Yaoi License Announcements

only the stars know.jpeg
Seven Seas Licenses ONLY THE STARS KNOW Boys’ Love Manga

(September 20, 2023) – Seven Seas Entertainment is pleased to announce the license acquisition of the self-contained BL manga Only the Stars Know by Nagisa Furuya. From the creator of The Two Lions (also from Seven Seas) comes this Boys’ Love romance about a college student and an older man making an unexpected connection through stargazing.

After suffering a loss both at work and in his personal life, college student Sora feels crushed. A stiff night walk to process his thoughts leads him to a discovery: a handsome man sitting in a secluded spot in the park that’s perfect for stargazing. Sora and the man start chatting, and he feels comfortable enough to start talking about his problems–but he’s still stunned when the man kisses him! Although Sora initially writes off the night as an unexpected connection with a stranger, this isn’t the last he’ll see of the man who stares up at the sky.

Only the Stars Know will be released for the first time in the English language in May 2024 for $14.99 USA / $18.99 CAN, with the book available in a single edition as part of the Seven Seas BL label (Boys’ Love titles). An ebook edition will also be available.

It's good to see Seven Seas Airship carrying on with Michi Ichiho's BL novel series (although not 100% sure we also needed the manga but that's the way US publishers seem to go) but... did we really need a new edition of Gravitation? (Apologies to fans of the series but even with a new translation, I'm not sure this is the way to go when there are so many other iconic BL series Out There that have never yet been translated. Also imho the anime version worked much better to bring this to life...) 🤔

It's good to see Seven Seas Airship carrying on with Michi Ichiho's BL novel series (although not 100% sure we also needed the manga but that's the way US publishers seem to go) but... did we really need a new edition of Gravitation? (Apologies to fans of the series but even with a new translation, I'm not sure this is the way to go when there are so many other iconic BL series Out There that have never yet been translated. Also imho the anime version worked much better to bring this to life...) 🤔

Plus these don't even appear to be hardcovers (I know, I know I'm a broken record wrt this lol) 😅

I did like Gravitation ages ago but it's not one I'll ever likely read or buy again.
I'm amazed that they're reissuing it with a new translation - especially those later volumes (you know what I mean!). I always preferred the anime which improved so much on the original manga imho. (I wonder how it will sell? I so wish they could have brought out one of the many excellent new BL series not already available in English instead.)

Back