Your viewing journal

FullMetal Alchemist ep erm... 36 ish? The story is completely divergent from the Brotherhood version now, and I really don't know what will happen anymore. I can't help but think that Brotherhood has a better story though.

Hunter x Hunter episodes 124-148 (Complete. So far so good, each of the arcs were very good, though the Chimera Ant arc dragged a bit due to its shounen leanings of long battles. The ending of said and its consequences however were very effective. Overall this is highly recommended, I'm currently reading the manga too, shame about the Haitus...) 4/5

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt - Episode 8 [Series 2 Final]

I've watched this a couple of times now, I just feel that Thunderbolt lost its way a little in the last couple of episodes.

Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean (English dub) - Episodes 13-15

That's right this show was also among the few I never finished off (last time I watched episode 12 was back in October/November 2013). However I couldn't continue it without finishing the original Eureka Seven. The first half of AO can be watched without any knowledge of the original, however from episode 13 onwards you'll need it. And this show is a mess for the most part, especially with the timeline and setting.

NTR: Netsuzou Trap-Episode 3

Going dangerously close into straight territory for a second there. I'm getting worried.

Strawberry Marshmallow-Episodes 11 and 12 + Episode 0 OVA (Complete)

Really liked this, ordered the OVA BDs today.

The Tower of Druaga: The Sword of Uruk-Episodes 5-8

Doctor Who: The Web of Fear episodes 1-6
Gonna try and watch a random serial of Classic Who every few day or so, it's been a while and I have every (existing) story on DVD so might as well.

Boruto: Naruto next Generations episode 16

Is it wrong to pick up girls in a Dungeon? Episodes 1-7

FMP Fumoffu 11-12

Best piece of FMP I watched so far.

Psycho pass S2 5-11

Finally decided to watch it until the end, first season was so much better.. also hard to find some character worse than Mika, crazy.
I will watch the movie in the near future, when I find the time.

Then the on going stuff of the day...

Classroom of the elite 2 (great)
Hajimete no Gal 2 (guilty pleasure)
Sakurada Reset 16 (meh)

Dropped the yuri NTR show (the smartphone anime as well, but that was yesterday), the main duo wasn't likable at all.. Citrus can't come soon enough.

AHO-GIRL, Episode 3

Upper cuts, Oversized Dogs, Locally Produced Bananas, Yoshiko doing what mom does to cheer up dad at night...Just another Day in the Life of AHO-GIRL!

Teekyu 3, Episodes 1 - 12 [Rewatched]

Last edited:
One punch man eps 1&2 i've been buying collections from my patch & parrot days and i think i have most of the ones i liked now. My brother liked watching OPM before so i thought he'd watch it if i got it. He said I've seen it before, i put the dub on and he remembered how awesome the series was! I had dirt in my special suit area gimme a minute...

Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean (English dub) - Episodes 16-21

bcf.png

The Master of Martial Hearts-Episodes 1-5 (Complete)

I bought this show because I knew it wasn't going to be the trashiest thing ever, and it handily met my every expectation. Objectively, it is terrible, with a paper thin story line that only serves as justification to strip its cast, a totally bland ensemble of unmemorable characters, subpar animation that looked crap even back in 2008 and even fan service that fails to deliver, with the boobs themselves looking pretty terrible and definitely acting in ways that boobs should not. Despite all that though, I couldn't hate it. Not really. It was so unabashed and unashamed of what it was trying to be, that I just couldn't bring myself to dislike it. It aimed low and hit its target dead on, and you can't really dislike something that's not even trying to be good in the first place. I was never bored at any point, and at a scant 5 episodes, it didn't really overstay its welcome. Oh, and then there's the ending. It was awful, but in a trainwreck you can't look away from kind of way. Not only is it weirdly convoluted and nonsensical, it's also a massively dark and downright mean spirited ending that I can't help appreciate on a 'holy **** I can't even believe they did this' level. The ending itself is so bad it actually comes around to being good again in just how absurd and ridiculous it is in it's attempts at being 'edgy'. Honestly, this is an awful show, but I still kind of enjoyed it, in a weird way. If you have ~2 hours to kill and fancy literally the trashiest and most unrepentantly dumb anime ever, then you could probably do worse.

Sakura Quest-Episode 16

Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

I not sure you would know it was a Makoto Shinkai if you came to it blind. His other films I've seen have a slightly different look to them, this one being a bit more Ghibli-esque, but not quite capturing the spirit. The closest story wise would probably be Laputa with the story of
the search for a lost civilisation and a power that shouldn't be used, but less fun, i.e. no sky pirates, and no real bad guys either.

The theme of searching for something/one lost was there, but
with Asuna and Shun it never really got established properly for you to care. Morisakis search was more heartfelt even if his back story was fairly short.

I liked it well enough, but not as much as his other work.

Nadia Secret of Blue Water - Episodes 22-34
Now to be fair, I only watched 22,23, 30, 31 & 34. 22 heads into my favorite anime episode list
I was completely blindsided by every revelation. I thought Nemo must've knew her Dad but that'd be it! Bloody hell & Electra..poor soul. I'm further convinced that the emperor must be Nadia's brother given Nemo. Hmmm
23 was a test for the filler arc that led me to skipping to 30 & 31 which for the main plot points were super interesting, everything else ..not so much. Episode 34 I watched to see the infamous musical episode which I ultimately regretted. Hoping to sit down and finish off the show tomorrow.

Doctor Who: The Greatest show in the Galaxy episodes 1-4

Is it wrong to pick up girls in a Dungeon?
Episodes 8-13 (Complete. This was a fun little fantasy series with decent characters (I did find Bell a little generic but I'm sure he'll develop as the story progresses) and an interesting world. Whenever the continuation of the main story comes out I'll gladly watch it) 3.5/5

Back