her. Hopefully this doesn't lead to a tedious second half.

Phantom in the Twilight episode 1 This wasn't quite what I was expecting but it's decent enough to give a chance.

Steins;Gate Zero (Dub) episode 11 Much better than last episode. Mysteries continue to pile up and bonds are strengthened.

Azumanga Daioh episodes 20-26 (Complete. Cute and likeable, this is something of a classic or comedy/SoL anime and I can see how it inspired other series' such as Nichijou. This is one that should be seen by any fan of comedy anime or CGDCT/SoL.) 4/5

Baka and Test-Summon the Beasts 2 episodes 1-3

Dropkick on My Devil (episode 1)
This episode started out seeming a bit average but its funny and has a tendency to break the fourth wall a bit. Will add to list.

Holmes of Kyoto (episode 1)
I'll give this a few episodes to get a feel for it but so far wasn't really impressed :confused:

Berserk 2016 season 2 1-end
Wasn’t bad, would love to see what comes next.

Touken ranbu: hanamaru 1-8
Not sure what I expected from this one but am enjoying it so far.

Darling in the franxx 4-9
Very enjoying it so far.

Caught up on:
Steins gate 0
Basilisk the sequel that shouldn’t exist
Black clover
Kakuriyo
Golden kamuy
FMP season 4
Hinamatsuri
Dances with the dragons.

Freezing Vibrations Ep 1-4
My Hero Academia S3 Ep 1-5 (I think)

Saw a random ep of Franxx (a wedding one) so I'm pondering picking that up when I eventually get Funi Now :)

Overlord S3 ep1 - great opening episode a real change of pace with some laughs at the end. I enjoyed seeing more of the guardians and more Albedo.

Lupin lll V ep 14 - when the series gets serious like this it's at its best.

Encouragement of Climb (Sub) Episode 1 - 13 (Complete) + Encouragement of Climb 2nd Season (Sub) Episode 1 - 7
I've been wanting to watch this for a while now and finally decided to give it a watch. So far an enjoyable watch for a SoL series that kinda reminded me of Yuru Camp without the camping and focuses more on the Mountain climbing. Only downside IMO is that the episodes are to short.

Holmes of Kyoto (Sub) Episode 1
A intriguing mix of SoL and mystery. It will be interesting to see how the whole series unfolds.

Joshiochi!: 2-kai kara Onnanoko ga... Futtekita!? (Uncensored) Episode 1 - 2

Overlord III (Sub) Episode 1
More Ainz, more Albedo, Enough said. Afteral this is Overlord we're talking about.

Amagami_SS_-_2.gif
Amagami_SS_-_2.gif

Amagami SS+ (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-13 (Complete)

Amagami SS+ was a great addition to the previous series, adding 2 extra episodes for each of the main female love interests and a bonus episode full of fanservice fun. This season is more or less an epilogue, set after the events of the previous series.

On-disc backlog remaining:
1-cour:
  • ef ~ A Tale of Melodies
  • ef ~ A Tale of Memories
  • Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
  • Lord Marksman and Vanadis
  • Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 1
  • Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
  • Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers-
  • Spice & Wolf Season 1
  • Spice & Wolf Season 2
2-cour:
  • Assassination Classroom Season 1 *Currently Watching*
  • Black Butler Season 1
  • Blue Exorcist *Currently Watching*
  • Claymore
  • Gundam Reconguista in G
  • Ouran High School Host Club
  • Outlaw Star
Films:
  • 009 Re:Cyborg
  • The Anthem of the Heart
  • Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Movie 1: Past
  • Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Movie 2: Future
  • The Case of Hana & Alice
  • Children Who Chase Lost Voices
  • Fuse: Memoirs of a Hunter Girl
  • Gurren Lagann Movie 1: Childhood's End
  • Gurren Lagann Movie 2: The Lights in the Sky are Stars
  • In This Corner of the World
  • Mai Mai Miracle
  • Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin I
  • Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin II
  • Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin III
  • Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin IV
  • Psychic School Wars
  • Sword Art Online: Extra Edition
  • Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Last edited:
Black Clover episode 40 I'm not sure what's more disappointing, this being a beach episode or them getting rid of the only decent OP they've had so far.

Mr. TONEGAWA Middle Management Blues episode 2 This is very odd and rather tonally different from Kaiji. I'll give it another episode to get moving and then maybe just leave it on the backburner depending on how I feel.

Overlord III episode 1 A solid start to what I hope is another very good season.

Baka and Test-Summon the Beasts 2 episodes 4-13 (Complete. Another fun season though with a lacklustre and repetitive set of episodes, namely the school trip arc. This time around they try and develop some relationships beyond slapstick and cliched misunderstanding humour, and it seems like it's building to a climax that never got adapted. Overall it's a fun series, worth checking out for sure.) 3.5/5

Bakuon!! episodes 1-3

Fate/Stay Night episodes 7-12

Also checked out several scenes from Ufotable's Unlimited Blade Works adaptation and now I'm motivated to power through Studio Deen's Fate adaptation just to watch that

Girls' Last Tour episodes 9-10

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs OVA - An preview of the kind of shenanigans we can expect in the main series. Lewder than expected.

Holmes of Kyoto episode 1 - I sure do love my slice-of-life shows. Sign me up

Overlord III (episode 1)
As expected really. Were there more maids in that than usual?

Banana Fish (episode 1)
Quite a good first episode and it looks like it could be interesting but this is one I think would work better in dub.

Starship Troopers - Episodes 1 - 3

I had only seen the first 2 episodes on a VHS fansub over 20 years ago previously and have been meaning to watch it for ages, so far a really good adaptation of the book.

Planet With - Episode 1

An interesting start.

Back