Your viewing journal

DJeJibgX0AArh02.jpg

Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul
(Japanese audio) - Episodes 4-6

My Love Story-Episodes 2-4

This is the most adorable thing.

Fate/Apocrypha-Episode 11

I'm really beginning to question what the point of Ruler being here is. All she seems to do is kind of meander around the battlefield getting targeted by the servants for reasons I can't fathom.

Lupin the Third Part II episodes 27-40 [On Hold] Good stuff so far, now to wait for the second part to be available and at a decent price.

Riding Bean
This was the first time I'd seen this, and it was a lot of fun to watch with its OTT car chases and shootouts. Also, I have... rather a fondness for Kenichi Sonada's designs!

AnimEigo have done such a fantastic job with this BD: the picture is pin-sharp, and the subs are absolutely spot on. And it's got THREE commentary tracks, so I'm looking forward to those as well.

Tokyo Marble Chocolate (rewatch)
I already raved about this here when I watched it the first time, so I'd better not repeat myself!

Sword Art Online (dub - rewatch)
I can't really bring myself to watch the sub of this. I just got used to the characters speaking in english and now that's how I think of them.
Sword Art Online 2 Eps 1 - 10 (dub - rewatch)
Preferred the first one. Ordinal Scale hints at a third though.

As much as millenialoids insist that it's really original and anything involving being trapped in a game is immediately compared to SAO (because that did it first apparently), yeah it's been done before but I think it's the characters that make it for me more than anything. The majority of episodes are just in a "problem of the week" format and are nothing complex, but again I think it's the characters that make it appealing to me.

Ulysses 31 complete
I remember as a kid this seemed to go on forever and that they never got back to earth, but I guess they did (in a fairly underwhelming final episode).

Each episode is a problem of the week some of which where samey and they never seemed to progress much either towards their goal (just aimlessly wondering about with hardly any of the people they meet giving them clues for forward progress) or in character arcs.

Overall it was a nice trip down memory lane with some good episodes, but probably won't be back again.

Ulysses 31 complete

When I watched Ulysses in January , it was the first time in more than 20 years. I was hesitant to watch it as I had such fond memories of it. I agree with your final sentence, it had some good episodes and for me as a whole it stood up pretty well.

I will add that I have to applaud the effort of the guy who remastered it on youtube, he did a cracking job.

I'll definitely be back to watch it again, though it probably won't be that soon. The way it reimagines the greek myths is great and while it has its flaws I just love the sheer amount of imagination in every aspect of the show, the soundtrack is also used really well. I guess the finale could be a bit better but hey.... at least it had an ending unlike the majority of animated shows airing at the time.

Yeah regarding what you were saying Orgun I'm pretty sure the guy who remastered it works in film and TV as his proper job so he must have some decent skills considering the state of the materials he was working with and the fact he's patched it together from different sources.

Oh yeah viewing. Got through more Armoured Trooper Votoms (Episodes 29-37) (rewatch)
Also just watched your favourite Orgun: Detonator Orgun OVA Episode 1 (Look out for the review soon!) (rewatch)

@orgun Still enjoying Outlaw Star? was Knights and Magic good?

Last edited:
The Ancient Magus' Bride OVA 3

:D I wasn't aware that was out, I'll make sure to add that to my list of things to watch, Loved the first Episode

-----------------

Seasonal things:

Aho-Girl - Up to Date
Centaurs Life - Up to Date
Netsuzou Trap - Up to Date (Wow that was pretty brutal lol)
New Game - Up to Date
Tsuredeure Children - Up to Date

Hina Logic - Next up, Episode 8
Restaurant to Another World - Next up, Episode 10

------------------

Currently on hold

Hinneko - Next up, Episode 9 - after a month on hold I might watch this soon
Sailor Moon R - Next up, Episode 17 - Haven't watched this since... june?

Back