Your viewing journal

Now and Then, Here and There is a masterpiece. However, I can't bring myself to watch it again either. It's devastating.

With the arrival of the collector's edition, I proceeded to rewatch all of Fullmetal Alchemist (including Conqueror of Shamballa). Still an incredible series in its own right. Being in an FMA mood afterwards, I then proceeded to rewatch all of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood as well. Just because. I am incredibly lucky to have two incredible adaptations of my favourite manga available.

Maybe now I'll find time to watch some of the new season :p

Flowers of Evil ep 1-3
I wasn't to sure about the animation but it's really starting to grow on me and the Ending theme is absoultly fantastic.im quite looking forward to the rest of this

Heavy Object - Episode 02

So this episode was a bit of a roller-coaster for me, at first I was so happy, I thought we were finally getting a show that didn't have an amazing protagonist who never fails and is always overly enthusiastic and super talented and can't help but rush in and somehow save everybody even though he should have died. Instead starting the show with clear tangible failure and having one of the main protagonists explicitly tell the other how useless they both are and how they shouldn't rush in and save people. And then 11:25 seconds in they had to ruin everything and do the one thing I did not want them to. (Qwenthur dashing off to save the princess.) Fortunately they managed to avoid the more annoying trappings of this type of work, especially with Qwenthur generally being a complete mess during the rescue attempt. Somehow despite nearly losing me completely, by the end of the episode it had managed to re-win me over, although it did nearly lose me again when Qwenthur suddenly turned super-confident and was being a dick to Havia. I'm writing that off as him flirting with the princess though.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not Anime really but I watched the first episode of the Live Action GTO, my first drama on Crunchy, quite liked it overall.

Ath said:
Now and Then, Here and There is a masterpiece. However, I can't bring myself to watch it again either. It's devastating.

I'm not sure I wanna finish the show now haha

qaiz said:
I watched Now and Then, Here and There in one sitting :p

Considering Ath's comment and the general feel I'm getting for the show, it might be safe to assume you're a masochist :lol:

Lupin III: Part 3 ep7

You can tell the depth of Death Garb's evil, not from the amount of dynamite he's using, but from how perfectly he's balancing that jacket on his shoulders.

CQ6bf8BWIAAP6dS.jpg

Today (techinically yesterday as well), i watched the following:

Lance N' Masques episode 2
Noragami Aragoto episode 2
Heavy Object episode 2
Hunter x Hunter 2011 episode 38

Dannielle said:
It's not Anime really but I watched the first episode of the Live Action GTO, my first drama on Crunchy, quite liked it overall.

Ath said:

I'm not sure I wanna finish the show now haha

qaiz said:
I watched Now and Then, Here and There in one sitting :p

Considering Ath's comment and the general feel I'm getting for the show, it might be safe to assume you're a masochist :lol:

I saw that.... to be honest it is a devastating series but not as bad as grave of the fireflies..... now that's a series I will never watch again.

Now and then I can watch because.... It's kinda silly..... in terms of its villain.....I swear he was a disappointment.... the first half was shocking butwhen the second half started it concentrated on rape and keeping a baby or getting ride of it.... And when our main character objects to her getting ride of the baby ... it got me fuming because....

1 he doesn't know how it feels to be violated
2 it's her body and she should get to do what ever she wants
3 his too optimistic about this subject .

It would be hard on her body because of how young she is.

I'm sure they are tippy toeing around this subject to not offend anyone.

Fairy Tail season 2 episode 79

Young Black Jack episode 2 - Not as fussed with this episode as I was the first, the outcome didn't really seem realistic and I didn't find it as interesting overall. Hmm. Hopefully next week is better.

The Asterisk Wars episode 2

Noragami season 2 episode 2 - Lot of laughs in this episode. Lot of love for this series right now.

Zone of the enders

Watched the prequel ........ pretty good I like old shows like this

8/10

A comic artist and his assistants

I love this series

No school

It happens after school
The characters are funny
The series is fun
It's short ans sweet but I wish I had more

Great series
9/10

Blood Blockade Battlefront - Episode 12 (Complete)

I think it's safe to say BBB has secured future classic status or it least it should have done, and it ends with an episode that has literally everything and then some, and manages to be funny, tense and provides a rather emotional scene between two unexpected characters, as well emotional development for several others. I'm not sure the whole White is the barrier thing completely made sense, mostly because no explanation of that was given at all (from what they say at the end, are we to understand that she never existed until the first collapse or was it that she did exist but was turned into the barrier or that she died and was kept alive by being turned into the barrier? That whole "three years" dialogue from Black didn't make too much sense.) It was also nice that they seem to have hit all the brief clips we saw of the final battle in the opening episode too.

I hope this doesn't affect Rie Matsumoto too much, because I can't see how they could have done even half of that episode in 2 or 3 weeks. I mean, there's a difference between ambition and lunacy and attempting to this episode at the end of a run falls firmly in the later category. My only real complaint would be that the opening 20 minutes felt like some sequences had been padded out to get to the full 46 minute runtime, but that was very minor and there was enough going on for it not to be a problem.

One question though, what's with the random shot of the baby in the middle of the conversation between Klaus and Stephen (at about 9:25)? Are we to take them as a gay couple, because if so, why the hell did they not introduce that sooner?

Back