Your viewing journal - debate

stuart-says-yes said:
though people have buzy live's surly that's what sundays for or the evening to watch anime and comment on it in detail
[/b]

I just watch stuff when I get the chance to, tbh. No specific day set aside. Often busier on Sundays than any other day actually ;) 8)

stuart-says-yes said:
Aion said:
Everyone goes through a stage where they need to distance themselves from anime for normality reasons - it's a natural part of growth into an even more annoying, fully developed prick.

s'pose you went through it to then aion.

though people have buzy live's surly that's what sundays for or the evening to watch anime and comment on it in detail
[/b]

Before i sandblast you with Jargon.
I live a very hectic life, constantly doing something, always have plans to go somewhere or see someone. Anime shouldn't be your reason for living, but not taking 5mins to write a mini discription on how your finding the anime but finding 5mins to post about not being able to post that mini review is petty. this thread itself is petty.

I'll post my mini reviews tomorrow to save people complaining....after watching thausands of minutes of DBZ recently, i'll have more than enough posting to help drown this petty squabbling.

I still like anime, I just can't be ****** with it right now, I have a higher priority of things to do then watch... Denku Busters.

I don't see why I'm not allowed to post, there's other sections than the anime section.

How do you expect people to be willing to discuss something as diverse as anime as often as they watch it? We all have different preferences and different reasons for watching anime. Some aren't always sirius bizness and don't feel it's worth the time or effort to talk about a series if they're not heavily invested. Some may want to talk about anime but aren't very good at articulating their thoughts and hold back. Some have tastes that are too different from others and find it hard to connect with others. You can't just lump people together and moan at them for not being like you.

Instead of bitching, encourage people to talk.

Lupus said:
I don't see why I'm not allowed to post, there's other sections than the anime section.

Because I say so - that's why.

...Like I said before, right now I'm not really in the mood for typing about anime myself. Rather than discuss, I'd rather give a rating and attempt to express why I scored the way I did. The problem is, I struggle to do so in a paragraph or two, feeling the need to go on for far longer than anyone cares to read. When you have a tendency to ramble and want to avoid doing so, it's best to just not bother typing anything at all.

The people I have problem with are those who watch a lot, post and attempt to express nothing. I really don't give a toss what Mangaman has seen; I want to read about his views. If a person is unable to simply give +1 or -1 opinions, then they have no place on a message board--a place for discussion.

Aion said:
Lupus said:

Because I say so - that's why.

...Like I said before, right now I'm not really in the mood for typing about anime myself. Rather than discuss, I'd rather give a rating and attempt to express why I scored the way I did. The problem is, I struggle to do so in a paragraph or two, feeling the need to go on for far longer than anyone cares to read. When you have a tendency to ramble and want to avoid doing so, it's best to just not bother typing anything at all.

The people I have problem with are those who watch a lot, post and attempt to express nothing. I really don't give a toss what Mangaman has seen; I want to read about his views. If a person is unable to simply give +1 or -1 opinions, then they have no place on a message board--a place for discussion.
Which makes me glad you're not in charge! You are aware that the only reason the forum exist is to annoy you right? =P

Seriously, I read everything you post. Everything you rated high, I actually enjoyed a lot, but I also enjoy things you rated low for several different reasons. In general, if one wants just to post whatever he just watched, that's fine with me. Who knows if someday they decide to write essay-like reviews on these shows.

And even if you don't think what they post relevant, maybe there is more to them in other places you're not really looking into, such as the chat.

I don't tend to discuss anime online but I do annoy my friends and brother by continuously talking about what I've just watched - It's fun.

I recently watched kite liberator (then kite again since I haven't seen it for a while) and some maybe not so common anime such as Vampire princess Miyu (OAV's and TV series) and the Sweat Punch OAV's which I guess I could write about.

I'd rather read what other people have written though and every now and again even Aions reviews :p

I liked Kite liberator but watch it as a separate anime not as a sequel because its not the same as kite. Has a little nudity but no hentai. Has a sci fi twist right from the very start with a crew in a space station. There are two characters who could be sawa but you never really know which is Sawa. The fight scenes are not as violent, not as long and not as well choreographed as in Kite but still ok.

Now I may have made it seem bad but I thought the plot was pretty engaging, I was really enjoying it and there was a lot going on. Even though it was a 1 hour OAV it felt like a feature film and then the most annoying thing ever came.

It suddenly cut and the credits came. Not a cliffhanger, it was like they had made a film, cut it in half and threw one half away. No kind of conclusion to anything at all and there were new themes only just starting.

I would say its worth a look. Ignoring the random cut at the end I would say 8/10 maybe.

Back