Your viewing journal

Neon Genesis Evangelion 14-26.

I'm glad I have the movie to watch right after this, because there was a noticable dive in quality in the last 5 or 6 episodes and it was the most unsatisfying ending I've come across in a while. It felt like it needed at least another 10 episodes.

I watched the last two Dangaioh OVAs last night... BAWWWW. It was a good watch, I especially loved the opening song, Cross Fight! The ending wasn't even resolved and was left open, I was sort of expecting this to happen... ;____;

Vandread: The Second Stage 8-13

Although it showed a lot of promise in the first few episodes, the quality gradually decreased. The last 3 episodes, where some sort of plot and bad guy were thrown at the last second (plus a character randomly came back from the dead), were pretty horrible... I could overlook it since I'd already stopped taking Vandread seriously after the first season, though.

I give it the same rating I gave to the first reason: 7/10.

When They Cry 1-4

Finally got around to starting the most interesting show I've watched in a long time. I must say, I'm impressed with what I've seen.

Mixing cuteness with scariness to great effect (a cute face and high-pitched voice suddenly changing is pretty scary), time has flew by when watching it. While not what I'd consider truly scary, it's easily the most scary anime I've ever watched... Not that there's much competition when Elfen Lied is the only other anime I've watched that can be categorized as horror.

The mysterious story has been paced perfectly so far, giving just enough to keep the viewer interested with each new episode, which is something most anime seem to struggle to do correctly. It'll be interesting to see where the story is going to go now the first 4 episode story is over.

When They Cry 5-8

After being wowed by the opening 4 episode arc, I wondered what direction the series would go in. It's rather unusual for so many characters to get killed off at the start of a 26 episode series...even more so when the dead characters seem to still be involved in the second season.

At first it seemed like the plot was going to simply be told from back to front, which would've explained why the dead characters still appeared. However, as the second arc moved on, plot points started to contradict each other, continuing to do so until the plots diverged entirely. It seems like each story arc is going to be an alternate universe of sorts, changing the characters personalities and key plot points in each one.

I must say, I'm rather disappointed... I liked the idea of a seemingly epic story being told back to front, but not a series of unconnected stories told out of order. While I hope I'm wrong, When They Cry looks to be a series that isn't going to have much depth at all.

Vampire Wars

Watched it ages ago and enjoyed but couldn't remember it, so bought it and watched it again

Really enjoyed it again :D

Daphne In The Brilliant Blue Vols 3-7.

Forgot how once you get past the the costumes or near lack of, there is actually a good story in here and some good action.

Back