your choice dvd or blu-ray

Chrono Mizaki said:
But if a anime boxset on a Blu-ray format is cheap because of 'less disc', then I go for that.

But if it has less discs, then it voids the whole point of having Blu-ray in the first place. Less discs are never going to happen, and it's already being seen all over the market.

Yagami said:
Ok, I got a question...

If I have a dvd hd player, or a blue ray player; Will they play my normal dvds?

And, do blue ray players / dvd hd players play other regions? (Eg. Region1).

Also, would they play my normal dvds better quality than a normal dvd player, with the same tv quality?

And, would it make a big difference, or just slightly improved?

I tried searching, but I couldn't find much <_<

HD-DVD and Blu-Ray players will play DVDs and CDs (not sure on things like SACDs) but I am unsure if they will play DVDs from outside the region of the player.

I don't know of many multi-region Blu-Ray players but I was told the other day Pioneer (I think) do one that can be re-programed for region each time you use it but at something like £600 it is a bit steep for anyone but the addicted. I was told there is supposed to be a way of re-setting the regions on a PS3(unconfirmed), something about hitting the circle button while it is trying to load the Blu-Ray disc.

The HD-DVD and Blu-Ray players should give a slightly better picture from a standard DVD if they up-scale, if like me you have an up-scaling DVD player you might not notice a difference.

hopeful_monster said:
adamcube said:
Also, I really don't like the encryption they put on the Blu-Ray discs. It's just another layer of unnecessarily imposed control. :(
come on, like that is going to last long. It's already been broken by the guy's at Slysoft.

Well I know that much - but it's just the fact that it's there. Much like having to get around DRM if you actually want a choice of which MP3 player you upgrade to.

Back