Your viewing journal

one piece ep 162 -163
the perfect Insider ep 6
beautiful bones sakurakos investigation ep 6
ushio and tora ep 20
mobile suit Gundam the origin artesia's sorrow now to wait for part 3 .

ilmaestro said:
No interest in Subete ga F ni Naru?
I wouldn't say no interest. I was watching five shows but ended up dropping most of them due to burnout. OPM and Noragami are the ones I've started watching again. Subete ga F ni Naru and Sakurako-san were two shows I had my eye on but never got around to watching. I might give the former a go if you're recommending it.

At the end of the day, I want to discover and feel the full gamut of emotions and animation allows for such feelings to be transmitted in ways other mediums can't. To disgust, to anger, to excite, to sadden, the ability to make your audience and your viewer feel these emotions must be a powerful prospect for the directors, creators, writers and artists. Like magicians they manipulate the way we in which feel through imagery and sound and as a viewer the ability to feel such emotions is exciting albeit while under a safety net. It's why I watch films and listen to music and watch anime. To see a series where you feel powerless, where you witness things that make you feel uncomfortable is exciting in a world where everything is played safe. To restrict yourself as a viewer and as a creator is to not challenge yourself I feel. Its not for everybody and not everybody will be as welcoming to such experiences and that's fine. You don't have to like Aku no Hana, however Aku no Hana is a honest show that doesn't try to sugar coat its intentions and I appreciate that a lot. If the quote that which does not kill us makes us stronger is true, and such pain reminds us that we're alive I guess in a sense feeling such things as comfortableness in movies and shows can also achieve the same, especially when you live such a monotonous life.

Claymore - Episode 13 - This series is seriously awesome. Will be picking up the Anime Ltd release next year.

Heroic Age Episode 17 - this series is going down hill rapidly

qaiz said:
At the end of the day, I want to discover and feel the full gamut of emotions and animation allows for such feelings to be transmitted in ways other mediums can't. To disgust, to anger, to excite, to sadden, the ability to make your audience and your viewer feel these emotions must be a powerful prospect for the directors, creators, writers and artists. Like magicians they manipulate the way we in which feel through imagery and sound and as a viewer the ability to feel such emotions is exciting albeit while under a safety net. It's why I watch films and listen to music and watch anime. To see a series where you feel powerless, where you witness things that make you feel uncomfortable is exciting in a world where everything is played safe. To restrict yourself as a viewer and as a creator is to not challenge yourself I feel. Its not for everybody and not everybody will be as welcoming to such experiences and that's fine. You don't have to like Aku no Hana, however Aku no Hana is a honest show that doesn't try to sugar coat its intentions and I appreciate that a lot. If the quote that which does not kill us makes us stronger is true, and such pain reminds us that we're alive I guess in a sense feeling such things as comfortableness in movies and shows can also achieve the same, especially when you live such a monotonous life.

Sometimes when your powerless to do anything can make you feel hopeless not trying to do anything..... yeah I know it's part of the story but sometimes you just want to help that character

Young Black Jack episode 7
Seraph of the End: Battle in Nagoya episode 6 - the music in this week's ep was soooo good!
Heavy Object episode 7
Asterisk War episode 7
Attack on Titan Junior High episode 7
Full Metal Panic! episodes 9-18
Magi: Labyrinth of Magic episode 5

Mangaranga said:
ilmaestro said:
No interest in Subete ga F ni Naru?
I wouldn't say no interest. I was watching five shows but ended up dropping most of them due to burnout. OPM and Noragami are the ones I've started watching again. Subete ga F ni Naru and Sakurako-san were two shows I had my eye on but never got around to watching. I might give the former a go if you're recommending it.
I definitely am, but I might say just keep it in mind for a time when you're really feeling it as it's heavier than most shows and rewards enthusiastic consumption.

Sakurako-san is also quite good, although not in the same tier as Subete ga F ni Naru, and is a much lighter show to watch if you find yourself looking to fill some time.

Back