Your viewing journal

Just finished the Akatsuki Supression Arc of Naruto Shippuden (so up to episode 89). Gonna skip straight through to the next main arc which is the Itachi pursuit mission; filler be damned.

Tokyo Esp episodes 4-12 (Completed, enjoyed the series and will check out the manga at some point) 4/5

Penguindrum episodes 1-2

Last edited:
Capeta - Episodes 47 - 52 [Final]

An OK series overall, entertaining but predictable in places and a downright chore in others.

Penguindrum episodes 3-24 (Completed, boy this anime goes dark as hell at one point and then just moves on without much repercussion, aside from that, it was very weird but fun, and managed to be serious and tense when it needed to be) 4/5

ClassicaLoid s1 ep 24-25 (complete). I loved the silly little touches in this series, like Bach's Travolta-style disco pose at the end. The whole series is silly nonsense, and varies wildly in how entertaining it is, but I enjoyed it enough to watch season 2 later this year. I may have actually learned some stuff about classical music too, which is remarkable in all kinds of ways.

Ergo Proxy ep 17-25 (rewatch complete). Oooooh that's some good anime right there. And what an ending, the 'creators' (humans) are coming back from space to reclaim the Earth, but don't know that death is literally waiting for them. It almost makes me wish for a second season, but I somehow doubt that it could do the first season justice. One of my top ten favourite anime.

Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend s1 ep 1-12 (rewatch complete) & ep 0. Just a quick rewatch ahead of the second season. I'd forgotten how much this series ogles the girls, it was certainly eye opening :D

The Eccentric Family s1 ep 11-13 (complete). Not bad. Good character building, especially in the middle episodes, and a fun story. But I can't help but feel that maybe these tanuki's should give up pretending to be humans and just be what they are naturally, it was only a matter of time before one of them got a bit too 'human' in their actions (and ambitions), making this whole tragedy inevitable.

Now that that's all done I should really get started on the new season shows. Why am I always two weeks behind? :rolleyes:

Eromanga Sensei ep 1. All I can say about it at this point is "yep, that's gonna be exactly like Oreimo".
Seriously, even the ending of the first episode has hints that the loli harem is already taking shape.

Fate/Zero rewatch ep 1-4. This is still bloody amazing. The end scene of the first episode still sends chills down my back, and 2011 animation looking better than pretty much everything being produced right now just goes to show that Ufotable are still many vertical miles above the competition when they pull out all the stops.

Bleach-Episodes 349 and 350

Orihime's personality is giving me whiplash.

Clockwork Planet-Episode 2

I'm not really digging this at all. Kind of annoyed me how they don't explain how the military thought it was a good idea to purge 20 million people and are generally super vague about it.

Paprika (Blu-ray)

I haven't seen this since I bought 6 or 7 years ago, still think this is a great film.

ACCA 13 - Episodes 1 - 3

I quite liked the look of ACCA 13 and Lewis enjoyed it so I thought I'd give it a go, quite like it so far.

Back