Your viewing journal

Trinity Blood episodes 1-24

It's a great series, but you can tell that it left out a lot of story due to the fact you suddenly get episodes that somehow expect you to know facts that where never presented, and the ending scenes made no sense at all like suddenly skipped a volume or 2. I'll probably end up picking up the manga in the future, and try and enjoy the proper thing.

Sword Art Online 2 (complete) (re-watch)
Waiting for Ordinal Scale to come now

Caught up on the simulcasts for:
Steins;Gate Zero
SAO Gun Gale Alternative
(or whatever its called)
Crossing Time
Space Battleship Tiramisu

And finally got round to watching the first four episodes of D-Frag.

Comic Girls ep 6
Quite funny episode of 2 halves. First up a new manga artist who draws horror manga and likes scaring Choas-chan so she can draw the reactions and then an otaku teacher.

WotaKoi ep 5
Another new character in this show as well. I was trying to work out what game they were playing, maybe Super Smash Bros?

TadaKoi ep 6
We learn Teresas secret, but has she fallen for Tada-kun and he for her. Either way it seems it'll be difficult for them.

Megalo Box ep 6
That was a brutal fight, but Joe got up from a seemingly knock out punch one too many times for me. Aragaki got his closure in the end dispite having to pull out.

Comic Girls ep 6
Quite funny episode of 2 halves. First up a new manga artist who draws horror manga and likes scaring Choas-chan so she can draw the reactions and then an otaku teacher.

WotaKoi ep 5
Another new character in this show as well. I was trying to work out what game they were playing, maybe Super Smash Bros?

TadaKoi ep 6
We learn Teresas secret, but has she fallen for Tada-kun and he for her. Either way it seems it'll be difficult for them.

Megalo Box ep 6
That was a brutal fight, but Joe got up from a seemingly knock out punch one too many times for me. Aragaki got his closure in the end dispite having to pull out.
Yeah I noticed that, sounds like they're playing Smash and Hirotaka's brother picked one of the worst characters in the roster.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 57 Though his cheating streak continues, Boruto using his own lightning was a nice touch.

Comic Girls episode 6 Horror elements and more perviness from Kaos. Also a new best girl.

Megalo Box episode 6 A solid episode, Joe takes a ton though, what is he made of (outside of plot armour;))

Wotakoi: Love is hard for Otaku episode 5 Fun times with Hirotaka's little brother. I like how issues are solved within each episode instead of being dragged on for several through misunderstandings-it's like the series features adults who actually communicate their feelings or something. I appreciate them nipping this shite cliche in the bud.

Princess Mononoke (Film) A sublime fantasy film that has a great sense of lore, gritty and mature violence and an interesting environmental message that doesn't feel preachy due how it's integrated into the narrative.The animation is also gorgeous, and this is one of the best looking of the Ghibli films. This is a film well deserving of its praise, and one I'll look forward to revisiting in the future.) 4/5

Darling in the FranXX (Dub) Episode 15

Hinamatsuri (Dub) Episode 3

Comic Girls (Sub) Episode 6

Dances with the Dragons (Sub) Episode 6

Doreiku The Animation (Sub) Episode 5

Megalo Box (Sub) Episode 6

Tada Never Falls in Love (Sub) Episode 6

Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku (Sub) Episode 5

Mary and The Witch's Flower
I really liked this. The only negative I keep seeing from people is that its very childish, but it is a kids film so its sort of to be expected. Still, a mate of mine was of the belief that it was not "moments of minor peril" but in fact "moments of mild peril".
It was very Studio Ghibli, and had some Spirited Away, some Mononoke and some Laputa with a bit of Naussica thrown in for good measure. I don't think that's a bad thing though, and I want a cat now. 4/5 for me.

Doreiku The Animation (Dub) Episode 3

Kakuriyo: Bed and Breakfast for Spirits (Dub) Episode 4

25-sai no Joshikousei (Sub) Episode 1 - 12 (Uncensored)

Akkun to Kanojo (Sub) Episode 6

Beatless (Sub) Episode 17

Hinamatsuri (Sub) Episode 6

Isekai Izakaya: Japanese Food from Another World (Sub) Episode 5 - 6

Katana Maidens (Sub) Episode 18

Lostorage conflated WIXOSS (Sub) Episode 6

Magical Girl Site (Sub) Episode 6

Record of Grancrest War (Sub) Episode 18

Hinamatsuri episode 6 Meeting Adachi's family. His sister's a riot. Also a sad story involving Anzu and the homeless group.

My Sweet Tyrant episode 6 More meeting of family.

Psycho-Pass (Rewatch) episodes 1-5

To live and die in LA (Film) A sublime thriller from acclaimed auteur William Friedkin. I love films like this where the plot is direct and simple but everything else has a style to it. The soundtrack by Wang Chung is also a highlight, and the ending is superb. 4.5/5

Megalobox ep6 - Enjoyed that more than last week's, it was good to see Aragaki developed a bit beyond the violent, haunted veteran archetype. Also appreciated the fight extending across most of the episode this time.

Hinamatsuri ep6 - I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but there seems to be particularly good animation on some of the character movement in this series. Noticed it on Anzu towards the end of the ep this week.

To live and die in LA (Film) A sublime thriller from acclaimed auteur William Friedkin. I love films like this where the plot is direct and simple but everything else has a style to it. The soundtrack by Wang Chung is also a highlight, and the ending is superb. 4.5/5

I really need to see that - I'm a big fan of the French Connection, and I'm borderline obsessed with Sorcerer.

Back