utawarerumono the false faces ep 6

Full Metal Panic! episodes 6-8
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic episodes 1-2
Comet Lucifer episode 6
One Punch Man episode 6
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans episode 6
Dragon Ball Super episode 18

Birdy The Mighty Decode eps 8-13

Went into series not expecting much as it's not rated very highly but I really liked this series, had a nice mix of sci-fi/action and slice of life/comedy.

When Tsutomu got his body back, I wondered how long it would take for him to get killed again so he and Birdy could share a body again and in typical hero fashion in episode 13 he sacrificed himself to save Sayaka. When that happened I knew he would go back to sharing Birdys body, it's much more interesting that way and at the end of episode they showed him still alive in Birdys body :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Danganronpa: The Animation - Episode 01
Yo-Kai Watch - Episode 03 (English Dub)
Heavy Object - Episode 06

I have been one of the few defenders of this show, but not even I can defend this episode. This entire episode is full of boring geopolitical crap that I neither followed nor cared about, stopping only for an indefensibly unfunny sex joke involving a flute (and somehow it isn't the obvious sex joke involving a flute -- because apparently the one area this show is willing to be creative in is "flute based sex jokes"). In fact I was so unhappy about that joke I almost stopped watching the episode then and there. Seriously, just grow the **** up already Heavy Object...

Also, I've just realised Qwenthur is 17 and the Princess is 14, that's just creepy, and makes the aforementioned flute joke almost certainly a sex offence...

Ushio and Tora - Episode 19

Well that got unexpectedly dark...

Buzz201 said:
Heavy Object - Episode 06

I have been one of the few defenders of this show, but not even I can defend this episode. This entire episode is full of boring geopolitical crap that I neither followed nor cared about, stopping only for an indefensibly unfunny sex joke involving a flute (and somehow it isn't the obvious sex joke involving a flute -- because apparently the one area this show is willing to be creative in is "flute based sex jokes"). In fact I was so unhappy about that joke I almost stopped watching the episode then and there.

I dropped the show but your comments piqued my curiosity and I looked this scene up. Um. My doubts about whether I was too harsh in dropping it have vanished, at least ^^;

R

One Punch Man (Japanese audio) - Episode 06
Great Teacher Onizuka (Japanese audio) - Episodes 42-43 (Completed)

Interesting end to the anime. This show is worth the watch but just keep in mind that the filler does ruin the pacing (it's still good mind you) and the actual story is twice as long in the manga!

One Punch Man - Episodes 3 & 4

I've been experiencing a bit of a burnout recently so I've dropped most of my currently airing shows... except this one.
I find myself coming back to OPM because it's just pure silly fun. It gives off the same kind of vibe that Samurai Flamenco did - except this isn't ridiculously dumb and is actually well animated.

Rui said:
I dropped the show but your comments piqued my curiosity and I looked this scene up. Um. My doubts about whether I was too harsh in dropping it have vanished, at least ^^;

R

If they were to get rid of the godawful sex jokes, I think the show would actually be quite fun. The trouble is, it would probably also have to be a series of 8 minute shorts.

Also, apparently it's only going to get worse in future episodes, because they've yet to reveal that Havia has a fiancée and a literal boat full of maids...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is The Order a Rabbit??-Episode 5

I loved this episode! The moments with Cocoa and Mocha were really cute and there were a ton of great jokes in this one too. I hope Mocha sticks around for the rest of the series, she's great!

Yo-Kai Watch - Episode 04 (English Dub)
Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 04

I've been enjoying Yo-Kai Watch, but I've dropped it, because I can wait until it gets a proper UK release. It's an enjoyable show, but it is my new must-watch obsession, not really. If it lands on CITV, I'd give it a watch, but other than that, maybe when I get really bored and depressed...

Also, I'm still massively behind on a couple of my simulcasts (Orphans, Perfect Insider, One-Punch Man), I should really catch-up, but I don't have the inclination for some reason, even though I'm truly fed up of hearing people talk about how great One-Punch Man is.

Back