Your viewing journal

Time for some simulcast catching up!

Bananya
-Episode 7

"Black Bananya, you're too black!"

I'm not sure I feel comfortable watching this show anymore...

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable-Episode 21

I cannot wait to see Kira's stand.

Love Live Sunshine!!-Episode 7

Still loving Hanamaru. Her miner outfit was pretty great!

Berserk (2016)-Episode 8

The brief sequence that was entirely 2D makes me sad the whole show wasn't done in the same style. The shading gave it a really great and unique look.

New Game!-Episode 7

There aren't enough medical exam episodes of anime!

Last edited:
Rainbow Days 10 - 24
Kuromukuro ep 7 - 9
Servamp ep 7
Danganronpa 3 Future Arc ep 6
Danganronpa 3 Despair Arc ep 6
Handa-kun ep 7
Rewrite ep 8
Food Wars Second Plate ep 8

Time to catch up!

Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Second Plate (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-8
Alderamin on the Sky (Japanese audio) - Episodes 5-7

Still have 91 Days, Amanchu! and Mob Psycho 100 left to catch up with.

Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit / Seirei no Moribito Episodes 1-26.

I've added some thoughts in the rating thread, here.

I really enjoyed the show and it's certainly one I'd recommend (and not just for Fantasy fans).

I'm somewhat behind on simulcasts and such, need to get catching up.

Free! Iwatobi Swim Club (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-3

I honestly enjoyed watching these first few episodes. It's actually not as bad as people are making it out to be. The characters are all great and the OP/ED is pretty cool too. The story I found to be pretty interesting so I'm curious to see how the first season ends. Also that belly-flop lol.

It's actually not as bad as people are making it out to be.
Because none of those people actually watch show and project their insecurities because half naked guys. If they were little girls it would be kawaii tho.

Because none of those people actually watch show and project their insecurities because half naked guys. If they were little girls it would be kawaii tho.
To be fair, I think there are plenty of people who misjudge shows that involve "little girls" without watching them as well.

To be honest, what surprises me is how seriously many of these sorts of assumptions are taken despite a lack of supporting evidence. I suppose they are sometimes supported by "evidence" being spun in a certain way but I'd expect people these days to have a tendency not to take such things at face value. It's kind of sad to think that might be optimistic.

Amon: Apocalypse of Devilman (2000)

A disappointing conclusion to what I suppose is the main canon for the Devilman anime, having only a fraction of the surreal charm (and animation budget) of the previous two. Its vision of society descending into chaos hits a few interesting notes (Ryo's appearance on a news broadcast reminded me of the ever present scientific talking heads in Romero's Dawn of the Dead), but this is mostly just a gratuitous snapshot of the manga's goriest scenes with little redeeming value - it can't even offer the proper ending, stopping just short of the climactic fight.

Re:Zero - Episode 20 - Something about this episode bothered me, the whole battle thing just looked and felt pretty weird tbh. Good "HA" moment at the end though.

Mob Psycho 100 - Episode 6 - It kinda bothers me that I never really have anything to say about this show lol I like it enough, but I always just say that it had it's funny moments and I love it's visuals, so yeah there's that I guess.

91 Days - Episode 6 - It's 3am and I really want lasagna after watching this (hold the teeth ta), and all things considered that's pretty odd.

Last edited:
Orange-Episodes 7 and 8

Episode 7: That last scene was superb. Perhaps a little blunt with Suwa just straight up asking about Kakeru's suicidal thoughts but it still had a great emotional impact.

Episode 8: I do kind of wish they'd push the Hagita/Azu relationship more. They keep hinting and teasing it but I really think they need to get a shift on an actually make it happen.

Re:Zero-Episodes 20 and 21

Episode 20: Oh boy, that ending. Can't wait to see tonight's episode.

Episode 21: Another excellent spectacle episode. Again, I cannot wait for the next one, these last 4 episodes are going to be fantastic.

Mob Psycho 100-Episode 6

Much like, @Buzzkillington, I'm also a little bit at a loss for words when it comes to this show, as I'd just be repeating myself every week. Excellent visuals and comedy as usual. Curious as to the direction the story is heading now.

Last edited:

I honestly enjoyed watching these first few episodes. It's actually not as bad as people are making it out to be.

I admit, I felt that same way when I first watched Free!. I was expecting a fanservice heavy series with little quality otherwise and was instead surprised by how much I enjoyed the humour and, for the most part, the characters/character dynamics. It's a simple plotline but it serves the tone of the series well enough, and the show itself is quite pretty and has nice music. In the end it was pretty much what I'd expected from a Kyoto series - and not in a bad way.

Kuromukuro ep 10 - 13
The Heroic Legend of Arslan ep 30 - 33
Heroic Age ep 1 - 3
Kanon ep 1 - 3
Tales of Zestiria X ep 7
Orange ep 5 - 7
The Morose Mononokean ep 8
Amanchu ep 7

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (Japanese audio) - Episode 21
Amanchu! (Japanese audio) - Episodes 6-7

CqaRBwjWgAEwJEW.jpg

Hhhhnnnngggg

Free! Iwatobi Swim Club (Japanese audio) - Episodes 4-6

More Rei swim fails lol.

Haru's love story was pretty funny. The anime showed a silhouette of a naked girl but Haru was more fascinated by the waterfall lol.

Alderamin on the Sky ep 7.

Amanchu
ep 7. Truly a healing anime.

Berserk s2 ep 8.

Handa-kun ep 7. This is how religions start...

Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia ep 7.

Mobile Suit Gundam ep 12-16. Some remarkably nice animation here, considering the show's age.

The Highschool Life of a Fudanshi ep 7.

Bananya-Episode 8

PsxPxaI.png

Love Live Sunshine!-Episode 8

Hoorah, an episode that can't be directly equated story wise to the first series! Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think µ's ever really failed so hard as Aquours did here, barring their debut concert, which already had a Sunshine equivalent, so that's kind of refreshing. Also, making their rival group almost Babymetal-esque was pretty great.

Hanayamata-Episodes 1-4

I'm not sure I can articulate why but I'm 100% in love with this show already. It's giving me stomach fuzzies the likes of which I haven't felt since my initial viewing of Kiniro Mosaic...

New Game!-Episode 8

I was hoping for more Nene so this episode was great for me!

Mob Psycho 100-Episode 7

Last edited:
Re-Zero - Episode 21 - Still can't say I was particularly impressed by the battle tbh, just looked weird to me. A decent enough episode none the less though.

91 days - Episode 7 - Loving this. I've seen people suggest that this show is hard to follow and I just don't see how, it's all pretty straight forward if you ask me.

Last edited:
Back