Your viewing journal

Kiniro Mosaic-Episode 1

Decided to take another short break from Monogatari before finally finishing it off by watching something a little easier to digest. I have been meaning to watch this shows for a while now so I thought why not. I quite liked this first episode. This show is just downright adorable. From the art to the character design to the music, this show just seems genuinely heart warming. The Japanese voice actors speaking English was a little distracting but I'm not sure how cost effective it would have been for them to hire English voice actors for the roles seeing as I don't think there is going to be much more English dialogue as the show only appears to be in England for that one episode. So yes, pretty good so far.

Also, upon seeing the title card for the first time, I realised I have been reading it incorrectly since I first heard of the show. I thought the show was called Kirino Mosaic, not Kiniro Mosaic. It's going to take me along to time to stop calling it that.

Jojo SC: Battle in Egypt ep17

I haven't disliked this arc, but, now that we've reached Dio's mansion, I feel like sitting down to play videogames is a bit anticlimactic. Although, as was discussed in chat last night, this may have seemed more sexy and exciting in the late '80s than it does now.

Macross 7 ep2

It feels a bit soon to be complaining about pacing, but, bar one sequence that moved the plot on, this felt suspiciously like a re-run of the first episode.

Not having read the original Jojo's manga - I presume they mean to finish Stardust Crusaders by the end of this current cour, right?

Hunter x Hunter - eps 1-7

Finally got round to watching this after hearing so many people rave about it saying it's one of the best Shonen adaptations out there. And yup, I'm starting to see why now - it's properly *dark* in places, and I'm still pretty much at the start. Also, the visuals are pretty amazing by Shonen standards - the early eps went out in 2011 and for the most part look better than stuff like Fairy Tail that's going out right now.

Romeo x Juliet - eps 1-6

Tempted to watch this based on the very high rating it has on ANN, and enjoyed it reasonably enough so far. I put off watching it for ages as the concept kind of sounded awful to me - I mean, how can you even take on the greatest love story of all time? But it's interesting to see what it does to it tweaking it into a sort of generic anime fantasy setting and introducing the gender-bending aspect. I'm yet to be fully convinced though.

Canaan - eps 1-5

Well, this is interesting - it looks great (as does all of PA Works stuff) and it's kind of amusing to see the lead girl as a kind of prototype of Miyamori Aoi from Shirobako - in terms of character design anyway. There's some great English VA work too, and I like how it plays out as a kind of blend of Noir, Black Lagoon and Jormungand - all shows which I loved. I suppose it does require quite a large suspension of belief though, as these 'normal' characters face up against the most horrific kinds of violence without running for the hills.

Lutga said:
Canaan - eps 1-5

Well, this is interesting - it looks great (as does all of PA Works stuff) and it's kind of amusing to see the lead girl as a kind of prototype of Miyamori Aoi from Shirobako - in terms of character design anyway. There's some great English VA work too, and I like how it plays out as a kind of blend of Noir, Black Lagoon and Jormungand - all shows which I loved. I suppose it does require quite a large suspension of belief though, as these 'normal' characters face up against the most horrific kinds of violence without running for the hills.

Good to see some talk about Canaan, i've had it next to my TV to watch for ages but always chose something else to watch. From your mini-review looks like it's quite good so i'll make sure to watch it next after Heaven's Memo Pad :)

Heaven's Memo Pad - eps 1-6

Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine - Episode 4

Still love this show, fantastic mix of drama and action.

Ghost in the Shell Arise: Alternative Architecture - Episode 5

Sound Euphonium ep 5

This ep threw some really weird curveballs, both emotionally and tonally. Like, you had the comedy/fanservice bits at the start with Kumiko worried about her breast size, but then you got the strange, slightly trippy sequence of Kumiko and Reina chatting on the street. After that scene I'm kind of worried the series might go all icky and dark with Reina having a relationship/unrequited crush on the teacher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lutga said:
Sound Euphonium ep 5

This ep threw some really weird curveballs, both emotionally and tonally. Like, you had the comedy/fanservice bits at the start with Kumiko worried about her breast size, but then you got the strange, slightly trippy sequence of Kumiko and Reina chatting on the street. After that scene I'm kind of worried the series might go all icky and dark with Reina having a relationship/unrequited crush on the teacher.

While she is awfully defensive of him, I'm not sure it's going to take that route. That would just be really weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hibike! Euphonium Ep. 5
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches Ep. 4
Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku Ep. 5
Kyoukai no Rinne Ep. 5

Macross 7 ep3

Still unsure how I feel about this one. I'm not entirely put off by how relentlessly silly it feels, compared to Plus or DYRL, but Basara strikes me as one of those main characters you'd never tire of punching in the face.

Slayers ep1

Yeah, I went there. My body is ready.

Back