your choice dvd or blu-ray

Whats the problem with DVD, seriously, Blu-Ray doesn't make much difference to me, well not enough different to inherit the price which it commands. In my eyes they'll probably end up making Blu-Ray non-DVD compatible, so you'll have to rebuy your're entire collection of DVD's...DVD'S ALL THE WAY.

Bit late for them to make it incompatible; I already have two blu-ray players which are ;p

I'm not rebuying any DVDs unless it's something glorious (like the Utena movie) which I could watch a thousand times in increasingly more beautiful forms. VHS upgrades were needed because DVD is so much more convenient and the players are incompatible but my DVDs are fine for the forseeable future.

R

Like BlackWolf, I'd do whichever is the cheapest option.

So I guess its the dvd ;p.

DVD Player = ~£20 For a cheap one.
Blue-ray Player = ~£200 For a cheap one.

Now, which one will it be? ;p

Ill stick with DVDs for a while.

On Blu-Ray they may use 2 discs for a 26 episode series, if they upped the quality of the video, possible on some animes like GITS SAC.

I'd probably go for the DVD as I actually like things that take up room (Famous last words?? :lol:) cause it makes me look like I have lots of stuff :lol:

But yeh, wahtever is cheapest. I guess, I do have a PS3 so...

Spyro201 said:
I'd probably go for the DVD as I actually like things that take up room (Famous last words?? :lol:) cause it makes me look like I have lots of stuff :lol:

Wait until you get enough stuff... eventually you will, mate ;)

I prefer DVDs, cheaper, plus they can go with my large anime collection I already possess (and I can watch them on my laptop).

But also don't forget, this is anime distributors we're talking about...perhaps they could put a 26 episode series on 1-3 discs, but I still bet they'd be selling them 4 episodes per disc :p

Ok, I got a question...

If I have a dvd hd player, or a blue ray player; Will they play my normal dvds?

And, do blue ray players / dvd hd players play other regions? (Eg. Region1).

Also, would they play my normal dvds better quality than a normal dvd player, with the same tv quality?

And, would it make a big difference, or just slightly improved?

I tried searching, but I couldn't find much <_<

Yagami said:
Ok, I got a question...

If I have a dvd hd player, or a blue ray player; Will they play my normal dvds?

And, do blue ray players / dvd hd players play other regions? (Eg. Region1).

Also, would they play my normal dvds better quality than a normal dvd player, with the same tv quality?

And, would it make a big difference, or just slightly improved?

I tried searching, but I couldn't find much <_<

yes

Rumour has a yes for this too, but I'm yet to see one.

yes, most if not all would do the upscaling thing.

Sligthly improved from what I heard. Maybe you could ask someone who has a ps3, as it does upscaling....

For now, I stick with DVDs because it's cheaper imo.

But if a anime boxset on a Blu-ray format is cheap because of 'less disc', then I go for that. Plus more extra goodies <333

Chrono Mizaki said:
For now, I stick with DVDs because it's cheaper imo.

But if a anime boxset on a Blu-ray format is cheap because of 'less disc', then I go for that. Plus more extra goodies <333

I think that Blu-ray boxsets will still be more expensive just for the fact that it's Blu-ray and new even with 'less disc'.

Back