Your viewing journal

Watched Shuffle! episode #1 (dub)
I think the dub of it is awesome, Can't wait to see if they release it over here & i think all the cast were good especially Carrie Savage.

Naruto: Shippuden 42. I watched it because I heart the scene of Yonbi Naruto and Orochimaru fighting and the anime provided the epic, now I no longer have any desires to watch the anime as that is all I wanted to see.

Watched my Castle of Cagliostro DVD today. Wow! It was superb. I must thank Sy for insisting on the sub over the dub. The dub totally changes the characters, and a portion of the story, too. Plus, the Japanese voice acting was great! Really, really enjoyed Cagliostro! 9/10!

CitizenGeek said:
Watched my Castle of Cagliostro DVD today. Wow! It was superb. I must thank Sy for insisting on the sub over the dub. The dub totally changes the characters, and a portion of the story, too. Plus, the Japanese voice acting was great! Really, really enjoyed Cagliostro! 9/10!
Glad you enjoyed it. Although originally unsure about Lupins Japanese voice I've come to regard it as untouchable and absolutely hilarious. If you can find a download of it I suggest you look out for 'Operation Return the Tresures' or check out the Funimation boxsets released in the US.

Sy said:
Glad you enjoyed it. Although originally unsure about Lupins Japanese voice I've come to regard it as untouchable and absolutely hilarious. If you can find a download of it I suggest you look out for 'Operation Return the Tresures' or check out the Funimation boxsets released in the US.

I loved Lupin's Japanese voice from the start! Like you said, it's absolutely hilarious and I really think it added immeasurably to the movie!

Are there any more Lupin anime released in the UK? I think I might watch the first series, but the second series is, like, 150+ episodes :[

Finally got round to watching some anime after getting back to uni, Clannad 13 and ef 9. I really enjoy ef at the moment even though i have only 3 episodes to go.

I watched Paprika last night after having it in my room for over 3 months, I watched it in Japanese [OMG, HE ACTUALLY PICKED SOMETHING WHICH WASN'T DUBBED!?] Because Megumi Hayashibara had the lead role and she don't get them often these days. It was a great movie, though I could tell straight away who was the seiyuu of Detective Konakowa, because he has the exact same generic tough guy voice ALL the time, it was of course Akio Otsuka, the Japanese voice of Snake & Batou. I did really enjoy the film quite thought provoking, although reading subs at 2am in the morning I wouldn't advise doing.

EDIT: Also lol @ Satoshi Kon shamelessly advertising his other movies at the end of Paprika.

Heat Guy J 01-05

I couldn't get into this series the first time I tried watching it. Seeing as tho I own the first series box set , I thought I'd give it another chance.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust; was great, better than I expected, easily better than the original, character designs by Yoshitaka Amano. <3

I was expecting not to care much for it, but loved it.

Back